“Average Mariott property”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Average Mariott property”
Reviewed 6 March 2010

The service was transparent, sometimes non existant. When I asked for a luggage trolley, it took almost 30 minutes to get it. It's funny that such a big hotel has only one. The room is regular for Mariotts, with not quite a new furniture. I've requested a kingsize bed, but got two queens, which was disappointing, since to be in the room with two beds, while you need one is not very pleasant. The location is perfect if you want to be near Woodfield mall. I liked the Body and Works products in the bathroom. I don't undrstand the lack of refrigerator in room. The bath was small so I could use it only as a shower. The gym as an average exercize room with no amenities to do any exercizes, but running.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I booked this hotel last minute on priceline for a quick "bachelorette" shopping trip. Our price was unbeatable...$45 - -and the service at the hotel was great. Our room was average, but adequate. It was clean, and large enough to comfortably hold all of our shopping bags. It is the perfect location to Woodfield, IKEA, and everything else that this "neck of the woods" is known for. With great access to O'Hare, I would also recommend it to business travelers. The hot tub could certainly use some love, but the pool itself was fine. Starbucks on site was lovely in the morning. Would certainly recommend it for a bargain in a nice area.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I checked in to this hotel for a 6 night stay, I ended up checking out the next night. I thought the decor was outdated and in OK to Poor condition. The room I was given smelled like moldy laundry and there was a small patch of actual mold on an area of the bathroom wall. The chair had a large white splotch that had been rubbed around and the desk looked like someone was smoking at it since it had burn marks.. I called the front desk to let them know I'd be be checking out early and they didn't bother to ask why so I didn't get in to it.. In any case, I know that $169 isn't much but I do have higher expectations since I stay at Marriott locations all the time. I to the Hyatt Place which isn't much better when it comes to the smell but at least I feel like I am getting the best bang for my buck..

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 2 February 2010

The service and atmosphere was great. I've stayed at other places and nothing beats staying at the Marriott in Schaumburg. The staff acknowledges your stay and go out of their way to make you feel at home. They are friendly and everything is worryless as they are on top of everything. They have great recommendations if you're looking for outside things to do. Oh, and if it's a special event, talk about feeling as if they are part of your celebration. I had all the staff sign a wonderful card and left in our room. I felt as if I knew who these people were. I recommend this location to everyone! Can't wait to go back and getaway at their wonderful place.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed 12 January 2010

We stayed with a large group having a wedding at the hotel. There was a huge group of ill mannered cheerleaders taking over the entire hotel including the pool. I did not see any security at all.
The TV in the bathroom did not work. Complaints made to the hotel were not answered.
This is a huge convention hotel so it depends on the particular group whether this would be suitable.
Big problem with our reservation for brunch and it took an hour to solve it. Food was excellent as was the brunch.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Algonquin, IL
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Very disappointed in my stay at the Schaumburg Marriott.

To start off there were pluming issues in my first room, maintenance was sent up with out my knowledge and wanted entrance to my room when I didn't even know there was a problem. Marriott, if you are sending a maintenance person to a room you should give a courtesy call first.

I arrive to my 2nd room and find that the linens are soiled, the desk area and walls were scuffed up. In addition the sink was filled with hair that was not mine!

Also as a Platinum member I choose full service Marriott's that have a concierge lounge like this one, gives a semi-private place to relax instead of being in the room all night. As this is a weeknight the lounge should be opened it is not. If I knew the lounge was to be closed I would have booked another hotel.

Since the lounge was closed I ordered some appetizers for room service. It consisted of a shrimp cocktail which consisted of tiny warm shrimp and no cocktail sauce, buffalo wings which lacked any flavor and were cold and a fruit and cheese plate with mushy grapes.

The pool area is tired and in dire need of refurbishment.

Marriott I ask you to step up your quality, treat your Elite members with the respect they deserve when staying in your establishments.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Lee's Summit
Reviewed 23 December 2009

The hotel was very nice-desk agents were knowledgeable and informative. The bar area provided very good appetizers. The breakfast area (coffee) was not open when I would have liked--otherwise very nice. The work out area and pool were very nice--needed some repair around the outdoor pool.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo