“Better options in the area”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“Better options in the area”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel as I was attending a conference nearby for work. I thought the location was good to the conference, shopping and dining. The outside of the hotel looked inviting but the inside was less than could be desired. There were handprints on the Ceiling above one of the beds. The. Beds were uncomfortable and gave me a creepy feeling. Walls were very thin and I was woken several times by people outside talking and yelling. The room was very dated. TV was very small and the channels were limited. I was there for only one night but but if I had to stay "extended" I would be finding another place to stay. I had to go to the front desk to ask fora hair dryer. There were no toiletries (shampoo conditioner etc.)

• Stayed October 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mikki1224
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Do not have any type emergencies after 11pm at this hotel because you will be stuck out of your room until ther next day. I am sitting in my car with snow piling up and 7 degree weather outside and can not access my room. I went to the emergency room at 1:30 am and left my key in case they hospitalized me so someone could access my room. I returned at 4:38pm after finding out I had walking pneumonia and wanted to lay down until check-out and my 3 hour drive. I sat in the lobby and called the after hour line 6x and then talked to a corporate customer service person 3x and I still could not find anyone to open the front door.
In this economy every dime counts and customer service makes the difference. The company that was made the reservations and took care of everything wanted a review of the hotel before signing and exclusive with Extended Stay nation wide............well. I am willing to pay out of pocket for the rooms to ensure that there are no excuses for them to use to justify this poor service. I actually wanted to make a reservation for a 4 month stay before leaving...............NOT!
By the way, it took the front desk 10 mins to tell me the nearest hospital. Something like "who delivers food?" I can understand not having an immediate answer for but you aren't asking for hospital at 1 in the morning to just go visit so I would think you would have this information available quickly. Thank goodness for gps because they did not even tell me the actual nearest hospital anyway.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Schaumburg hotels
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center
Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg
Comfort Suites Schaumburg
Comfort Suites Schaumburg
#22 of 29 in Schaumburg

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall? Share your experiences!