Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe manager's receptionmade to order breakfastliving roomcomplimentary breakfasthappy houromeletfree drinkswoodfield mallfrench toastconvention centeroatmealschaumburg areachicagosinkilconferenceikea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in anywhere in the world. You can trust me because I retired from the military and I am currently in the Foriegn Service for the State Department. Everything about my stay was great from the internet speed, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, the quality of the restaurant, a nice lounge bar area, and a good gym facility.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
DOSESS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thanks Luke! Thank you for taking time out of your day to write and share your experience. We try very hard to make each guest's visit perfect for them. I have shared your comments with our entire staff. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here as the halfway point on a long moving trip.

I stayed here a very long time ago, for a high school music trip. I remember really loving the layout and the courtyard of the hotel. Although the hotel doesn't look too much different than from what I remembered (Multiple users have stated that this hotel could use a re-model, although I don't think it's quite in desperate need of an overhaul) it looks great. Especially the courtyard, which makes a great centerpiece for the hotel.

The stay was equally as nice as the aesthetics of the hotel. The room was large, and very comfortable. There was no noise from the other guests, and I was quite comfortable for my stay.

The breakfast that morning was excellent, and free. There was lots of hot food, including an omelet station, and it was far better than your typical hotel breakfast.

My only complaints where that the pool was a little small, and that there was a charge for Wi-Fi. However, these are minor gripes in an otherwise excellent stay. If you plan on going to Chicago or the area, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Especially if you have a large group.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RJ K
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Booked this hotel based on area we needed to be in and price; a little disappointed at the outdated look and feel of hotel; needs a major renovation; however, staff were very helpful; nice that there were two rooms for sleeping; I took the bedroom and my son said the sofa bed was fairly comfortable; however, my tv didn't work properly; breakfast excellent; night reception wasn't much; overall, fairly good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Judy F
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Took the kids to Embaassy Suites Schaumburg.Only blocks away from from Golf street stores. Very clean hotel, and helpful & courteous staff. Afternoon reception was very good. The sangria was very tasty & potent. Kids enjoyed the pool & hotub.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank G5782DBjohnw
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I give it 3 stars only because of what you get for $186 a night. It's a nice Embassy Suites, don't get me wrong...all the good Embassy Suites things are there (free breakfast, dinner vouchers, excellent dinner staff, excellent bedrooms). That being said, I expect the following 3 things to be better than $186 a night: 1. A less than stellar fitness center (small rectangular room added as an afterthought to the pool); 2. NO COFFEE TABLE in the living room (what? A couch and no coffee table...hmmm); and 3. One outlet in the living room, and that was behind the couch (what a weird layout). If I was staying at a Comfort Inn, I could live with all of that...but for what I was paying per night, I don't think I would come back to this location in it's present configuration. That's a shame, because I really did like the whole 'Spanish villa' look. I hope someone at Embassy Suites takes note of my experience. Good luck to you, fellow travelers!

Room Tip: Ask if your room has a coffee table !!! I wish I would've, mine didn't, and I definitely would've gone somewhere else. It's amazing how much you miss something as simple as a coffee table, until it happens...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business