“Few problems, not a bad stay”

Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Plus in Schaumburg for one night in March. Heater in my room was repaired by a member of the hotel staff, but the room still could have been warmer. The hotel parking lot needs better/brighter lighting for guests arriving after dark, and the snow plowing could be better in the areas of the parking lot farther from the main entrance/lobby. Dinner in the hotel restaurant (hamburger) was very good. WI-FI worked very well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I selected the hotel as they are located on the same parking lot as my customer.

The hotel is very clean. You can see it just been renovated, albeit on the cheap. Eg banged up and dented doors where painted, not replaced. In the rooms, however, the work is better done with real tiles on the wall and floor on the bathroom rather than plastic. WiFi is free (as it should be), fast and reliable. Check-in was fast and efficient, as it should be with a lobby completely void of other people. That's the good news.

When I arrived, at around 10:30 pm, after a 4 hour flight from Los Angles, I wanted a beer and a snack. The reception said the bar was open to midnight and that there was a late night snack menu. The reception was correct in principle, but when I arrived at the bar, the bar-tender told he just closed the bar and where just leaving..... leaving me without my beer and late night snack.

I like to to sleep in a rather chilly room, and this is a problem when you cannot turn off the heater. The room was maybe 85 degrees when I got there, despise a 73 degree setting on the thermostat. Fortunately, the outside temp was in the low 20s, so opening the door to the small balcony eventually made the room comfortable. But even with the a/c and heater unit turned off, it kept blasting hot air.

Secondly, I also like to sleep with a rather flat pillow, and the bed was furnished with a number of small, but rather high and spongy pillows. Not comfortable.

In the morning I complained both about the heating and the pillow, but for my second night stay, neither was fixed. As the outside temp then had dropped to around zero, opening the outside door was more efficient in keeping the room at the temperature I prefer ;-)

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here many times. Beautifully renovated property. Extremely well managed hotel in every way from arrival to departure. Customer first attitude pervades the entire hospitality experience. The sentence is filler to meet the 200 character minimum. What a ridiculous requirement when I am generous enough to spent time for your benefit.

1  Thank 770leeb
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Perfect Stay for Business. Staff is professional, well-groomed, and ready to apply service to business travelers needs. Wonderful etiquette, poise, and business reception. Future stay have only gotten better and better. I have developed a long lasting business relationship and encouraged other business owners to utilize the said location.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I actually chose to stay at Best Western PLUS instead of a more expensive hotel in Schaumburg where my conference was being held. I'd stayed at the conference hotel before and was not impressed with the staff, breakfast, or the noise level. I wanted a quieter place that was a better value, and I definitely got that at Best Western Plus. The breakfasts were wonderful--Mexican scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, French toast, and hot cereal besides fruit, yogurt, great coffee, and many other selections. The restaurant and hotel staff were attentive, friendly, and accommodating. My room was spacious, the King-size bed very comfortable, and the room was dark and quiet so it was easy to get to sleep. Great decision on my part to go with Best Western PLUS instead of the more expensive hotel where my conference was taking place.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Thought this would be a great Valentine getaway. Unfortunately, instead of a weekend of rest and relaxation, we were placed on a floor that was in the process of remodeling. Majority of the rooms on our wing were being worked on. The general manager checked us in a failed to report this to us. The night we checked in we noticed that lots of rooms were labeled with names on them. We were under the impression that maybe a group would be staying on our floor and these were the room assignments for them. We did also notice how quiet the floor was but chalked it up as it being Valentine's night and people were still out enjoying their evening. The next morning at 9am, we were awakened to hammering, sawing, drilling, etc from the room next door. This went on off and on until 5pm with noise coming from that room and other rooms down the hall. We started to complain but didn't want to have to pack up and change the rooms to relocate; so we dealt with it which was a bad choice. The noise eventually stopped at 5pm as we were getting ready to leave to enjoy our evening. The next morning we were checking out which is at 12 noon. At 9:50 we were awaken by the cleaning service wanting to come into the room. At 10:30 another cleaning person came and lastly at 11:15 another one showed up. At this point we were packing to leave but felt rushed like they wanted us out of the room right away. We were still within the check out time frame. In checking out, I spoke to the front desk clerk and she informed me regarding the noise they were on the floor painting. I happen to take a picture of one of the rooms that was being worked on and there was a power drill, a power saw, porceline tile, hammer and other tools laying around. When I showed her the picture she had no explanation. I spoke to her about the cleaning people, I was informed that no one should have come to our room until noon. Again, there was no explanation to why 3 different workers showed up at our door. Based upon those two incidents it is highly likely that I will NOT return to that facility. We felt unwanted, betrayed, and unwelcomed toward the end.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

rooms were cold as heat did not work, no indoor pool, very noisy as you can see light through all sides of the door. Fitness center machines did not work properly. Maid service was not all that great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple