“Meat Coma”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 359 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Price range: US$31 - US$65
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Texas de Brazil is no ordinary steakhouse. It’s a dining experience like no other. Here, traditions of Brazilian cooking blend with Texas hospitality to create a lively atmosphere in an upscale setting. Your meal begins with a visit to our extravagant salad area where you can indulge in a wide array of seasonal roasted vegetables, fresh artisan breads, charcuterie, imported cheeses and other specialties. Then enjoy the rodizio-style dining that has made us famous. An endless parade of gaucho servers visits your table with skewers of freshly grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage carved directly onto your plate. It’s all served with authentic side dishes of garlic mashed potatoes, Brazilian cheese bread and sweet fried bananas. To complement your meal, select from our award-winning collection of wines or traditional Brazilian bar creations. And don’t forget to treat yourself to one of our decadent à la carte desserts.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Go hungry and want meat. The salad bar is one of the best ever. Its worth the price. We go usually when it opens ( for dinner) it can get crowded but that tells you something. Take your time and pace yourself.

1  Thank vinsmomdlp

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went here with friends because we were looking for a good steak. Having been to a similar chain on the east coast, I knew exactly what to expect. This restaurant is awesome, but you must be hungry when you get there! Our waitress was friendly and attentive, the food was constant, and the salad bar was fresh. No complaints at all.

1  Thank tomrudz
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had never been to this restaurant before but it is one of my husband's favorite places to go. We went for his birthday dinner and it was $45.99 a person. You get an all-you-can-eat salad bar and meat...LOTS of meat! I enjoyed the salad bar (smoked salmon, lobster bisque soup, salad, different types of salami, veggies, etc,.) but the meat got to be a little too much. However, that is the reason one goes to this place. I wish I would have starved myself for two days before we went. It was A LOT of food. Servers come up to you as you eat with a variety of different meats (pork tenderloin, various steaks, fillets, lamb, italian sausage) and you get a side of garlic mashed potatoes and fried bananas. I hate to say it but the fried bananas were my favorite (maybe it is because I am currently pregnant.....but I guess that is no excuse to have 3 platters of the bananas all to myself!) We ended with a creme brulee that was ok (it didn't have fruit with it like we are used to) and my husband chose a papaya ice cream that tasted like a Bath and Body Works lotion! (the only negative of the evening) The waiter was awesome! Very attentive. Overall it was a pleasant dining experience. Very loud--if you are looking for a quiet romantic meal this is not the place to go.

3  Thank cloverleaf2
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Bring your appetite for the great selections of meat and the 50+ item salad bar! Warning there are no free refills on soft drinks. A great experience, be prepared to spend some money but, it is money well spent!

1  Thank Dunnym71
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Meat was excellent. Filet was fantastic. Garlic steak was outstanding. All cuts of meats were superb. I thought the salad bar was pretty good, but not great. Was a little surprised. Thought the selection would be a little better. But let's face it, most people are there for the meat! We went for the brunch special. $36.99, which includes a soft drink, and a dessert. Nice to splurge every once in a while. We left full, and happy.

1  Thank steelchess77