“Meh” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
racine
“Meh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We just used this hotel for the Park and Fly option to O'Hare. Only one person staffing at the desk (Craig), and he had a very hard time multitasking. He was answering call after call instead of checking in the line of people waiting in front of him.
Our room was clean but smelled a bit musty. Very small and cramped.
We used the 0400 shuttle to the airport so we missed the breakfast, but it was efficient and made good time considering the hotel is not actually that close to the airport.
On our return our flight was delayed and we missed the window of time for the shuttle. Craig was manning the desk again and said he would order a cab for us, which never arrived. We ended up getting our own taxi. Because the hotel is in a 'suburb' the driver told me that the fare rate would be higher. It cost about $15 for the trip.

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Pluses first: Breakfast is great. Breakfast staff is friendly and helpful! Great to wake up to! Room was great. Housekeeping staff is amazing!! Great proximity to downtown Chicago.

Minuses: Due to flight issues, I knew I would be arriving late for a 3 day stay. When I called the hotel, I was told that if I was late, it would be listed as a no-show. After a long hold, and a call to the general manager (that's what I was told) the woman told me that if I hadn't arrived by a speficied time she would check me in so that I didn't lose my room. I finally arrived at 6:30am ready for a bed and I was told that my room was not reserved and I would have to wait until 8am when the manager arrived before he would do anything to help me. I called the 800# for Choice and someone there was able to help me and help the front desk figure it out. I was told that the front desk staff didn't know how to work with my privelege points. So if that was the case, why couldn't he call the 800 # instead of telling me after a horrible travel experience at 6:30 AM that I had to wait another 1.5hours?? He had no customer service skills and had several other guests in the lobby upset as well.
A little training would go a long way.

Room Tip: get a room on the higher floors. bar has LOUD music at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wldchic869

Travellers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Springfield, MN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Was really excited to visit Chicago for the first time, this hotel definitely made many bad memories for me of the trip. The hotel shuttle was at least a half hour late every time. One night we waited an hour in the rain at the Rosemount station. The room had many stains, one piece of furniture was sticky. The garbage's were never changed in the 5 days we were there, often saw hotel staff only carrying towels in the morning, do they not clean the room if you are staying multiple days?

We left papers on the bed on day and a blanket on another day and both times beds were not made. AC unit/window leaked all over floor and clothes, other personal belongings. Manager came to look and acted concerned but never heard from her again until she was contacted again. BLACK MOLD under AC unit. Will definitely avoid Comfort Suites all together from now on. Some of the staff were nice.

Of any hotel visit I have ever had, this ranks the highest in my memory of worst experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without stains.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank joel w
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have stayed here several times. This hotel has very reasonable rates for Chicago near O'hare. it is an older property but it has one bedroom suites with frig and microwave. The restaurant is just OK and I would eat at a nearby restaurant the Great Escape.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We had been traveling for almost 15 hours and missed our flight out of Chicago due to our flight being delayed. There was a storm so almost all outgoing flights were delayed or cancelled. Needless to say it was almost impossible to find a hotel let alone one with a shuttle. We called everywhere and looked online. Everything was showing booked. When we finally got Comfort on the phone they had a room but it would be $309 for the night!! Online it was $109-$119. They would not budge on the price!!! We were so tired and desperate to sleep so we took it. Once checked in we went straight to our room as it was almost midnight and needed to leave at 6AM the next day. The room we walked into made me want to vomit!!! It was not clean and I mean there was dirty towels, the previous peoples room key envelope, a messy bed, and dirty counter! We wanted to check out but allowed the front desk to give us another room. It was smaller and she said the price was still the same- total crap! This room was equally disgusting but again we were deliriously exhausted and desperate to sleep. We got up and had to literally run out to catch the shuttle. We called the hotel to try to complain but the gentleman at the front desk told us we checked out and sorry for our luck!! We called again to speak to the manager and were only given a voicemail. We called Comfort Suites customer service and were told all the hotels are owned and operated separately and we had to contact the hotel itself. The lady did inform me that calling the hotel direct is more expensive than booking online- duh! We know and tried!! She also said that the hotels will increase prices when there are situations like no flights leaving an airport!!!! Beyond angry and saddened to be taken advantage of in a crappy situation that we had no control over. This hotel manager should be ashamed of himself and learn to handle complaints! He needs to address customers and their concerns not direct them to a message and not return calls!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank MLEric
GuestRelationships, General Manager at Comfort Suites O'Hare, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear MLEric:

We appreciate your honest evaluation of your stay with us. We strive to provide outstanding service and excellent facilities - beyond anyone’s expectations. I have communicated with my staff regarding these issues and we will endeavor to do better in the future. We have taken steps to rectify the situation and hope that you’ll consider another stay with us in the near future. Please feel free to reach out to me at 847-233-9000.

Best regards,
David Steiner
Bradenton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

very bad area...was scared something is going to happen....would no t recommmend to anyone to stay there. got a rueben sandwich which sucked at the hotel, was afraid to go out of the hotel at night. high price for crappy area

Room Tip: not a good area to stay in....did not want to step out of hotel, afraid i was going to be robbed or...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank emilyb630104
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for one night. My reservation was made directly on the Comfort Suites web site. The staff was friendly and helpful up on check in and check out, even they it was busy. My room was the King Executive Suite. When I booked, the "more" description showed that it had a living room (so a separate bedroom as well). The room was very large and comfortable. It had a sofa bed in the living room and a separate bedroom with king bed. It had neutral colors, but one wall was sort of a turquoise blue. Sort of strange, but still a nice room. The bathroom was huge with two sinks. It also had a whirlpool. The bathroom had two entrances and could be entered from either the living room area or the king bedroom, which was nice. Bed was comfy. There is an Aldi grocery store right behind the hotel. The location is about two miles from the Rosemont CTA station, and an easy drive to it. I took the shuttle to and from Ohare and it worked fine for me. The shuttle drivers were helpful. Shuttle starts at 4 AM if you have an early flight from Ohare. I did not have the breakfast, although they also offer a grab and go breakfast bag with granola bar, fruit and water bottle. The price for the hotel was good, considers what others in the area charge. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with the separate living room for extra space. Ask to face the forest preserve too. A h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
BEST WESTERN at O'Hare
BEST WESTERN at O'Hare
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Been to Comfort Suites O'Hare? Share your experiences!