First of all, this hotel is in the perfect location, I will give it that. It is very close to Woodfield Mall. Check in was pretty quick and everyone was nice. The rooms are all suites with microwaves and fridges. Perfect for traveling with a child. We also did express check out in the morning. Very handy. That is where the good ends. The bad is that his hotel is VERY, VERY dated. It could be beautiful with a little hard work. Our wardrobe had a knob off on one side and I cut my finger on it. The TV's SUCK. It takes at least 3 seconds to go between channels on the remote and it is very fuzzy. The noisy is that they had a wedding reception that night we stayed. When you walk in the hotel here, after check in was a huge open area that had a bar. The rooms were around the sides so they all faced the open area (except for a couple down the hall). They had the reception in that area so if you wanted rest that night...forget it. It was over by nine but after traveling all day we wanted to just veg that evening but couldn't due to the noise. Don't most hotels have ballrooms for that that are away from the rooms? I was not a happy girl that night and neither was my very tired 6 year old. The filthy was the carpet. It was GROSS. My little one wanted to take off his shoes and socks but I mad him leave his socks on and they were black. I wore my flip flops the whole time I walked around in the room. It was the nastiest hotel carpet I have ever seen and I have stayed at quite a few hotels. I took photos, it was gross. All in all, I will probably never come back to this hotel. At least until they remodel, change the carpet and realize that it is rude to have a loud wedding reception in front of your guests doorways!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our impressive all-suite hotel in Schaumburg offers value added amenities that will save you big; welcome to the Embassy Suites Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield. We're located just 9 miles from the Chicago O'Hare (ORD) airport, and just minutes from the infamous Woodfield Mall. We offer complimentary local area transportation to nearby business and attractions, within a 4 mile radius. Hotel guests can enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily, and our complimentary evening reception. All of our 2-room suites come equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and WiFi. Groups and meetings can take advantage of our 8,000 sq/ft of flexible event space, perfect for weddings and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Agoda, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago
- Schaumburg Embassy Suites