“Last minute stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable, internet was good. The grounds were kept very nice and clean. We live very close and had a lot of hotels to choose from. We looked at a few but liked this one the best.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swohlhart
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am so glad you found our suites comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel, and especially the evening reception and morning breakfast staff were excellent, as was the breakfast (the best waffles, and sausages, I've had in years). The evening reception manager even went out of his way to track down french dressing for me. The room was everything we hoped it would be, and firm enough for my bad back. Had we been able to swim (not enough time) or use the hot tub (not yet open) we may have given an "Excellent" rating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen R

Hi Stephen R,
Thank you so much for the review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The pool is open now. I hope if you are in the area you will stay with us again. Take care!!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

WE stayed at this hotel due to its proximity to downtown Chicago and the University that we would be attending a graduation at. The kids liked that there was a basketball court that they could play on and I liked that the room included a nice kitchen to prepare meals and snacks for our day trips.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leigh S
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Beautiful rooms, very clean and comfortable at a great price. They welcome pets and several were there. It was guiet and the grounds were very well kept. We will look for a Homewood Suites when we travel. Great experience if you are staying one night or a month.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vickie J

Hello Vicki, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My family has stayed at this Homewood on several occasions in the past several years. It has always been an excellent hotel, but at least the last building we stayed in is ready for some repairs.

The beds, linens, and towels were comfortable and clean. The AC worked well. The room's paint is chipping in several places. The sofa bed was totally broken. There was an overhead light out in the kitchen.

The breakfast was very good. Staff kept up with the demand well while we were there. The front desk manager was helpful and professional.

The pool wasn't open yet (Memorial Day through Labor Day), so we could not use it quite yet. And we did not arrive in time to have the evening Manager's Reception. I cannot comment about either of these.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank tjhy

Thank you so much for the feedback. Can you tell me what room you where in. If we have a issue with one of our rooms, I would like to rectify the situation.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The best place to stay in Schaumburg for a business trip.If you are here for a long term stay it is advisable to pick the room on second floor so that there's less disturbance.The hotel gives a feeling of staying in an apartment.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WishtoTraveltheWorld
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for the great rating !! We think we are the best too!! I hope you will stay with us again soon. The pool opens up Memorial Day Weekend, I hope you get a chance to take advantage of it.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

As long time visitors here, this is my first negative review. We first started coming here because it's dog friendly, and continue even without the dog and even though Schaumburg is a bit inconvenient for our purposes lately, because we like it here.....or did, until this trip.

For two days we've been held hostage by a family with small children above us. The kids are up at 6 AM (don't know about the parents!) running to and fro constantly. If, indeed, the parents are awake and aware, they aren't doing anything to control the boys. Our white noise machine doesn't block out the bangs and booms, nor does putting pillows over our heads. The only break we had today was when they went for (the free) breakfast---3 hours after the noise overhead began. Early this morning I moved to the sofa in the living room, thinking the kids were just doing their gymnastics in the bedroom. Nope! They're all over the place.

Twice I've called the desk. Once two nights ago when, after 10 PM, it sounded like a gymnastics meet upstairs, and a little while ago I called and the staffer assured me that family is checking out today. I hope so since we're booked for two more days, and I'm not sure we can stand two more days with little sleep.

IF FAMILIES WITH SMALL CHILDREN AREN'T RESIDING ON THE SECOND FLOOR, this is a nice, reasonable, homey place. We've been coming here for years--first when we lived in Illinois and now that we live in New Mexico (with and without our dogs then and now---both of which definitely have/had better manners and sleep habits than the kids above us!).

So, by way of review, if you're planning on staying here, insist that you be assigned to a second floor suite or make them assure you that no families with small, active children will be overhead if you must be in a first floor suite.

Room Tip: See review. Families with small kids should be on the first floor simply out of courtesy to other l...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hello. I just want to let you know that the guest above you did indeed check out. I called your room and left you a message. Feel free to contact me. Thanks!