Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
GreenLeadersGold level
Spooner, Wisconsin
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here as the convention we were attending was onsite. We found the hotel very easy to get to, the parking (FREE) was ample, and the customer service was great when we got inside. Even though the hotel and convention center is huge and a little overwhelming when you first get there, it was actually very easy to get around. My only tip is that you have to go upstairs to check in. The signage was not very clear and we walked around downstairs because it makes sense that would be where you check in and the signage was not clear. The rooms were beautiful. I loved the floor to ceiling windows and how fun to have a tv in the mirror. We got in at 11:30 at night so room service was our only option that late after a 6 hour drive. They were out of what I wanted and I am gluten free so I am limited in what I can have so I cancelled my order and when they delivered my moms meal it was on the house and they added a free creme brulee for me and were very apologetic. We certainly appreciated their hospitality and thoughtfullness, it wasn't necessary.

I am planning on coming back for anothe convention next year and probably the same convention I just attended so I will definitely be back and I am happy to be in good hands when travelling.

Also the convention facilities are nice and there were other conventions at the same time and there was more than enough space for everyone!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
usa
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is a reliable, clean, modern hotel. The lobby is large and the bar/lounge area is very nice. The rooms are relatively clean and modern. There is a café with Starbucks in the lobby. There is ample parking outside the hotel, and a taxi stand (that I always see Taxi's in) if you're planning to use a taxi. The only reason I gave this 3.5/4 stars is that it's pricey for a suburban hotel that's just good, not very good or excellent

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Clinton, Iowa
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had excellent customer service from the time we checked in to checkout, the front desk staff was superb. The rooms and the common areas were immaculatly clean. We had one meal (breakfast) and the hote resturant staff there was as good, if not friendlier than the hotel desk staff.

The only problems were with the convention crowd. The first problem was parking, even as a registered hotel guest, parking was not readlly available. We were directed to offsite parking that was not convenient in the least. Can.t be too difficult to reserve lots for hotel guests.

Room Tip: Upper floors, north side, away from bank of 6 elevators.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very clean and spacious hotel. Convenient as right next door to the convention building. Taxi trip from o'Hair is a little expensive as the hotel is not downtown. Rooms are very quiet and there is no street noise.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 October 2013

To say that this hotel is GORGEOUS is an understatement, it is dazzling to the eyes. The staff had misplaced my reservation, but eventually found it. The staff was very helpful and top notch,
even though there were two conventions going on at the time I was there. The room was fabulous, even had a TV installed in the glass mirror. The bathroom mirror was actually a defogged version, meaning that it doesn't fog up when taking a shower. There is a steak restaurant on premises, I heard it was wonderful, however, I did not eat there. The bar had a really good burger and they have their own special hummus dip that is a wonderful recipe. There is a shuttle to take you to the local mall, otherwise you can drive to the shopping and a wonderful assortment of restaurants in the area of all price ranges.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 154, the scenery was the roof, but I didn't care, was barely in room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Grandville, Michigan
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This was my first time to a Renaissance hotel and my wife and I were both very very impressed. This facility was very beautiful and clean. The entrance is very grand with the dual staircase, beautiful lounge, fitness center, pool etc.

The staff was very professional and provided EXCELLENT customer service. I mentioned that we would be dining in the area for the evening and I was immediately asked if they could make reservations for us. Can you get better than that?!

The complimentary shuttle for a 3 mile radius was a very fun way to spend the night too. Just icing on the cake. I'd recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I love this hotel. It's beautifully decorated throughout the lobby and the in the room.

As an elite member, I got upgraded to a suite, and it's spacious, clean and very comfortable.

We also ate breakfast at the restaurant. The hot breakfast buffet included made to order omelet. Plenty of other choices too. Very delicious. Forgot the price, but I think it was $14 or less, and the kids were free.

The pool was good too. However the hot pool didn't work.

We'll definitely stay there the next time we are in Schaumburg or even Chicago.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family