“Great Staff and Nice Hotel”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Relocated to Schaumburg in October. Have lived at Hotel until finding a permanent home. Hotel is clean with nice newly remodeled rooms. Staff is very freindly and helpful. Location is very convenient to shops and restaurants

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Thank you!!! Our location has always been terrific, but the remodeling is what truly set us apart from the competetion. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Prior to retirement I traveled Coast to Coast as a Consultant and had the opportunity to stay at several Hotel/Motels. The Extended Stay here in Schaumburg is overall the best experience I have had at a hotel. The Staff and Management are extremely accomodating, friendly and professional.The newly remodeled rooms are just great ! The decor is excellent and the new beds very comfortable. They even went as far as to put "Mattress Covers" over the new mattresses to insure cleanliness. There is a full size refrigerator, an electric stove, toaster and coffemaker in each room with plenty of coffee just for the asking and a laundryroom on the first floor with plenty of washers and dryers. The location is perfect. Walking distance or a short drive to Supermarkets, Restaurants and the famous Woodfield Mall. There is even a locally well known Sports Bar/Restaurant right accross the street !! And you can't beat the price ! This place is GREAT ! I really like staying here !! I highly recommend it. It is quite enjoyable.
Raymond M.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank You for taking the time to write such a complimentary review. It is very important for us to make everyone's experience the best it can be. This is a great affirmation of the hard work the staff puts in. We will continue striving to make all of our guests as happy as you. Again, your time and comments are very much appreciated, Thank You.
…………………………………………….

Reviewed 18 January 2013

My company regularly has international associates coming into the area at a moment's notice. I know that the staff at the Woodfield Execustay will accommodate my needs at the drop of a hat. I know that each of my associates will be able to check in and get settled without any problem after their long international flight. The associates themselves have told me that they are amazed with the accommodations (especially after the AMAZING renovations!) and that they staff is incredibly helpful answering their questions whether it is regarding the facility or the nightlife in the area. Knowing that my associates are well taken care of is top priority for me, and the Woodfield staff has exceeded my expectations. I look forward to continuing this business partnership for years to come.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the kind words. We work really hard on making our hotel a "Home away from Home". Our staff will be very excited to read your compliments. Your business means a lot to us, and we appreciate the great partnership we share.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

The staff here are superb. They are kind and friendly, will stop what they're doing to help, have coffee and tea ready and waiting for the guests, have suggestions and directions for sight seers - they make this hotel better than the physical condition.

The building is undergoing updates in some areas - paint and carpet changes - so the appearance is improving. My room had a musty odor that I could not get rid during the 2 months of my stay. I was so sick of the odor, I left a few days early to stay somewhere else.

My room was about the same size as a standard hotel room but it had a kitchenette with a 2 burner stove and apartment size refrigerator. There is no dishwasher so I was not able to sanitize the dishes or silverware before using them. The room and bathroom were clean and had regular cleaning service once a week. (There were no telltale signs of dirt on my socks or feet so I decided the room was clean. I could not figure out where that odor came from though). The bed was low to the ground but surprisingly comfortable.
The hotel is located in an incredibly convenient area of the Northwest suburbs - in Schaumburg - near restaurants, one of the largest malls in Chicago, a forest preserve, major highways and O'Hare Airport.
There is no fitness center and no swimming pool. The guest laundry is pricey at $2.00 for a wash and $2.00 for the dryer. A couple of problems with with this - the front desk usually has no change and local businesses won't give change either; and other guests wash their pet blankets in the laundry so be careful that you don't end up with dog hair on your clothes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you for your detailed comments about the hotel. It was very nice of you to take the time to do this. I have shared your comments with the staff. I apologize that you had to check out early. Ironically, we started a major interior renovation on October 8th, right after you departed. I urge you to please come back and try us again when you are in the area. I am sure you will be thrilled with the updates!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

yes the room that i had looks great and clean and everything but the check in really sucks i got to the hotell at 3 am and it is around 11 and now i have to get kicked out i should have eather gotton an extra day for getting the hotel now i have no more money and i have to sleep in my car now this is crappy and bogus as hell

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joey V
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Thank you for your comments about our Woodfield location. Our published check out time is 11AM however, the staff has been notificed that they should do everything in the ability to extend your check out time if it is possible. I am very sorry we inconvenienced you. Rest assured you situation was addressed with the staff. We are currently going through an extensive renovation of the hotel and urge you to give us another try when you are in the area.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

The hotel is an excellent property the staff is awesome the service in the last few months has been impecable. Congrats and we LOVE this HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: ROOM 214 is wonderfule
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Chicago - Woodfield Mall. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Amazing staff and faculty The rooms are clean an the location is excellent. Very friendly and welcoming. I'd highly recommend to other people.

• Stayed: May 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago - Woodfield Mall. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!