“Best Western Diamond”

Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Room Tip: I hope you get Iris, she is excellent at customer service, and I am not going to say the other weren...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. Check in was very delightful and Iris, had a great personality and made us feel like my family was very welcomed at Best Western, she worked to find a room that we would like and when it was not right, she...well…let’s just say she went above and beyond her duties. Iris made staying at Best Western a delight, she always spoke as we passed the lobby and always had a smile on her face and was just super…I cannot give her enough accolades as she is the best hotel hostess I ever had. You want customer service,, need to know what that is about, it Iris, she showed it and she knows her job well and knew whom to contact if she did not have the answer and got immediate results. I had the best time there and was very comfortable. It may not be a 5 star hotel, but Best Western gave me 5 star service. I just loved the room with the Jacuzzi in it…the first time me and my wife had an opportunity to experience that and it was just heavenly, made me realize how blessed I was. None of this could have happened without Iris showing great care and concern about my family being satisfied. Our stay there was great, the kids loved the pool and even though it was not the best of breakfasts, it came with a free breakfast, nothing can beat free. The food was decent as I am a foodie and travel agent so I can be somewhat discerning when it comes to food and hotels. The food, I will not speak about, for a great hotel that met all my needs and then some, 5 stars to Iris and Best Western! I want to give mention to Fernando, he was there at check in and just smiled and made me laugh, but Iris was the super star of the evening and my stay. Fernando, when you get the opportunity to shine like Iris, Carpe diem! I am a rewards member of Best Western as I have always thought of them as a great budget hotel, however, after staying in their plus class. I think each Best Western hotel is an independently owned and operated franchise, it is obvious that when this one hired Iris they wanted people in place that knew customer service. You will need a car if you stay here, which we had, but for the amount of dough you save, it was worth it to me to drive into Chicago for fun and activities and if you look right for parking, you save big time on cash$$$ Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Good facilities and service. A bit far from downtown and no O'Hare shuttle. You will need a car.

We picked it because it is reasonably close to O'Hare and reasonably priced.

If your need is to go back and forth to downtown you may be better off to get something closer as it can take up to an hour even outside peak.

Conferences and meetings seem to be the primary purpose which makes sense for the location.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our family of over 100 held a three day reunion at the Best Western Plus in Schaumburg. Laura was amazing to work with. Had great food and use of a huge banquet room. They were so accommodating to our needs. Would really recommend this hotel and their staff!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 525suew
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here one night on my way home from a cross country road trip. My room was really nice, front desk staff were friendly and cheerful. My room was large, very clean and had a nice view of the pool and park beyond. It was very comfortable and quiet. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bubbysmom77
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We spent one night at this property and found it to be fine. It is nicely decorated, plenty of parking, and very clean. The staff was most pleasant and very helpful. The rooms are somewhat larger than normal and very comfortable. The location is fine, but seems to be away from most stores and attractions, but we did not spend any time in the area.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan F
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was a nice place to stay. Loud pounding noise in hallways, but couldn't be heard in room. Elevators were not working properly, so stairs were a must. Breakfast was adequate for a hotel, not much variety from day to day though. Towels were an issue; you can only have one per each guest in your room. We were there for hockey and requested more, but were told no.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family