“Always a great time”

US$59.99*
and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament Chicago
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Liked the family activity. The kids all loved to go. We had an 18 month old that didn't appreciate the visit too much, but the teens had a great time. The non-stop action is good. The employees were nice and hardworking, but you can tell they seem overworked and tired of the show. The items for sale are a bit pricey even for such a place. The econmy items are very cheaply made. The food was plentiful and good tasting. We used a coupon to make the entry fee much more affordable.

MTIllinois, Manager at Medieval Times, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

cristjw,

Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy to hear that your family enjoyed their visit to our castle as we strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests.

We look forward to having you again at our castle soon.

There are newer reviews for Medieval Times

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Seriously, it was a ton of fun, not just watching the show, but watching our kids watch the show -- really a great night and a great family outing.

Pre-show: I arrived 75 minutes early as instructed, but I figure for a Tuesday night 30 minutes early would have been fine. Hard to tell how they assigned the seats, but presumably earlier arrival = better seats. Good selection of drinks, if pricey, and the "regular" drink cups make fine souvenirs themselves.

Dinner: For a place that draws so many 5 - 10 year olds, I'd hope for a little more kid-friendly food choices. No way my 5- and 7-year old boys will drink tomato soup out of a pewter bowl with a very hot handle. I also had to rip the chicken to shreds for them as it was too hot for them to handle. That said, we *loved* the dinner, and ate wayyyy too much. The garlic bread was inhaled, and the chicken, though I'm not a fan of the slight lemon flavor, was great and the giant rib and apple poptart were all delicious.

Show: The boys couldn't wait for the "fighting" to start, so be aware that there is a pretty good opening stretch where it is mildly entertaining horse demonstrations. once the battles started, the 5, 7 and 10 year olds were totally into it, cheering, booing, waving their banner, just all very exciting. Our 14-year-old was not as enthusiastic, and our 19-year-old derived a kind of ironic amusement out of the whole thing. The sound system wasn't quite right where we were sitting so we couldn't always follow what was going on, but it didn't really matter.

Overall: Definitely recommended for families!

1  Thank Jonathan D

Jonathan,

We are very happy to hear that your family enjoyed their time at our castle. Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to having you at our castle again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have often thought of trying this experience, and recently gave in to that urge. From the time you step in the door they are looking to sell you something...it is a lot like Disney in that respect. We paid for a basic seating spot, avoiding the "special seating" at an extra cost. Our seats were fine for seeing all of the show. Before you enter the arena you have to walk through a very large room/gift shop. Be prepared for your children's requests to by swords, crowns, light-ups, etc. Once seated the food and drink come fairly quick. The only options you have for food are vegan or non-vegan. The food was good, but not exceptional for the cost. The entertainment is ok if you enjoy pro wrestling and/or monster truck shows. After the meal and show are over you still have to walk the kids through the gift shop one more time to exit. This was an interesting experience for our family, but we will not do this again.

1  Thank Bill K

Bill,

Thank you very much for your review. Our sales help to care for and feed 25 of our beautiful Andalusian stallions and all our show horses which are a huge part of our show. We thank you for your support and hope you will visit again soon,

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend this special treat from the past. We were party of 10 and ALL had an amazing Fun time and laughs! Party of 10 of all ages, 50s, 20s, Teens & Kids. The Black Knight Rules! Food is surprisingly Tasty, bread, ribs, coffee, apple turnover, & Chix. Great Value@$35pp. Perfect Beautiful Evening my Family will remember in the yrs to come. Priceless....❤

1  Thank DItasNY
MTIllinois, Manager at Medieval Times, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

DltasNY,

We are thrilled to hear your family enjoyed their time at Medieval Times as we strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests.

It truly is a place to make such wonderful and unique family memories that will always be remembered.

Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to having you at our castle again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

All I can say is not to use mapquest to get directions! Ok.. they wanted me to go past the entrance, and instead of turning left, they had me do a u-turn on the interstate entrance.
With that being said, we got there early as suggested. Everyone from the door to the floor were in character, and it was amazing.The chancellor was very enchanted with my daughters pinkie pies. We upgraded to the royalty package for $10 more each, I figured go big or go home. We got to take a picture with the king, and because we got there early we had front row seating. There was a dungeon exhibit for an extra $3 per person, and all I can say is who came up with these things? There were torture methods I've never heard of and gladly so! Once we were seated our server was very friendly and efficient. The only negative was that it was very close seating, and getting up to go to the bathroom caused your seatmates some inconvenience. The food was very delicious, and hot. Read some negative reviews but I found the quality good. The only bad thing was there was so much and I felt bad for not getting to eat it all, I hated wasting it. The show was amazing, the knights were very entertaining. The Green Knight gave my daughter a red rose, really made it special. I loved how they interacted with the audience, especially the red knight and black and white knight, they loved taunting us. :) The sword my daughter got stopped working, and we were told to go to the gift shop to get it replaced. We met an overwhelmed saucy wench there, but we handled it well. I would definitely go again. But be prepared to spend some pretty pennies.. definitely not cheap!

1  Thank Sara A

Sara,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Medieval Times as we always strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests each time.

Our sales help to care for and feed 25 of our beautiful Andalusian stallions and all our show horses which are a huge part of our show. We thank you for your support and hope you will visit again soon.