“Consistent quality in the range offered”

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Bristol
“Consistent quality in the range offered”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

A guest here for some ten years, this Marriott has provided quality service over this time. We have seen a number of a number of improvements and some refurbishment but the consistent feature is friendly staff and service.

Breakfast buffet changes at the weekend to a slightly simpler offering but the variety on weekdays with eggs chef present continues to provide wide choice.

Housekeeping and service to bedrooms we have always found good. Weekends sometimes lead to later bedroom servicing. Plenty of parking space. Pleasant indoor and outdoor pools. Meeting rooms are available. Function suite is large.

In both the bar, efficiently serviced, and breakfast room friendliness of staff is my observation over years. Some staff have been there for years.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
richard H, Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Greetings again, DavidFBristol,
As a loyal, long term guest and Top Contributor, we read you comments with a great deal of interest. Thank you for the strong 4-Star Review!
Your numerous compliments on service, food , housekeeping, recreation and functions will inspire our team to stay on their succesful path.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Long Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Another hotel in the area had not kept my reservation so I had to make a last minute change. They had a suite available for a Sunday night and it was cheaper than the regular guest room at the other hotel. I checked in late (after 11PM) and there were still 2 people at the check-in counter. I asked to leave a cake with them in their kitchen since it was probably too small for our room fridge. Although it is not their standard policy, they took it to their kitchen. They took my name and room # and it was fine the next morning when I retrieved it.

The suite was on the 12th floor (1206). There's no 13th floor and the concierge is on their top floor, the 14th. You need to use your keycard in the elevators to get to floors 10-14. The elevators come out at the end of the hall so if you have a room ending in 01, it's all the way at the opposite end of the hall. However, if you want to go to these floors, the stairwell by room 01 can be used since they don't lock any of the floors. The cleaning staff the next day were very respectful of your door signs and cordial as you walked by.

The suite looks out on to I-290 (facing east) so the highway noise can be heard. The rooms stay quite dark despite sunrise on the same side. The king bed was comfortable and the room amenities were standard such as the flat screen tv, desk, table, and sofabed. The bathroom can be accessed directly from the bedroom or near the front door. The shower and bathroom were quite clean and spacious. Based on the room numbers, it basically combines the space of 2 rooms since there is no room 1204 (or was it 1208?).

The concierge lounge was also well-stocked. They had evian water and aquafina. An automatic starbucks grinder and coffee dispenser. There were the standard scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon, but the oatmeal had dried apricot, raisins, cherries, and almonds while the fresh fruit tray had watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, blueberries, and strawberries. The concierge staff there was not overbearing and there was table room to work as well as look out toward the trees and park across the highway.

I went down the stairs to get some exercise but you end up in the employee back room near the meeting rooms. An employee was nice enough to walk me toward the hall way so that I could end up at the lobby. Parking near the front entrance is convenient and there is a restaurant and Starbucks in the lobby. A shuttle van is provided for nearby pickup/dropoff. Overall, it's a place I would definitely recommend for business visits.

Room Tip: Even room numbers face east toward the highway and noise can be heard. Odd room numbers face west.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
richard H, Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Greetings Cuyler3329,
As a Senior Contributor with hundreds of traveler helpful reviews, your 5-Star rating on your recent stay is wonderful. We admire your attention to detail. Most satisfying is how well our team was prepared to help you enjoy the hotel on your terms. Thanks!
Philadelphia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have stayed at this Marriott more times than I can remember. The service remains impeccable. Every single employee is friendly and helpful. Truly the shining point. Rooms are typical Marriott rooms - clean, comfortable although bathrooms are very small and both of our beds could have used new mattresses (or flipped). I have to agree with other reviewers on certain areas needing updating. Lobby and bar area nice, restaurant good, fitness center is great, pool area could use a little updating, but overall always a good experience. Can usually get decent rates on weekends. We are also elite Marriott reward members but never get upgraded to concierge level. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Jenni1220,
Welcome back! For such a loyal customer, your comments are so valuable to us and other travelers. "Shining" service team is what we hear and feel so often mentioned. We are pleased to know that we continue to be your hotel of choice. Thanks for your compliments.
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Eric was really pleasant upon our arrival...the room was nice....king bed with a chair...didn't use the pool or go to the bar....pretty good stay for what we went for. Everyone was pretty courteous and attentive. My iron broke and one was brought right up. No wifi in the room which was a bummer but no big deal. Only 1 door for entry and exit....no side doors...overall it was cool

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
richard H, Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Greetings, Kristie W, It is good to know how cool our place is! This is a fun compliment.
For your special anniversary occasion, we are pleased to know how our attentive service made for more fun time for you. Thanks for your feedback.
Milwaukee, Wi
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here 5 nights for a business meeting that was being held in the hotel. Everything was great. Room was newly updated and kept spotless. Very comfy bed, all new counter tops and furniture, nice flat screen TV, safe that fits a large laptop, nice desk and chair to work. I requested a refrigerator on day 2 and it was promptly delivered, and only $15 for my whole stay. Yes, the bathroom is tiny, but it's an older hotel. Great shower pressure. Staying on the lobby-level floor (not in the tower) was perfect...quick access from the meeting rooms; no need to wait for the elevator. Room service was fast and so reasonably priced...no crazy fees...just the food and tax. Fitness center is well-equipped, although a little warm. Staff seemed to be everywhere in the lobby area, and so friendly! My only disappointment was the continental breakfasts and snacks provided during a 5 day meeting....very inconsistent and not enough healthy choices. No yogurt at breakfast. One day they delivered a plate of donuts at 1:00pm for afternoon snacks. Certainly some of this may fall on the meeting coordinator, not just the hotel staff. Overall, a great location for business, or to take in all the nearby shopping.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Julierickbleu, Thanks for the flattering 4-Star review. For a long business week, we are glad to know how well we carried through meeting your expectations. Your updated room with its amenities and prompt employee responses is what we stive to provide- consistantly.
Thanks again. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We came to stay at the Marriott Schaumburg for a conference, and while my husband was in meetings the incredible staff helped get me what I needed and where I wanted to be!

We really enjoyed the hot tub. For those of you interested there is also an indoor and outdoor pool and one of the best gyms I've seen in a hotel.

When we arrived Habib met us at the front desk with a smile, kindness, and over the top hospitality. He helped us get into our room sooner than we anticipated and stored our luggage for us free of charge.

Rich was one of the best parts of staying here as well. Because we were here for 6 days, it was pretty important that I got out and did some exploring while I was in town. The shuttle service was great and every time Rich was working, I got where I wanted to be, when I wanted to be there. A tip is that you should definitely call down to the front desk ahead of time if you want to guarantee a ride somewhere. On the day we were taking a train into Chicago a huge group of people were checking out. Rich knew this would happen and because I had checked in with him ahead of time, he arranged for a cab to pick us up ON HIM. Now THAT my friends, happens no where.

I am so happy to go home because I love my dear beloved North Carolina, but I can honestly say that I will miss the incredible people here at the Schaumburg Marriott. Rich and Habib and may others who I never came to know the names of made this week great!

Stellar choice for families, events, weddings, vacations, and conferences!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Good Day, Kat P,
Your 5-Star review is great news! We are pleased to see how much you enjoyed the hotel's indoor and outdoor recreation options. The frequent use you made of our neighborhood shuttle service clearly added to your enjoyment. You are an active, resourceful and most appreciative traveler. Thanks for sharing your great story.
slc
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week. The room and bath had been updated and were clean. The staff was very attentive and nice. The rest of the place was just old and dingy. Food was awful. Great location to walk to better food if it was daylight...otherwise an empty office park by a highway. As a marriott member with status I did not get upgraded to concierge level despite learning during my stay that nonmembers had. Needs a huge overhaul.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank utsnow
richard H, Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Loyal Marriott Guest, the clean, updated bath, attentive staff and handy location make for an enjoyable stay. I thank you very much for your comments.