“Great place to stay, good value, great staff”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This extended stay was very clean and appears new. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and everything worked as they should. We only stayed 3 nights so there was no house keeping. It is very close to a nice mall. If there are more than 2 people in your party bring your our plates and cups etc, they only provide 2 of each in the kitchen.

Room Tip: Third floor was quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 July 2013

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed out stay at this hotel. The customer service, led by Theresa, is truly top notch. The staff addresses you by name, and they go out of their way to ensure your comfort. Our king bed suite was super clean, remodeled, and well laid out allowing our family of four to rest, interact, and eat quite comfortably. The location near Woodfield mall, Golf Rd., airport, etc makes the location very convenient. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We have stayed at many Extended Stay hotels and are never disappointed. This hotel was in a great area. The lobby and rooms were newly renovated and tastefully decorated. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. Since we were traveling with small children, it was also convenient to have a kitchenette in the room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Woodfield area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JLCE
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have been traveling for the past 10 years and I have stayed over 1000 nights in hotels all over the world. I thought I had seen the good the bad and the ugly regarding hotels...well..let me tell you..I was WRONG.
I have stayed in extended stay places before, so i decided to stay on this one this time due to the proximity to my associate´s home. Anyway, I asked the front desk if they could schedule a cleaning of my room. These places clean your room once a week, I wanted it cleaned on Wednesday or Thursday (I arrived on Sunday). They did and the room was cleaned on Thursday, and to my surprise, when I got back from the office I realize that my ipad was missing. The charger and the usb cable were plugged on the outlet but no iPad. I go to the front desk and inform the person there of the situation....he tells me that he will speak to the manager. I give the benefit of the doubt, thinking I took it to work and left it there (I knew I didn´t but I thought that MAYBE I did) Went to work the next day...no iPad in the office. I was told on Friday that I had to file a police report. I did. I was able to speak to the manager on Monday. He said that he would file the complaint to "corporate". I got a call from some insurance company saying that they were sorry but since there was no "hard and convincing" evidence that my ipad was stolen (in other words..I am full of crap) that they could not reimburse me or anything. The Schaumburg police called me, some detective, and said pretty much the same thing. The manager also told me that he was sorry but...I was screwed.
I asked them NOT to clean my room any more for the rest of my stay..but they decided that my needs were not to be considered as important, and they went in my room AGAIN and cleaned it AGAIN (probably the same crew that stole my ipad).
I have 4 tools that I need to work. My iphone, my camera (Nikon D700 with a Micro Nikkor 105mm Macro lens), my uncluttered mind and my ipad mini. Now here I was, missing a very important tool nad not being able to perform at my fullest. I felt cheated, I felt like a second or third class guest, and I ended up at the mac store at Woodfield Mall spending 500 bucks I had not planned to spend to purchase a new ipad min i (the stolen one was only 4 months old).
DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT STAY HERE...IF something happens...no one is to blame and no one is responsible....There is no accountability. I feel like cursing...but I wont.

Room Tip: There is no reason to stay here...there are other options in Schaumburg.....RUN FROM THIS PLACE...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rolnugam
Reviewed 24 May 2013

On my recent stay at this hotel, I was very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy of the staff, they were wonderful to me! This was my first time staying at an extended stay and I felt right at home. The room was large and very clean. The facility's wifi was great, the breakfast is great, and its adjacent to a couple of great restaurants and clubs within walking distance. This place is SO much better than the dump across the street. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank DonnaChr1024
Reviewed 20 May 2013

It is really a nice stay. Woodfield mall is in stonethrow distance. Lot of places for dining. Enterprise is also nearby for renting car.
Hotel staff is very cordial. Nice grabe and go breakfast. Rooms are clean and cooking facilites are excellent
Will stay next time also whenever will come to Chicago.

We stayed here for 2 weeks and enjoyed a lot.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good. but 1st floor and 2nd floor are real good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Debasis - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. We are so glad you found our location to be convenient and had a chance to sample our newest feature, the grab and go breakfast.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

This review is for business and family travelers coming to Chicago. While Schaumburg is a good are to stay, Extended Stay America Woodfield mall is the best place to stay. I stayed 2 weeks at this hotel and found is very clean, professional which can be compared with any star hotels around in this place. The staff is very courteous and nice, always ready to help.The location is great and very close to Woodfield mall.I know for sure I will stay with them again.

Room Tip: All floor are good. But third floor has a good view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

The team and I appreciate your great remarks. We are so excited to hear that you had such a great stay with us. We truly enjoyed having you and your family visit our hotel for two weeks!