“Great hotel”

Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Iowa
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This is my 2nd time staying here great room. We love the location and the staff is very nice. Keep up the great job. Will stay again when we come back. Always do ikea and take the train downtown. We always have late check in on Friday night as we drive in and everything is always ready for us when we arrive

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us again with your family. A special thank you for the recognition of our wonderful staff, room and location! We hope to see you back soon for your next visit to IKEA and/or downtown Chicago.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Iowa
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel and it will not be the last. I want to give this hotel a huge thank you and great review with a recommendation for anyone I know. This is the best experience we have ever had at any hotel in any city that we have been to. We love this clean, spacious, budget friendly hotel. The hotel staff are helpful, and friendly with smiles on their faces. Trust me this does not happen often at other hotels. Great priced hotel with above average amenities. FREE continental breakfast is better and larger than most. The hotel room is huge and includes a large mini fridge and seating area. Parking is easy, safe and FREE. Location is perfect close to the Woodfield mall, Ikea, Lego discovery center, many favorite restaurants. We wish we stayed at this hotel and commuted while visiting downtown Chicago. Our trip and budget would have been much better if we did.

Room Tip: These rooms are super clean and large. A mini fridge is a plus.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for returning to the hotel and for the wonderful review! That you took the time to post this review raving about our hotel, staff, amenities and location is much appreciated! We hope to see you back during your next visit to the Schaumburg or Chicago area.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Hotel lobby was very clean and inviting. Starbuck's in the lobby along with a small bar, plenty of seating. Rooms were very clean and modern with a nice seating area with a comfortable couch and refrigerator. Breakfast buffet was good, many good choices.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for your kind response. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and its amenities. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Schaumburg!
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stay at Hyatt Place brand all the time for business so I knew what to expect and was not disappointed in terms of room, staff etc... BUT, there were so many people there that we ended up using the stairs to come and go (4th floor) just to avoid a very long wait at the elevator. Also, the line to get breakfast was all the way across the lobby. We ended up going to IKEA for breakfast and enjoyed an awesome experience for less than 5 bucks for 2 people. I would stay again, without a doubt, but on a weekend I will reset my expectations!

Room Tip: If they are full, eat breakfast VERY early or wait until 9:30am and head across the parking lot to I...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our breakfast during the week isn't usually busy so perhaps you were in when there are a large group in house. Normally breakfast during the week is very calm and there isnt a line. I would invite you to stay with us again during your next visit to Schaumburg on business and you will find a much more pleasant breakfast experience.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Overall I really liked this hotel. The room was huge and clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff were extremely polite. I liked the refrigerator, the new-looking clean coffee pot (very well-stocked with coffee & tea), the enormous tv, and the alarm clock (much nicer than having to use a wake up call). My only complaint was that the wifi connection in my room was terrible -- didn't work at all half the time and was unbearably slow the rest of the time. I also wish the breakfast ended later (10 instead of 9 would be nice). I was only there one night. If I'd stayed longer, the wifi thing would have bothered me a lot more.

I always wear earplugs to sleep in hotels, but I think the noise would bother you if you don't. I couldn't hear anything from the room next to me, but I could hear people talking in the hallway very clearly and noise from the elevator.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevator if possible. You can hear the "ding" and people...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
I'm glad you enjoyed your overall experience, the hotel and staff. We do not usually have complaints about the wifi and we recently had it upgraded. As an option, we have two complimentary computers with printers downstairs for our guests use that are hard wired and always have wifi available. We serve breakfast during set hours, however our staff is always willing to assist if you would like to obtain breakfast, cereal or other ready items, from the kitchen. We all know there is noise in hotels and unfortunately sometimes guests may be loud. We apologize for this. If you do decide to join us again, please feel free to call down to the front desk and asked to be moved if you feel it compromises your rest. We always want to assist our guests and make them feel at home.
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Upon arrival the room was clean however, after our first night the housekeeping was terrible. They came in and made the bed and provided fresh towels but did not remove the dirty dishes and garbage. I had to bring these items down to the front desk myself and wait over ten minutes before speaking to staff. We ordered food and the chicken quesadilla did not come with onions, peppers and guacamole as described in the menu. There was only one pillow provided for the sleeper sofa. The ironing board had food or some kind of stain on it so we were unable to use the full length of the board. I would've complained about these issues during my stay and upon check-out but there was nobody at the desk to speak to.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank 612Travel
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
commerce, mi
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The best thing about this facility is the location. Walking distance to Ikea / Woodfield, and easy on / easy off to the adjacent highways. Very clean grounds and lobby, friendly staff. However the rooms could've used some painting, and the noise level was high. I could hear occupants from a room that was 60 ft away when I was in the hallway. And the beds / pillows were not the greatest - as hotels go, i'd rate them about 6 on a scale from 1-10.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Carl332211
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We do have a fantastic location, hotel and staff. Regarding the condition of your room, our guest rooms are given a thorough maintenance review on a rotating schedule so I'm sure the paint issue will be taking care of shortly. Our GM also inspects rooms from time to time and I will bring your comments to his attention. The noise level changes with the guests in house and the hotel always does its best to contain any disturbance to any guest in their guest room and it doesn't sound like that was an issue for you as you noticed the noise in the hall. In the future if your bed and or pillows isn't satisfactory, you can always ask to move to another room or we can bring additional pillows so your stay is comfortable, which is our ultimate goal as your host.