“Unexpected amenities”

Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've stayed in a number of Marriott properties before, but was not prepared for the wonderful amenities offered by the Courtyard by Marriott in Schaumburg. The rooms were clean and well appointed like you would expect, but the lobby, bar and common areas were designed to perfection. There are two areas adjacent to the lobby, one with food and drink the other with a very large screen TV. The bar/dining space had booths set up with individual TVs so you could watch whatever programming you desire using the remote set at each table. Each booth also had power and data outlets to allow use of electronic devices, as did high bar space. There are a number of excellent dining locations within easy walking distance from the hotel.
You can't find a better moderately priced lodging opportunity in the Northwest suburbs.

Room Tip: You can park directly adjacent to the section of the hotel where your room is located.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank miket003
CYSCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Thank you for writing such great things about the hotel! We appreciate the positive feedback!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I ended up here when my flight back East got cancelled. Very friendly front desk personnel. The hotel is newer and was very clean. The room and bed were very comfortable and a very convenient location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank stingwr8y
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the Schaumburg Marriott Courtyard in May. I checked in on a Thursday night and the room was perfect. Around 10pm, after I had settled in there was yelling and banging in the room next door. I gave it time in the hopes my neighbors would quiet down and when they didn't called the front desk. I spoke to front desk agent Michael. Michael was very professional
and polite. He apologized and then he took the step that tells me the hotel has great management. He offered to move me to another room. No empty assurances that a call would be made to ask my neighbors to keep it down, but a room at the other end of the hall. Michael delivered the new key and I moved to a new peaceful room. Thanks to the Marriott Courtyard Schaumburg and Michael, I had a great stay at a hotel I am happy to recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Christine W
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This newer hotel was conducive to a biz trip. A little off the road so pretty quiet. Close to a lot of restaurants and the Woodfield Mall.

The bathroom was a decent size and everything worked as expected.

Large lounge area was good for our pre meeting meeting.

Gym had good new equipment and everything in working order.

Overall a good stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CYSCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for thre great review!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel - typical for courtyard. Check in and lobby was good. Location is close to restaurants and and shopping. Breakfast could be slow so I would recommend Panera across the street. Running is tough but I ventured out around the mall and overall is was fine.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing Courtyard!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have stayed at this property numerous times because our office is just down the street. This is likely my last stay at this property. On the day of arrival, I received an e-mail from Andrea essentially demanding that I confirm that I am still planning to stay there. I am gold level with Marriott so there are definitely a lot of folks who stay more often than me but the attitude of the e-mail was rude and inconsiderate. When I checked in the front desk person, Andrea (maybe the same Andrea) was not friendly and seemed to be in a rush. There are other Marriott properties in the area and next time, i will try one of them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank copygirl
CYSCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are simply contacting guests to confirm reservations during high demand times where we have several guests on a waiting list for rooms. I apologize you were offended that we asked to confirm your reservation. We simply are trying to ensure that guests who need a room get one and that we don't have no shows where we have to charge guests for rooms they do not use.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Two new employees were training at the front desk and were very attentive and considerate. This was my second stay here and have found the service to be fantastic. Rooms and lobby are clean and quiet. Great location for the local mall area and METRA train stations are 10-15 minutes away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for the great review. Hope to see you again, soon.