“Not enough employees for a busy week-end”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
“Not enough employees for a busy week-end”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is old school ES. The employees were nice enough but the hotel was packed for the week-end and there did not seem to be enough of them. We saw the same employees working in the restaurant until 10 p.m., and then working again at 7:00 a.m. The hotel seemed to be out of everything. Upon check-in they were out of bottled water, but they did deliver some later. In the restaurant they did not have the wine we selected and some menu items were unavailable. We went down to breakfast at 9:30 a.m., and a lot of the food items were already gone. The coffee needed refilling, which was done promptly, but it tasted awful, very watered down. Every ice machine in the hotel was broken, so we had to finally go to the bar to get. The suite was large and clean, but very dated and worn. The sofa had holes in the cushions. I would stay here again, but it won't be my first choice. The Internet worked very well.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Excellent value - breakfast, manager's reception each night, typical ES rooms.

Although overdue for room (especially bathroom) upgrades, the service really shines and makes the experience worth 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Coal Valley, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2013

If you are looking for a 5 Star hotel on a budget this one is for you!! They offer a Manager's Reception and a made to order breakfast.. The Suites for VERY nice and roomy!! The staff is very friendly and helpful.. You can't go wrong staying here!!! A VERY VERY nice Hotel!!! Will be staying there again!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I've come to expect greatness with every Embassy Suites booking and they lived up to my expectations once again. I highly recommend Embassy for a great value, comfortable stay, and very helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank ekeener1
LITTLE ELM, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Staff was extremely friendly, and the hotel comfortable. I would recommend this hotel for long-term stays. With a long term stay, they can early check you in, assist with your luggage, and they seem to genuinely care about your stay. I was in Illinois for 7 weeks, and had to re-locate multiple times based on the county I was working in. My stay at the Embassy was comparable or exceeded all of the other hotels I was housed at throughout my experience in Illinois.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Sabrina S
Chicago Suburbia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here while my hubby had a conference at another hotel. Decent pool always clean and towels ready. Hot tub too. Wood field is right around the corner so we did legoland and Gameworks during the day. Great little getaway! Rooms are dated but clean. Love having the extra space ( 2nd tv, pullout couch, chair and table w chairs). Very comfy for our family of 5

• Stayed July 2013
Washington, DC
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Excluing check-in, all other experiences at this hotel were excellent. I especially appreciated the wait staff at breakfast, and how there was a "server" asking how things were going. I needed extra towels and were presented with them expeditiously. The check-in staff waited abut 5 minutes to even greet me, after seeing me standing there, and inquired about the Honors Program to another guest but not to me. I suggest they receive training in not judging a book by its cover. I am a member chief of staff for a U.S. Senator, but I don't look like it. I am also often asked my opinion concerning travel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Travellers are raving about these Schaumburg hotels