“Excellent and above expectation”

Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Round Rock, Texas
“Excellent and above expectation”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

As Platinum Elite Marriott customer I frequent hundreds of Marriott properties. This is among the best. The architecture in the lobby is wonderful. My room was beyond clean and comfortable. The bathroom time is so clean you can see yourself in it. I love the fountains our front and the looping path around the ponds. Made for a great late evening walk. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I visited the concierge lounge any times and it is among the best. The coffee was always fresh and breakfast was different every day. From crepes to the fresh berries it was all so delicious. Cudos to you Marriott for a wonderful experience.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RJMJR32

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

The main entrance directs you to walk through and be consumed by fantastic floral aromas in an isolated foyer. The room I had was very nice. The bathroom had an "in mirror" television and heater to eliminate fogging. Lots of nice touches. All of the public areas were impeccable.
One shortcoming I noticed, my room faced the highway and the window needed some sound dampening. One morning, at 3:15AM, I heard construction crews that were a quarter of a mile down the road.
Also, the sliding bathroom pocket door was very heavy. I accidentally smashed the tip of one of my fingers. It's probably a design I'd be nervous about if my kids were traveling with me.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Beautiful hotel, and an amazing place. This was my first time to ever stay here, and I was impressed. The front desk was so amazing, and wanted to make sure I knew what was around. But I have been to Schaumburg many times and knew the area. I got to my room and had a huge window and it was so nice and open. I loved the hidden fridge as well and the Aveda products. The maids we on top of their jobs and always made sure I was taken care of my whole stay. This is an awesome place to stay, I just hate when hotels charge for internet, when cheap hotels give it free! LOL But other than that it was great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here for the Stitches Conference, and found it up to it's usual quality, with a few unfortunate exceptions. The first problem happened when we got into bed on the first night, and found the sheet didn't fit. By not fitting, it was placed on top of the bed, and at the foot of the bed, they'd wrapped it around the mattress cover. By the next morning, there were large wrinkles all over the bottom sheet, and you could see about a foot of the mattress all around the bed. Definitely, not a good start to our stay. They said that the sheet had shrunk due to washing in hot water. My parents had always washed their sheets in hot water, and they'd never shrunk that much! Fortunately, the maid used proper sized sheets the next two nights.

The next problem came the evening of the second day when I spotted Metamucil grunge still on my drink glass from the night before, but the rim was clean. I said, it's true, maids just wipe the rim of the glasses with their cleaning rags. So out came our travel glasses.

Still no free breakfast and no free Wifi in the rooms. Silver Elite members should get breakfast coupons. We could get WiFi in the lobby, but the few times I tried it was SLOW. Free in room WiFi should be standard, after all every place we stayed this year had free in room WiFi except for the Renaissance properties. If Fairfield Hotels offer in room WiFi, why won't Renaissance? With such slow WiFI, I wonder if it's been wired for heavy use like the Fairfield has.

After those problems, everything went great! They gave us an extra 30 minutes for free on our late checkout. (Checkout till 1 PM was $30, and checkout till 2 would have been $50.) I had booked two rooms, and it pleased me that they put us in adjoining rooms again this year. We had a nice pull out table that we could eat breakfast on each day. Dominicks Grocery closed, but Panera bread is still a short drive away. We loved the free parking, and we found the bellhop efficient in spite of the delay. On days when big conferences are checking into the hotel, you need more bellhops. We noticed one of their carts down the hallway from us, and there it remained for a few days.

The lobby is a beautiful open area with a fountain near the registration desk. They had decorated this area with a yarn ball motif. The grounds were beautiful with all the flowering plants and fountains out front. I don't remember the waterfall coming off the building this year.

We like how we can walk from the hotel area is conveniently attached to the conference area by a long hallway. You can either approach the conference area on level 1 by the long hallway past the ballrooms, or a long hallway from the Lobby level. There are a lot of meeting rooms, some above the ballrooms, and also a bunch around the big open area where they have the market. There are two escalators that will provide easy access to both areas in the conference area.

They did a good job applying our gift cards to our room.

Room Tip: Ask for near the elevator, or you may have a very long walk. There is no way to approach the confer...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff W, Manager at Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Martha, Thank you for your use of trip advisor as it is a great tool to understand issues in our hotel from a guest viewpoint. I am glad to hear you are a returning guest with the stitches conference as we truly enjoy your group yearly. I do apologize for the incidents you experienced in your guest room on the first few days of your stay, we have adresses the issues you explained to us and we look forward to seeing you again next August. As for the free breakfast and internet the company has standards on these amenities as for when they are free. The current status is that Gold and platinum members do recieve the items complimentry with thir stay. A gold level is 50 or more nights a year with a marriott property.
Delmar, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had to stay in the area for a family event and was not expecting much as the hotels really cater to the business traveller. It was great for a relaxing weekend and the hotel is beautifully designed, has nice restaurants and a Starbucks, and is very clean. I was happy that I chose this hotel over the few others in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is the fourth time I've stayed at this hotel for a conference. The service here is excellent, staff are friendly and go out of their way to make sure guests are comfortable and have everything they need. Food at the restaurant and bar is good and they have fun cocktails and a nice wine selection. The conference center is nicely decorated and easy to navigate. Restrooms were clean but get points taken off b/c there are no door hooks in the women's restrooms stalls to hang bags and purses-annoying and inconvenient. I stayed in a corner room that was bright, clean and very comfortable. Lots of fluffy white towels and Aveda products in the bath. The only thing that keeps me from giving the hotel an excellent rating is that some furnishings in the common areas need to be replaced, particularly the furniture in the lobby lounge areas. Some chairs and sofas are worn and soiled and starting to look a little shabby. That said, the lobby lounge areas are spectacular-some are bright and art-filled, others are cozier, and there is a central fireplace with seating around it that is a fun place to sip a drink. Cabs readily available for 30 minute ride to airport, free hotel shuttle to nearby mall. Ikea is just across the interstate. Recommend this hotel and look forward to being there again for the conference next August.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

If they had Bravo and NFL Network on the tv lineup - it would have been a perfect trip !

From check in to check out it was seamless. I was there for the Stitches Midwest show (knitting, crochet, weaving, yarn).

The room was beautiful - king bed with tons of pillows! Great view.
Tv in the bathroom ;). Aveda products. A lovely lounge chair.

The staff was wonderful. Very friendly and professional. Rooms and hallways very clean and neat.

The only hitch was the line at the Winter Garden cafe (only one line for Starbucks and for sundries - so you waited in line for a latte or for gum.). And the food for the catered dinner friday night was ok but not great.

Computers in the lobby. The Stitches crew even had a pj party in the lobby!

Easy access to the mall. Free parking. Lots of small nooks and crannies to sit and knit!

Stayed August 2014