“Nice Place/Good Location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 28 March 2010

This is a nice place-clean and a great location. The rooms were pretty big, beds were comfortable, kitchen was perfect (especially if you stay for a few days), and the bathroom was spotless. TV was a little outdated but there were a lot of stations to pick from. Woodfield Mall and just about every other restauraunt you could imagine is just down the road. Breakfast was excellent as well. My only complaint was the noise that came from the room directly above. Any time somebody took a shower, it sounded like a waterfall meets a wave pool flowing through the drain in the wall. Other than that, I would definitely stay at Homewood again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Johnny2032
Management response:Responded 12 October 2010

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your positive feedback and will be sure to share your compliments with our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us

Reviewed 30 December 2009

6 nights in the hotel wasn't too bad. Big rooms, great breakfast and nice staff. I had a handicapped accessible room....I'm not handicapped...the handheld shower head really was a pain. Decided to take a relaxing bath...and the tub leaked all over the floor. Fitness room was laughable. Thin walls. Other than that nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I went to this hotel as part of my buisiness trip. It was a nice stay in this hotel. I felt like staying at home. They have provided everything related to kitchen. House keeping was very good. They maintain surroundings neat and tidy. They provided everyday pick up and drop to my office for 3 months free of cost. Morning breakfast will have so many varieties, it is difficult to choose from. Evening you will be given snacks/wine/beer. Fruits and coffee/tea is always available. Attentive Staff. As the hotel belongs to hilton group there is no point to mention about the quality.

The only problem I faced in this hotel is , they wont keep name plates before the dishes they served. So it was difficult for me to identify the dishes which I am going to eat and what they are made of. Particularly as I am an indian vegetarian, I was always skeptic about whether dishes are made of beef. So they should keep name plates on the dishes they serve and how it is made of.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank naughtycnu
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Included in the rate is a full hot breakfast and all you can eat dinner with beer and wine! I enjoyed my large suite and friendly staff. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I return to Schaumburg.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2009

The bed was the most comfortable I've ever had (queen size also). Comforter on the bed was incredibly soft and warm. Suites have plenty of room, kitchenette (did not use), living room, vanity, bath/shower room and bedroom.

Room was showing it's age. Not bad, but it was obvious certain items had been upgraded (curved shower curtain seems to be univerasl now, granite vanity counter, laminate hardwood in kitchenette) but others had been left for later (peelng wallpaper, ancient shower stall, water damaged baseboard trim).

Courtyard with pool and hot tub was outside of lobby/breakfast area. Location (to where we were going) made it an ideal choice. Plenty of restaurants nearby . Overall a good choice and worth the $30 more than other hotels nearby.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2009

I had high hopes because colleagues had told me of their stays at other Homewood Suites but this one disappointed.

We even had one of the "Master Suites" - best in the house according to the front desk staff. They and the breakfast hosts were friendly enough but this property is really dated. The cooktop in our kitchenette was comically dated, the walls had numerous marks/abrasions, the baseboard trim was cracked and misaligned and the water pressure in the shower was laughable. The couch cushions had burns marks and stains on them. I also felt the door to our room and the locking mechanism were of poor quality - and worried about safety through the night. The linens on the bed and fold-out are also in need of upgrading. At $145 for the night in Schaumburg - Hilton can do better than this! I wish I would have booked the Garden Inn or Embassy Suites nearby...

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 11 January 2009

We stayed at the Homewood Suites, Schaumberg for five nights beginning on Christmas Day. The person at the front desk was pleasant. We received our room request of first floor and on a corner.

Our room was comfortable. The kitchen was a little dated but that was okay since we did not plan on using it. The bath area had been updated. The shower head and water pressure was great!

The bedroom was small and the beds took up most of the space. The website said that the beds were queen size. They weren't but they were comfortable.

Breakfast each morning was what I have come to expect from this chain of hotels. The serving area was clean and had a variety of food to choose from. The eating area was big and clean also.

The front desk personnel were always pleasant and willing to answer any questions that we might have.

I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business