“Friendly service and great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Orlando, Fl
“Friendly service and great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here 2 nights and was happy with my overall experience. I would stay here again if I am visiting this area. I had the King size bed, which was comfy. The rooms are spacious and I like that. The shower head is the best pressure I have ever experienced, like a massage. The flat screen TV is large, the mini fridge is cold, the a/c worked well, the lighting is good. For a business stay we were happy to be here and drive immediately across the street for Olive Garden, Longhorn, Whole Foods, and the Woodfield Mall for shopping. Now besides the shower being a highlight I must give credit to the staff. This staff makes you feel at home, remembering your name, room #, offering help when possible and actually smiling while doing so. This is my first time at a Hyatt Place and it wont be my last. My tip is to call the front desk with any questions or concerns they will go out of their way to try to make your stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: This hotel is away from any noisy roads so all rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear TravLin93,

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel, our staff and the local offerings. Its always nice when someone takes the time to mention our friendly staff. I'll be sure to share your comments. We hope to see you during your next business stay to Schaumburg.

Thanks again,
Autumn Ashton
DOS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Beersheba, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel is absolutely great! I spent two weeks in it on a business trip. The rooms are large, clean and greatly accessories (large TV, fridge etc). The staff is amazingly warm and helpful, never hear "No" from them.

The biggest plus of this hotel is definitely the location! Its is great - close to the Woodfield mall aswell as many bars, restaurants and highways.

The breakfast is OK, but changes rarely. I was actually relieved to see a relatively healthy food (yogurts, fruits, granola). Another remark I have is the coffee. Its pretty bad, but that has nothing to do with the Hotel, but with American coffee overall. The pool, jacuzzi and gym are good.In addition to treadmills, the gym also includes full set of weights (which i was pleasantly surprised by).

The only remark I have are the wild birds (i think they were gooses) in the Hotel's proximity. Several reviews here are warning people to be careful not to get a room near the elevator. I had one and this didnt bother me at all. HOWEVER, almost every single morning the goose came to lower roof of the building and made TERRIBLE noise early in the morning. My advice - make sure not to take a room facing the lower roof of the building in order to have a good night sleep.

Other than that - no complaints !

Room Tip: The only remark I have are the wild birds (i think they were gooses) in the Hotel's proximity...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Borislit,

We are glad to you enjoyed the hotel, rooms, and staff. Regarding the geese, we don't normally have complaints about them. However, the are a sign of Spring in the Midwest and frequent at this time of year. If you do stay with us again, please contact me directly so we can assure you are placed in a different room.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed there overnight because our 2 kids wanted a day at Legoland. Our overnight rom included 4passes to Legoland so the price was right.

We arrives at 1 and were able to checking early. There was a problem with our door lock but that was resolved quickly. Once on the room we appreciated the extra space. Our window in our room was drafty so I requested a few extra blankets. After 1 hour I called again and within 10 minutes the blankets were delivered. Later that evening I encoded to make myself a cup of tea. The coffeehouse did not work. When we went to the pool I mentioned this to the gentleman at the front desk and his response was , oh. He mentioned they have coffee there at the desk early in the morning. I decided if it would be an ordeal like the blanket it wasn't worth it. He did offer to give me a cup of hot water.

This morning I went downstairs for coffee at 6:30 this morning. I mentioned to the desk clerk my issue with the coffee pot. I had left my family asleep in the room. When they came down for breakfast at 8:30 my partner informed me that housekeeping knocked and woke everyone. She wanted to give us a new coffee pot. Really, I specifically told the clerk it wasn't needed now but he future occupant might appreciate it.

I have mixed feeling, I truly expected better service. I do think having the desk clerk manage so many tasks is a stretch. Especially since this is spring break in Illinois.

Overall, good with reservations.

Room Tip: Good with reservations. May not be the place to stay during holidays when they are busy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear VofMadison,

I am glad you enjoyed the trip with your family to LEGOLAND and we were able to accommodate your early check in. My sincerest apologies that the blankets took a while to arrive and your family was awoken to deliver a new coffeepot. It sounds as if there was a communication issue both times. We always strive to assure our guests receive the best service and hope you decide to join us next time you visit the Schaumburg area.
Leesburg, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The room was very nice with the pullout sofa right in the room which was very helpful for us. The staff was all very helpful and hard working. It seems odd that they would have the front desk person also running the little food counter they have. The pool was good except that it was closed the last morning we could have gone swimming. The manager was very friendly in taking care of it and trying to help us out. The location is good. The only thing that was really not great was the breakfast. It was ok and and the last day we were there there were too many people for seating and keeping up with keeping the food out. So overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ajharman22
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the room, amenities, and staff. Hyatt Place hotels have a desk person assist guests in different areas of the hotel, such as the food counter, so that guests are able to experience a level of familiarity with each interaction. The breakfast does get busy at times, especially later in the morning as most guests decide to join us, however we do our best a accommodate all guests by setting up overflow seating in our meeting area on weekends such as Spring Break.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here for a week for work and enjoyed my safe that I decided to bring the family here for a day day road trip. The location is great and next to the mall and across the street from IKEA. We planned a day at the Shedd Aquarium and stayed here instead of downtown due to price and the fact we wanted to go to IKEA and the mall anyways. The rooms are nicely furnished and bed in comfy. I have nothing but good things to say about this Hyatt Place. There is a free breakfast each morning that we enjoyed and the kids loved the pool and hottub. I would recommend this hotel to anybody in the Schaumburg area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear chaos6401,

Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel so much for business that you decided to bring your family to enjoy the area and attractions. We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel for your next stay.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located close to everything and anything. We were traveling as a party of 5, myself, hubby and 3 little boys. Hubby had business in town so we went along for some fun. The room was clean and ready despite the fact that we arrived early. The room layout was very nice. Kitchenette was well appointed. In smaller hotels the elevators often take forever, these elevators were remarkably fast! Almost every time we pushed the button someone in our family would say 'wow that was fast!' As the elevator arrived.
Thursday night the pool was packed. I mean jam packed with kids. There was a soccer tournament in town so it was very busy. The pool area ran out of towels and the managers were promptly refilling the towel carts. I took my one son to the restroom and the manager was cleaning water up from the hallway floor. He was working very hard to make things nice despite the large crowds.
Friday night I went to the front desk to ask a touring question. Dustin was very helpful, courteous and gave me all the info I needed. I then ordered 2 pieces of cheesecake. He gave them to me and told me they were 'on the house' because of how busy the pool was the previous evening. He apologized for the crowds and assured me Friday evening and Saturday would be less busy at the pool. He was right! Friday there were 4 kids there. Saturday there were about 6! I felt the evening staff went above and beyond to deal with the large crowds, guest needs and busy front desk. And they did it in a kind, inviting and friendly manner!
Our room was always clean and tidy when we returned from the days activities. Housekeeping did a great job as well!
Overall this was one great hotel, centrally located and close to everything with remarkable staff. We had a great weekend!!

Stayed March 2014
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
ClevelandmOm,

Thank you for your kind review and for taking the time to share your experience with others. We do have a fantastic staff, hotel and location and are pleased to hear that Dustin was able to assist you with your questions and deliver fantastic customer service. We will be sure to let him know of your wonderful comments!

We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Schaumburg area!
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We have used this hotel many times now for business meetings. The sleeping rooms are clean and comfortable. The meeting space is always set perfectly to our specifications and works nicely for our needs. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. Our colleagues enjoy their stays here and I would recommend this hotel for both meeting space and overnight accommodations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Marie F,

Thank you for your kind review regarding our staff, sleeping rooms and meeting space. We all enjoy having your group at the hotel and look forward to continuing to work with you.

I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with our staff!