“Very average Marriott hotel”

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Chicago, Illinois
“Very average Marriott hotel”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip. It's an average Marriott property - with typical Marriott rooms. The executive lounge, though very small, was staffed by a woman with outstanding customer service skills and the food offerings - in both the evening and morning - were adequate.

My initial room was on the 14th floor, so it was high, but was overlooking the expressway - and was very, very noisy. When I asked to be moved, they were very accommodating and told me that they are very aware of the noise issues in those rooms - and are looking at possible solutions, perhaps a different type of window.

I was a bit concerned about staying at this hotel after reading about it on Tripadvisor, but if you are in Schaumburg - and prefer Marriott properties - the hotel is fine.

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet room, ask for a room that does not overlook the expressway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SeeingTheWordFromORD
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. The ladies in the concierge lounge are amazing people. They treat our guest as if they were guest at their own home. We are working on address the noise issue from the expressway and always use guest feedback on ways to improve. We have a great team of associates who genuinely have a passion for what they do. We look forward to your next visit when in the Schaumburg area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is booked for me for business so I can't tell you the value. I think they get a good deal. As It is the hotel we use often. I've stayed at least four times. The hotel restaurant is nice, the rooms are clean, and the parking is free. All good things but the best part is the staff from the shuttle driver to the waiters to the front desk staff. All wonderful!!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel. The staff is always engaging and they are the most valued asset any organization can have. I have shared your comments with the staff and we very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel.We look forward to your next visit.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I wasn't expecting much from this hotel due to it's rather unexciting location, but the staff, including the woman who helped me at the front desk, and the extremely accommodating van/shuttle driver, were extremely friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and seemed updated.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I have shared your great comments regarding the hotel staff services along with the cleanliness of the hotel. We look forward to your next visit when in the Schaumburg area.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Amazing breakfast spread, best way to start the day especially when you are away from home. The total ambiance was good. I got the preferred bedding request. My only negative is that they offered a free upgrade to some guests in our party and held back on others. Left with a bad taste in the mouth, but the breakfast made up for some of it.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Breakfast is truly the best way to start your day. Our culinary team takes great pride, have a passion for their work and treat every one of our guest as if they are hosting them at their home. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the hotel. As for the upgrade we try to upgrade our guest based on our availability. Please let us know the next time you visit us and we will do everything we can to get you and upgrade if it is available.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel is very nice and super clean. The check-in was quick and the staff member at the front desk was extremly professional...so nice to see. I wish I would have remembered his name. The room was nicely decorated and the bed was super comfortable. Very quiet hotel. I would definintely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments and perfect rating in all areas of the hotel. I am very proud of our team, as they are the most valuable asset to the hotel. The genuine care they show as hosts is what makes our jobs that much better. We look forward to your next visit.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed for a business trip but was able to mix it up being close to shopping and not too far from downtown Chicago for some sightseeing. Very clean and modern and staff was very courteous and helpful. Room service fast and food was high quality. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
On behalf of the entire team we would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the hotel and staff. Our staff is genuinely passionate about their duties and it shows in the service they provide. I am glad you were able to take some time to enjoy the local area while here on business. The hotel’s location is ideal, and is close to several of the local attractions. We look forward to your next visit.
Milford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Pros: clean, well maintained, good room service, good breakfast, friendly staff.

Cons: older property with small (but clean!) bathrooms, have to pay $9.95/day for in room Internet access, intermittent Internet access (impossible to do any productive work via VPN to home office - very frustrating!).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your great comments on cleanliness and service. We are currently in the process of upgrading our internet for guest such as you. We have listened to our guest comments and feedback and the upgrade should be completed by the end of November. We all hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you during your next visit to the Schaumburg area.