“Loved it! Sure to be back!”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for both business and to visit friends as well. May I say that this particular property is worth every penny of what I paid. The room is spotless and I love the curved shower rod and the bed is spectacular ( slept like a baby! ) The full breakfast buffet got most of what you need to get you started, and their pancakes were awesome! The location is also a plus, as it is near just about anywhere: Mall and restaurants; Loved the automatic doors as well. I will definitely keep this Hotel in mind the next time I visit, hopefully for pure leisure. Great stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, Upon check in the front desk checked us in, its was straight to buisness. Rooms decor was nice, no problems with that, Air conditions are really old. Sheets were clean. The problem started when the water would not drain in the shower, which i understand that maid didnt really check. I advised that at the front desk and they told me that it will be fixed. We had 2 rooms right next to each other. Breakfast is suppose to be untill 10am. we reached around 915am and the lady had already started to clean up, she had almost ran out of everything. we go back to our room in the evevning and see that someone had been working on the drainage, the tub was dirty, next morning went to take a shower same thing the water would not drain. Again went to the front desk and advised them, they were sorry and promised that they would fix it. The third morning again found out that the water would not drain again. Went downstairs asking for a manager, had to wait 10 minutes to see him, he comes out and all he had to stay is " I know somebody was working in ur room to fix it" my question was its not fixed its been 3 days. I work for Holiday Inn express and i using my employee rate. The manager told me " I guess ur hotel is 100% satisfying" my answer to him was well we try to make our guests satisfied we would fix the problem. and he walked away. He had nothing else to say. All i can say he was a JERK. Here are the pictures of the bath tub. Also not sure if the state if Il allows guests to drink alchohol in the lobby, if the hotel has have a BAR or restaurent. It was a weird hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Monty0128
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This was OK, but not what we are used to with Holiday Inn. We stayed 2 nights. The rooms are a little tight, low ceilings in parts of our room, lighting was good in the sink area and bathroom, the room seemed clean although the carpet looked dirty and by looking at our socks, you could tell it was! We didn't walk on the carpet without something on our feet. The beds were unbelievable! It was like climbing Mt. Everest to get over the high, hard ridge on the edge of the bed and then it was like sinking into the middle of the earth, once you made it over! Such an uncomfortable, gross bed! We ached everywhere and the craters in the mattress looked almost funny if it wasn't so painful! The WORST thing was that on every room key there was a picture of these sleazy waitresses from the sleazy restaurant next door! I could not believe how low class that was and I will not stay here again. Paper thin walls didn't help and front desk person was not overly motivated to do a whole lot. Also the toilet ran every 5 minutes so there is no way housekeeping was not aware of that. We were glad to leave and will stay elsewhere when we visit the Chicago area. Breakfast was so crowded and the attendant needed help. One person can not be expected to keep up with that crowd. Typical watery scrambled egg mixture that is common at Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

This hotel is one of the top reasons why we have continued our Priority Club membership. We had a great night here, and were comfortable, relaxed, and happy to have been able to start our first full vacation day fully rested and with smiles on our faces. The beds and pillows were comfortable, the room amenities were standard but in good shape and working order, and the bathroom provided everything we needed after a long day on the road. The food in the morning was (again) the standard fare, but seemed above caliber.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Booked this through priceline, first time using that site. When we checked in we were told we had a king room that we were expecting. When we got upstairs we were shocked find 2 beds instead. I called the frontdesk and was told, "oh we don't have any kings available and sometimes this happens if you use booking sites other than our own". Fortunately the booking site was right on it and gave a discount but the hotel manager was still quite rude and we later found out tha this hotel has done this to other people who use discount notes to book. we will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I travel a lot for business and this hotel was a pleasant suprise. Great service, nice breakfast and the rooms were clean and comfortable. They have a restaurant next door which was very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I'm not sure who is writing the reviews. I stayed here last summer and the AC did not work, I stayed here in the winter and the heat did not work. I saw the reviews that the hotel had been renovated. My room was the same old run down dirty room it had been. I would not have stayed here if it was not for the reviews for the 'newly' comments. Still small old rooms and old TVs, which had not worked in the past and still did not work this stay. I stay in Schaumburg about 10 weeks a year but no longer at this hotel. The people were nice and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business