“Will be my new suburb hotel!”

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Washington, Illinois
“Will be my new suburb hotel!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We had a great experience from the moment we walked in the door! Excellent service, the most comfortable hotel beds ever, an amazing pool area, friendly staff...the list goes on!!! We went just for an overnight road trip....we will definately go back! Great rates! Again I can not say enough good things!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Whether on a road trip or a weekend getaway we look forward to your next visit. We appreciate your feedback and great comments on the hotel and staff. Our associates are the most valuable asset we have. They are genuine in all that they do. Travel safe and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I don't understand the low rating for this Marriott. I have stayed twice, last September and this past week. While I didn't pay for my room - business conference- I found it to be amenable in every way. The front desk staff made sure I had a no cost refrigerator and microwave in my room. The pool was clean and perfect for exercise. The work out room was small but well kept. The location can't be beat. Our conference had very good food. It was quiet, clean and the housekeeping staff was gracious.

• Stayed September 2013
On behalf of all of us at the hotel we would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. I our goal is to make every experience a wonderful one. We understand that travel can be difficult at times but strive to make this home away from home. We look forward to your next visit when in the area.
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here one night and checked in at 11 PM and left first thing in the morning. The hotel had a nice nightlife and was in a good location. The rooms were small, but clean. The bed was more comfortable than the Westin's Heavenly bed.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. I see that you travel quite a bit and have experienced other brands as well. We believe that the Marriott bed is better that the rest. We appreciate your short visit and look forward to your next visit when in the Schaumburg area. Hopefully you can stay a little longer to enjoy all that we have to offer.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here one night, while on a shopping trip to nearby Woodfield Mall. Marriotts are all pretty standard - our room was bright and comfortable, the lobby sparkled and the restaurant was fine. But we were overwhelmed by the staff. Everyone was warmly welcoming and accommodating, from the folks at the front desk, to the engineer who restored our WiFi in minutes, to the charming and motherly cook who painstakingly prepared our omelets to order. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side. The east side faces I-290, and is noisier.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the staff and your review of the hotel. I hope you enjoyed your time at Woodfield, and look forward to your next visit.
Washington DC
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed here last week for an overnight business trip. As Marriots go, I would say this is a solid hotel.

Location: Although I stayed put in my room, there is a huge town center close by with alot of food choices. Fairly fair from O'Hare but not too far from appointment I had in Itasca.

--Check in: Great, friendly staff, but lobby was very, very hot. Not fun for someone who was coming in from a long day. Turn up the air conditioning!

----Lobby: Looked a bit small, but pleasant enough. Again, way, way too hot.

---Elevators: fine

---Room: Perfect. Two queens. Nice and neat.

Desk: Plenty of workspace and outlets for computer and gadgets.

Bathroom: Great. Clean and spacious enough for me.

Food: Used Room service for dinner and food was delicious. However the next morning I called in and was placed on hold forever. Hung up and called back. Lady who took my order was very pleasant. Breakfast delicous

Room Service: see above

HVAC: Air conditioining worked like a charm. Perfect. Room cooled off quickly

TV: Nice big flat screen

Housekeeping: Not there long enough to experience.

Technology: No problems at all with wifi. Seamless and easy

Bed: extremely comfortable and well appointed

Amenities: All there. Soap Shampoo. Nothing out of the ordinary

Cost: bit expensive

Business Traveler:. Perfect for a biz person.

Final thoughts: With the exception of the hot lobby, I was very pleased. Nothing major stood out, but nothing major went wrong. 7.5/10 for the stay.

Also, make sure you put signs in the hallways directing people to the elevators. If they were there, I missed them. Someone in housekeeping had to point the way for me.

Stayed July 201

Room Tip: Go near the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank drjmr2000_8
I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the staff and cleanliness. During your visit we had abnormally warm and humid weather and with the traffic in the lobby it was very hard to keep cool. As from your comments the rooms are cool and temperature was pleasant. We appreciate your business and comments and look forward to your next visit to the area.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards member. I love staying at Marriott properties. I will not stay here again.

I stayed on the Lobby Level of this property and the hallways had an odor similar to that of a damp basement. Looking up at the vents, they looked as if they had not been cleaned in YEARS. However, hallway smells aside, the room itself was odor free. The vent above the shower, however, was similarly covered in dust.

Most disappointing to me, however, was the food. The breakfast buffet had no egg station and two empty hot plates where I don;t know what kind of food should have been. The oatmeal ladle was left to sit outside the pot covered in cold remnants of the oats that had to been cleaned off if I wanted to serve myself. The numerous wait staff never even tried to clean it off. Nor re-stock the empty hot plates.
The following evening, i had no choice but to eat at the restaurant again. The friendly front desk staff suggested I order from the local Taxi Takeout Service - however she didn't realize they stopped serving at 9pm and it was currently 10 o'clock. I ordered the scallops at the bar. Took one bite, tried adding a bunch of salt and pepper to make it palatable, and decided it wasn't worth it. Luckily, the bartender Thomas brought be a bowl of (not terrible) "chicken" soup. Chicken in quotation marks because there were only vegetables.

I would strongly recommend the Renaissance on Bryn Mawr avenue near O'Hare if you can manage. That is a far superior property with much tastier food!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I would like to apologize to you for your recent experience with our hotel. I have spoke to our chef and shared your comments. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss your issues in more detail. I have also spoken to our engineering team regarding your other comment. I hope that you give us another opportunity the next time you are in the area so we can show you what we are truly like, as your experience was not the norm.
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 12 August 2013

nice location, good service. it was an overnight stay with full family. we were 4 elders with one infant n a 5 yr old. the rooms had adjoining door so it was like a suite where i can go in n out from my parents room. gud kingsize bed n they provided the crib for baby on request. The best part was their service n prompt response to our request. as i was travelling with an infant , had to keep lots of stuff in the fridge. after checking in the hotel realized they didn't have any fridge in the room. called them to chk abt it n they immediately sent one . very happy service overall. would visit again .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our staff during your recent stay. Our associates are the most valuable asset we have, and they are genuine in all that they due. I hope you and your family enjoyed your time together. We look forward to your next visit when in the Schaumburg area.