“Fresh”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 356 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: National Park Way
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went to Benihana as part of our "world tour" of Chicago, so this was part of our trip to Japan. The food was fresh, the grills clean, and our chef very entertaining. My grandsons loved it! The 4 year old kept calling the chef a food ninja. They were so excited that it made the price worth it. It was pricey compared to what we usually do (the kids meals were $10.00 not including a drink), the adult meals were around $17.00, these were lunch prices. However, if you think of it as dinner and a show it seems better.

1  Thank westmont60559

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Good location. Easy access from interstate. Very clean restaurant with good servers. The cooks on the habatchi are usually full of personality.

1  Thank Mham516
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My daughter picked Benihana's for her birthday dinner. We were not disappointed! The food was fresh, the grill was clean...and our server Tom was quite funny and skilled with a knife. Sometimes you can leave these places that cook inn front of you smelly like a hibachi grill and onions...we did not! Meaning the ventilation was good! They even took a picture of our family and printed it for us to take home. Overall, we got just what we came for...a great time!

1  Thank kelley65
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Celebrated my daughters graduation from college and she wanted to go to Benihana . I have been to several restaurants like this one and like the concept. This one was a big disappointment. The "chef" was nice but not very entertaining and the food was so bland. No flavor. Most of our group and the filet steak. It was ok but not worth the 23 dollars. The rice was undercooked, vegetables were tasteless, drinks expensive, shrimp was dry.......so sad we went there ! Never again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I were on a weekend getaway to Chicago for the weekend. I have been before but this was the first time my wife had ever been to Benihana. The atmosphere and entertainment were both great, and the food was excellent. I had Chateaubriand for the first time ever, and it was without a doubt the best steak I have ever had. Great variety on the menu and delicious sushi. Will be back again!