Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
York, Pennsylvania
“Business Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

I was quite skeptical before I arrived because of the problem I had trying to schedule a shuttle for several people. They were unable to accomodate the time needed. I thought something could have been arranged because I arranged SEVERAL people to stay at the hotel from work for a conference.

After arrival, my opinion changed. Everyone was quite friendly and my room was ready early. The breakfast was quite good and a nice variety from cold cereal to a made to order omelet, which was very good. The staff was super friendly at all times. By mistake, housekeeping threw out my Garrett's Popcorn (which is WONDERFUL!) and the front desk reimbursed me with no trouble.

The manager's reception was good also. It was nice to unwind with fellow colleagues and have a drink before dinner. I also ate at the hotel restaurant and it was good and reasonably priced for a hotel in the Chicago area.

I was in a 2 room suite for 4 nights. My room was clean and quiet. I would prefer a larger bathroom, but it was OK just for me.

I didn't have time to check out the pool and fitness room, but it was available.

I would definitely recommend this establishment for business or leisure.

Room Tip: I think the higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Schaumburg for two nights at a great AAA rate. The room was bigger than a typical hotel room but not as big as some suite-type hotels I have stayed in. I did appreciate that the king bed was separated from the living room with sleeper sofa by an actual door, though the door did have ventilation slats in it. We were able to watch TV in the bedroom while our child fell asleep in the living room. The living room had large windows that closed with a heavy curtain. All rooms look out over the central atrium. We were on the fourth floor above the lobby and the atrium, I would recommend fourth floor or higher as it was a little noisy for my son to fall asleep around 8:30 pm or so on Saturday night.

The room was clean and it seems the bathroom sink area was updated (granite countertop). I appreciated the additional sink and mirror in the bedroom. However I found the hairdryer to be very underpowered (it had only a low setting that gently blew lukewarm air), so if you have long or thick hair I recommend bringing your own toilet paper. There was also a bar area with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The living room had a table with 3 chairs. The room also had two flat screen TVs (one in bedroom, one in livingroom). The remote controls were hard to use, there was even a sign warning that the the stations would take time to tune in. We also had a roll of toilet paper run out that was not replaced when our room was made up. It was easy enought to fix with a quick stop at the front desk on our wasy past.

Breakfast was good, with omelets made to order on a flat-top (so not fluffy omlets, but tasty enough). They did vary the hot selections on the two days we were there. One day was waffles, one day pancakes, one day fried potato cubes, one day pre-formed hash browns, etc.

The hotel is very convienently located near the Woodfield Mall, Streets of Woodfield, IKEA, etc. and was also close to IL-53, I-90 and I-290 (though be warned the sign on the road that gets you to all three only says IL-53 and you need to know what direction you are going - East or West).

Room Tip: Higher floors should have less noise from the atrium.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Mistizoom
Niles, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed 1 night in two rooms we checked in about 12:30 p.m., the front desk got us checked in and had us in our rooms in good time!

The staff is quite friendly and competent, the manager's reception and breakfast were great.

This is a family friendly and a quality place to stay if you are going to the mall or Arlington Park racetrack!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jilek5niles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

as noted by another reviewer, this is an older embassy suites hotel and the rooms are not as opulent as others . Still however, experience was very good and the service and the quality of the breakfast was very good. I would stay here on any other future trips to the area.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank DaveA65
illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Wedding aniv. They gave us free chocolate strawberrys and champ. This was in our room when we got back to the hotel. Nice touch. Would most definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: I have always liked the higher floors. this is just me.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I've stayed at this particular Embassy Suites hotel a number of times for conferences. I enjoyed my stay enough that I brought my family back a few times as well.

The hotel is easy to find and there is plenty of free parking. It's also very close to a Costco, a Morton's Steakhouse (yum) and the Schaumburg IKEA, not to mention just a short distance from Woodfield Mall, one of the biggest malls in the U.S. and Medieval Times. There are so many dining and shopping options within a mile of the hotel that it is truly hard to choose when you're hungry!

Check in has always been easy. Occasionally the Embassy Suites Brand will have children gifts on check-in/out that you can purchase. I have bought many Build-A-Bear outfits (bathtime stuff/nighttime stuff) from them for a reduced amount for my grandkids when they've been with me. They think that is fabulous!

The staff is always helpful and willing to oblige. The hotel itself is a few stories and has a huge courtyard/atrium. Every time I have stayed, no matter what the reason, there have been events going on in this area - mostly wedding receptions and the like.

Off to the sides of the ground floor of the courtyard are the hotel bar/restaurant, the swimming pool and exercise area as well as rooms. The hotel bar has a happy hour every day and the manager has attended every time I've gone. Nice to have a couple of drinks and some hors d'ouevres on them.

The swimming pool also has a sauna and jaccuzi, which are all kept very clean, although the floor in the pool area can be slippery. My grandson was going too fast and fell. A lot of drama, but no real injury other than a bump on the head. Just a note of caution for anyone going to the pool area with small ones.

The great part of an Embassy hotel is the living room and bedroom separation. The kids slept on the pull out couch while we took the bed. The door can be closed and there are TVs in both rooms so everyone can enjoy what they want to see. The small kitchenette was nice to have and we kept soda and other snacks in there.

The other great part of the Embassy chain is the free breakfast!! Lots of choices to please everyone, including the made to order omelets. That saves so much money for a family that I don't mind paying a bit extra for the room. No need to get up, get ready and leave the hotel to go somewhere else at the start of the day and perhaps have to wait in line to get a seat. This breakfast is up and running and it just makes the day start smoother.

Really enjoy staying at this location with its proximity to the local shopping and attractions. I look forward to going back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mkhmn
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Spent two nights at the Embassy Suites in Schaumburg late in March. I've frequented many Embassy hotels on both business and family travels. I love the chain, but this particular hotel was not up to Embassy standards. It's obviously old, it feels old and the rooms are small in comparison to similar hotels. The pool and workout area are nice, but also seem small. Service was fine but nothing to write home about.

On a positive note, breakfast is top notch and the shuttle to local attractions is a nice feature. The location is great if you intend to visit local attractions.

There are many nice hotels in this area. I'm sure they offer better value as well. This is an Embassy that shouldn't be charging Embassy prices.

• Stayed March 2012