“Very dated. Otherwise fine.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed two nights in a king suite on business. Everything functioned properly; however the decor and furniture in the rooms is extremely dated. I would probably not stay here again for this reason. Another issue I had was with the wifi connection. It was complimentary but the signal strength was very poor. Overall the staff were friendly and customer oriented. The complimentary wine during happy hour was quite good. The restaurant staff were friendly and I enjoyed my meal there.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The interior of this hotel is just beautiful. Once you walk past the check in area, it opens up to an atrium-type space that has wonderful natural light, plants, fountain, beautiful tile, etc. It appears that all of the rooms face in on this open area and the hotel room doors are similar to french doors - glass instead of the traditional hotel door. It has a great feel to it. Unfortunately, that great feeling didn't transfer into the room. We traveled with our daughter and her friend, so the plan was for them to have the living room area. But the roll out sofa was very close to the door (about a foot or 2) and so there was noise throughout the night. We also were unable to locate the light switch for that area until the next morning - it was hidden behind curtains. Ok, so that was probably our fault for not looking more closely! The sofa bed was very uncomfortable, even for the kids. Separating door between the living room and bed wouldn't close. Bathroom door lock was broken and there were just lots of noises. We truly are not the type to complain, but the room really needed some attention and I'm surprised that so many things in the room were either not working properly or just not laid out well. This hotel has a hot breakfast which was pretty decent. My husband had an omelet and said it was very good. They had some items such as sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs as well as cold items such as cereals, muffins, fruit, etc. On a high note, I do feel that we got a good deal on the room considering the location. But we would look for someplace different the next time around.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My girls loved their stay here for Spring Break. I could not drive , therefore we depended on the shuttle here to get us to and from the shopping areas and around to the happenings.....which they did in a timely manner. The hotel was quiet, and the staff was polite and awesome. Our second time here and we will probably re-visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am loyal to Hilton properties. I enjoy Enbassy Suites and while this isn't the best one I've seen, it's a good choice and I would stay there again. I wish the restaurant menu were more diverse but the food was pretty good. It's always nice to have the space with 2 rooms and if I need to be back in the area, I'm happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is what is it, an embassy suites in Schaumburg on the corner of two busy roads. With that being said we love it and bring our kids at least twice a year. They are really kid friendly with free happy hour and breakfast and nice pool. All for $99. Would I spend a romantic night with my wife here.? No!! I'd go 20 miles to the city. Great hotel!!!!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had 12 of us attend a youth conference, and their 6 person suites worked out perfectly. From the reservation people to the front desk staff to the breakfast crew, all the staff made sure our stay was excellent! Rooms were very clean, spacious, and very comfortable. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We chose to stay outside of Chicago because my boys wanted to go to LEGO Discovery Center. Everything was wonderful. The staff was great, the complimentary evening reception and breakfast were some of the best we have ever experienced. It was also just a short drive to the Palatine Metra station that we took to get into Chicago for the day. Overall it was a wonderful trip and definitely a place I would stay at again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Travellers also viewed these Schaumburg hotels
Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg
Comfort Suites Schaumburg
Comfort Suites Schaumburg
#19 of 29 in Schaumburg

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield? Share your experiences!