“Good stay, good hotel, good staff”

Comfort Suites O'Hare
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Kingsville, Canada
“Good stay, good hotel, good staff”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My wife and I were booking a trip to Chicago for our 5th anniversary. We wanted to stay downtown but with the marathon nearly all of the rooms were booked and there were no discount deals on any site.
We talked about getting a hotel near the airport and taking the train into the city each day.
We looked at a bunch of hotels and settled on the Comfort Suites due to the rate, the rooms, the shuttle services and the free "hot" breakfast, not just a continental breakfast.
The reservation process was not a problem booked everything online and were looking forward to our first time in the Windy City,
We didn't know what to expect with the hotel as there were reviews ranging from terrific to dreadful all during the same time period
We hoped for the best and were not disappointed. We had an early flight and when I inquired with the front desk about storing our luggage until the room was available, the staff was polite and advised that if our room was ready when we arrived, we could check in early.
We landed at the airport and called the shuttle service. We were told to go to the Bus and Shuttle pick up area, door 3 and the driver would pick us up. He was there within 20 minutes and was very polite and friendly. Our room was ready and we were able to check in early. The room was a very good size and we were both surprised at how nice it was.
We then took the shuttle to the Rosemont Blue line station and ventured into the City. The ride is approx 30 - 40 minutes and it was worth prepurchasing the CTA unlimited travel card as we used it on all trains in the city as well as buses. It costs $2.25 each trip and we bought a 1day and a 3 day pass for under $20 each and it was money well spent.
We stayed 4 days and each time coming back from the city we took the train back to O'hare, we called the shuttle service and the longest we ever waited was maybe 25 minutes.
Each morning we had a good breakfast. There were many items to choose from: Cold and hot cereals, Belgian waffles (Blueberry and regular) Coffee, juice and milk, fruit, sausage patties and scrambled eggs. ( I liked the sausages but not the eggs, my wife was the opposite) There were pastries and muffins, toast, bagels, english muffins, yogourt and hard boiled eggs. A good start to the day.
On our last day our flight did not leave until after check out time, we wanted to go back in to the City but didn't want to worry about our luggage. The front desk staff was accomodating again and we were able to store our bags in a secure office at the hotel. When we were ready to leave the shuttle drove us directly to our Terminal.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Suites, the bed, however was not as comfortable as I would have liked but that was more my preference not the fault of the hotel. I would really recommend this to any traveller. The price was right, and the extras with the breakfast and shuttle service made it even more of a deal. One thing I should mention is that each night we stayed, there was a reception of some kind in the lounge off of the lobby. The music could be heard in our room on the 2nd floor which is actually the 3rd floor of the hotel. If I was going back and if I was, I would stay here again. I would request a room on a higher floor. The party was over by midnight and it didn't keep my from sleeping anyways, but it is something to let other travellers be aware of.
Again, we really enjoyed our stay here and do recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the higher floor to avoid the potential disturbance of reception music f...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This was our 3rd stay in the hotel, due to its excellent location fr late night arrivals or early dawn departures at O'hare airport. Price is good, Free wifi, breakfast, parking. Contacts with front desk always seem to be unpleasant, for a variety of reasons. Free shuttle bus service upon arrival at airport or at arrival at subway station is slow - everytime one calls and asks for it, one has to wait about 50 minutes till it will come (probably hotel has only one vehicle and its driver not always available).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
montana
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The price was right and I wanted a suites hotel because we had 3 of us dudes in a room so wanted to use pullout couch in the front room....well, it would not hold the mattress as it was ripped and not been fixed so I slept on the floor for 2 nights.....also, the breakfast was not very good and the rooms are pretty beat up and need some updating......disappointing....would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mtripguy

Travellers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Perfect stay, clean comfortable rooms, good breakfast, we reached Chicago airport at 12 midnight & hotel arranged for a taxi for us to pick us up at their expense. I would recommend to my friends & family to stay at this hotel. Very conveniently located.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

I start by saying this is a location that I have used close to 100+ times over the last 4 years or so.

I'll start by saying the time before last I called choice to book my hotel as usual and choice told me that this hotel isn't offering and discount programs, once I got to the hotel I talked to the GM Lisa who informed me that they did offer the discount that I use and she didn't know why choice reservations wasn't seeing it in their system. So I said that next time I stay at this location and choice doesn't show the discount then I will call the hotel directly and make my reservation to insure I get the discount allowed for myself. Everything seemed a go!

Now let's talk about the last time I stayed... I in fact called choice hotels reservations and they claim that the hotel isn't accepting Illinois farm bureau discounts and I asked about the business travel discount and was also informed that it's not being accepted either.

I proceeded to call the hotel and spoke with Justin another member of management that knew what was going on, he set me up with a room so I headed to the hotel after work. Once at the hotel I seen that the cost was for the most expensive room instead of the regular rate. As a diamond member with choice you can reserve a regular room and be upgraded to a better room. I was told that my bill would be fixed to the correct rate and minus my discount of 20%. The next morning indeed my ledger was adjusted to the regular room rate but not the discount as I was promised they accepted. Again I was dealing with Justin and he was to leave a message for the GM Lisa Smolar. I never received a call form her do I called again and this time left a voicemail and no reply. Another day had passed and I called yet again and Justin answered the phone and I said I never heard anything back from Lisa and reminded him of what I was told and how my company only pays a certain amount and the rest will come out of my pay and stayed this is why I made sure that y'all were going to give me the discounts before I reserved a room. Then I asked for the GM Lisa Smolar and he said she's right here hang on. I did hang on briefly for him to say "oh, she is in a meeting". Sounds a bit strange since she was just "right here"! Needles to say I never got a response from her so I filed a claim with choice hotels and finally she responded and back peddled against what she told me in person the prior stay. Then I responded to her email and questioned her on what she told me before only to never get a reply.

This hotel was one I used on a regular basis but since the newer GM has been there the staff turnover has been at a lightening speed pace and Everytime you go there, there's new staff from housekeeping to front desk and so on.

It's really sad that as a loyal guest that's stayed At their hotel close to 100+ times or more that you have to argue over something that's a no brainer, it's relatively simple unless you're an idiot. I will never stay here again and I will recommend that nobody else does. Of you want to stay in that general area and don't mind going a little further away, I would recommend Quality Inn in Schaumburg IL. This hotel is a choice hotel, they offer free drinks and snacks between 530-7, walking distance from woodfield mall and other shopping outlets, several places to eat, entertainment and more. Thie hotel is much cheaper, 100% nicer and has a hotel shuttle as well.

• Stayed August 2012
Pulaski, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I stayed with my two college-age kids in August for Comic Con--GREAT choice for the convention. The hotel was literally blocks down the street from the convention center. After reading the reviews below, I asked for a room on an upper floor upon check-in. The clerk promptly found us a room on the 7th floor. With three of us in the room, we found the two-room suite roomy and comfortable. The room we were in was as clean as most hotels I've stayed at, with a refrigerator and microwave. We ate at the hotel bar/restaurant that night during a wedding--the food and drinks were good, although I think the bartender could use some help with serving both the drinks and food. There was a wedding that night, and we had no problem sleeping--never heard anything from below. Breakfast the next morning was extensive, with food being replenished frequently. All in all, for a Chicago hotel, this is a great location for the price.

Room Tip: If there's a wedding (Friday or Saturday night), ask for a room on an upper floor.
Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We booked this hotel as it was near the airport and my daughter had an early moring flight.
Our room was on the 6th floor and apparently was right over the banquet room where there was a wedding reception taking place. Being up 6 floors above the room, we were kept awake until well after midnight by the wedding reception music. Also our bathroom was missing the shower curtain to which we called to inform the front desk of this but a shower curtain was never brought up to us. I brought up to the front desk clerk about the music we heard when we used the hotel shuttle at 4am and she told me it had to be from the room below ours. That made no sense whatsoever and I did let her know that it was from the wedding. We did not receive even an apology for the disruption. Needless to say we were only able to get 2 hours sleep before getting up to catch the flight.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone after our experience.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, my suggestion would be to choose a new hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Best Western At O'Hare
#17 of 18 in Rosemont
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Been to Comfort Suites O'Hare? Share your experiences!