Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Denver, Colorado
“Awesome”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The best place to stay in Schaumburg for a business trip.If you are here for a long term stay it is advisable to pick the room on second floor so that there's less disturbance.The hotel gives a feeling of staying in an apartment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WishtoTraveltheWorld
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for the great rating !! We think we are the best too!! I hope you will stay with us again soon. The pool opens up Memorial Day Weekend, I hope you get a chance to take advantage of it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Las Cruces, NM
Reviewed 11 May 2014

As long time visitors here, this is my first negative review. We first started coming here because it's dog friendly, and continue even without the dog and even though Schaumburg is a bit inconvenient for our purposes lately, because we like it here.....or did, until this trip.

For two days we've been held hostage by a family with small children above us. The kids are up at 6 AM (don't know about the parents!) running to and fro constantly. If, indeed, the parents are awake and aware, they aren't doing anything to control the boys. Our white noise machine doesn't block out the bangs and booms, nor does putting pillows over our heads. The only break we had today was when they went for (the free) breakfast---3 hours after the noise overhead began. Early this morning I moved to the sofa in the living room, thinking the kids were just doing their gymnastics in the bedroom. Nope! They're all over the place.

Twice I've called the desk. Once two nights ago when, after 10 PM, it sounded like a gymnastics meet upstairs, and a little while ago I called and the staffer assured me that family is checking out today. I hope so since we're booked for two more days, and I'm not sure we can stand two more days with little sleep.

IF FAMILIES WITH SMALL CHILDREN AREN'T RESIDING ON THE SECOND FLOOR, this is a nice, reasonable, homey place. We've been coming here for years--first when we lived in Illinois and now that we live in New Mexico (with and without our dogs then and now---both of which definitely have/had better manners and sleep habits than the kids above us!).

So, by way of review, if you're planning on staying here, insist that you be assigned to a second floor suite or make them assure you that no families with small, active children will be overhead if you must be in a first floor suite.

Room Tip: See review. Families with small kids should be on the first floor simply out of courtesy to other l...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Hello. I just want to let you know that the guest above you did indeed check out. I called your room and left you a message. Feel free to contact me. Thanks!
Oxon Hill, MD, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The is probably my umpteenth stay at Homewood Suites, and it was just as memorable as the 1st one. Everything was great, from check in, the room, atmosphere, general location, hotel staff, food. everything!!! I loved it, and like I told the staff: the worst part of my visit was check out...I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE...See you soon Homewood Suites!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hi Leslie!!! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us again. We look forward to hosting you again and thank you so much for the 5 star rating!! take care!!
Petersham, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Best bed, sheets and pillows I have ever traveled to. Breakfast was good and grounds very clean. Impressed with the quality of kitchen and related extended stay fixtures. Would consider this location again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hi Joseph M, Thank you for the awesome rating!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the beds so comfortable. I hope you will stay with us again. Take care!!
Dubuque, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The overall feel of the hotel was good, but is was nothing compared to some Homewood Suites we have stayed in. The beds were very uncomfortable, the ceiling fan was squeaky and the heating/cooling system did not work properly. The breakfast left a bit to be desired as far as options.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kelly F
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hello Kelly!! Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay. I'm sorry your stay wasn't exceptional. Did you find our beds to be too firm or soft for your taste? Did you have a problem with your HVAC or was it difficult to modulate with the big swing in temps we had? Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Have a great day!!
Bloomington, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Nice hotel, great room. Had lots of noise from adjacent rooms, and rooms above. Otherwise was good for a family of 5 for one night. Nice to have more than one room to sleep everyone, and accommodate a business traveler that needed to do some work after kids went to sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Shane H
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I am so sorry you experienced some noise from other guests during your stay. I hope you contacted the front desk and made them aware of the situation? I'm glad that our style of room fitted your needs and I hope you will stay with us in the future. Thank you for the feedback.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room (suite) was so large and comfortable. It had every conceivable amenity. The staff was so friendly and attentive. The hotel is convenient to O'Hare, business area, freeways, restaurants, etc. The rate was quite reasonable for this hotel and area. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lawrence G
Hi Lawrence G!! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the recommendation and 5 star rating. Have a great day!!