“Location is Bad but It's a Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
New York City, New York
“Location is Bad but It's a Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Even though this is an airport hotel, it's really in a remote area in Schiller Park. Most of the other hotels in Rosemont at least have other restaurants within walking distance. But I was presently surprised by this hotel.

The shuttle driver from the airport had something I haven't seen from other shuttle drivers - a smile! He actually shook everyone's hands when we got onboard. Then when I arrived at the hotel, the suite I booked wasn't available, so I opted to take any available room. The lady at check in was so nice to me.

It's comforting to see there are renderings of the new renovation posted all over the lobby because this place is dated. I went into my room, and it was screaming for new furnishings.

Since there isn't anything nearby, I wandered to the restaurant and bar. Yet again, the staff was extremely friendly. They even serve appetizers past 5PM.

I walked around and saw the indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, and gym. Though small, the gym is typical of any Four Points.

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

As SPG members,we booked this hotel to top up points. The hotel itself isn't too impressive, but the service and complimentary 4pm checkout was its saving grace for me.

Pros:
- 4pm late checkout--huge thumbs up!
- Polite and attentive staff
- Free hotel shuttle to/from airport (take blue line at O Hare metro station for downtown Chicago)
- Comfy bed
- Relatively close to Rosemont metro station, Rosemont entertainment complex and outlet mall (around 10 minutes by taxi)

Cons:
- Average hotel, I've stayed in much better Four Points properties
- Room/furniture seemed old and worn out. Funny smell
- Bit stingy on the free toiletries

Hotel is adequate if you are looking for a bed and something cheap.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Judy C
san francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

So, we just used this property for an 8 hour layover while transiting through Chicago.

First, our "adventure" started with the shuttle bus from the airport--it took me about 8 phone calls to get a shuttle bus sorted from the international terminal. It took me 3-4 calls to realize that I needed to specifically ask someone to call the driver to stop by the international terminal to pick us up #i.e., the first couple were of the nature of, "where does the shuttle pick up?" "where does the shuttle pick up passengers from the international terminal?"# After that, it was status update on where the driver was. All told, we waited about 40 minutes for the shuttle #which supposedly runs every 20 minutes#. At least the staff was highly apologetic about this, and they gave us a $30 food and beverage credit at the restaurant #more on this later#.

We used the pool facility, and the sauna in the men's room was out of order, and the sign on the women's bathroom read out of order too. Luckily our au pair went into the women's bathroom and figured out the sauna was in fact working #as was the rest of the bathroom#, so we went in there with our 2 kids. The Jacuzzi was way too hot for any of us to use--when I called to see if they could adjust the temperature, this is verbatim what someone said to me, "we are unable to adjust the temperature of the Jacuzzi either up or down."

3rd--the restaurant. So, we decided to use the food and beverage credit. I ordered humus #misspelling on purpose#, which was made up of mushroom #not chickpea as far as I could tell#, chicken fingers and fries #which were as expected#, and a fruit plate that was 50% edible #strawberries totally sour, half of the grapes were mushy, cantaloupe was sweet and good, pineapple and honey dew just ok#. Also, I tried to give the server a gratuity #which wasn't covered by the $30 coupon, as I don't believe the server should suffer for the poor food#, but even that took 3-4 different discussions of him leaving and coming back to make it happen.

I will admit that I haven't stayed at that many Four Points properties, so maybe I'm used to higher end properties, but these seem like fairly basic things--my sense is there's not a culture of high standards and professionalism based on my visit yesterday #e.g., semi-broken door handle to the bathroom in room 716#.

At least it's super close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear sfphotog,
We at Four Points by Sheraton take pride in ourselves in maintaining excellent customer service skills. I personally would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced at our hotel. We have taken the necessary action to make sure our shuttles are running every 20 minutes. I have also spoken with the engineer about the temperature control in the Jacuzzi and are working on the necessary solutions. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with Four Points Sheraton O’hare . It is our goal to not just meet , but also exceed , our guest expectations. Should you would like to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me at arun@fourpointsohare.com. Take care.

Travellers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Silicon Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Got stuck overnight at O'Hare and this place was a saving grace! Though I was in my room for fewer than 6 hours, it was a welcomed respite from a day of chaotic travel. Friendly and fast check-in. Comfy bed. Clean room. Good TV. Great price. Fast to get there from ORD. Easy shuttle back to airport. It was just what I needed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Patrick S
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear boscosq,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, albeit unplanned, and were able to enjoy a good night's rest after a chaotic travel day. We hope you'll come back to see us should you be in the O'Hare area again. Safe travels!
Philadelphia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Check-in was slightly annoying. I had called to arrive the hotel I'd be arriving after midnight. When I got to the hotel, they didn't have anything ready and it took a little while to assign a room, take my credit card, and print a room key. I was assigned an "upgraded room" on the top floor of the hotel. Unfortunately, the hotel was quite run down with lots of stains on the carpet and walls. I did not get a folio for express check-out under my door as I'd normally expect, and had to stop by the front desk again at 6:00am when I was departing. For a hotel so close to the airport, I'd expect more convenience for business travelers. This property was below the standards I've come to expect from Four Points by Sheraton.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank maggioant
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Maggioant,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay at Four Points. We try our best to accommodate the needs of our guests and apologize that your room keys weren't ready upon your arrival. We will share your feedback about our accommodations with our team as we continue to evaluate ways to improve our property. We hope you'll give us another chance to make this up to you should you travel through the O'Hare area again. Safe travels.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Had a great time. Friendly staff. Loved the pool, hot tub, and workout center. Fluffy bed comforter. Pretty good location for what we needed. Room was clean. It was kind of expensive but the best price we found with everything we wanted. Also liked that they had a bar and we took a pitcher up to our room and it wasn't a bad price. Overall good experience and we will be back:)

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kyhayden
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Kyhayden,
We really appreciate your comments, thanks for sharing! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location, amenities and service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Safe travels!
Warsaw, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed March 2014, for one night as a park & fly before a trip. The room had 2 queens beds and was very clean. Great location close to O'Hair Airport with a shuttle that runs every 20 minutes.
Call the hotel directly for the best rate.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare
Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!