“Walls Are Paper Thin”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Las Vegas
“Walls Are Paper Thin”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. The walls are paper thin and you can participate in your neighbor's interactions. The shuttle quits at midnight. No breakfast and the desk clerk is functional but not especially friendly. Check the beds to be sure the sheets were changed. This is a motel-type facility with little nearby and with outdoor access to the rooms. You might consider it as the last resort when there is no other availability. The best thing going for it is that it is fairly close to the airport, and the shuttle goes there early in the morning.

Room Tip: Can't help you.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Zoomie70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Prague
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were looking for an accommodation for one night before our connecting flight. This hotel was sufficient and close to the airport with free shuttle service. We waited for the shuttle for over half an hour and we had to call twice to the hotel. In the end we got successfully to the hotel. Breakfest which was included in the price was poor, consisted of sweet cereals and coffee. It's better to go to Dunkin' Donutsthe which is next to the hotel. The room was clean and everything in the rooom was ok for 1 night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pavel K
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I felt like this hotel had decent reviews so decided to stay there for a night based on the reviews and the price. However, there were a lot of problems during my short stay. First, I was informed that the airport shuttle would pick me up 10 minutes after calling. It took 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive and when I called to check on it, the front desk person just kept saying it should be another minute. I was not at all impressed with the hotel exterior when the van got me back to the hotel. Also, the lobby area smelled of smoke. When I got to my room, though, the room itself seemed nice. There was a large bed, sitting area, microwave, and mini fridge. The room did not smell like smoke but I almost had to hold my breath going out of the room to the external door since the stair area smelled awful. When I woke up the next morning, I found small ants crawling in the sink area. I eventually counted 7 ants. When I left to go to the advertised "continental breakfast," it was coffee, milk, cheerios, frosted flakes, and crackers -- no juice, fruit, danishes, or anything else. I was happy I had only booked for one night because although Expedia said things were refundable, there were signs in the hotel lobby saying they did not give any refunds. I would definitely NOT stay here again and hopefully you will have better information to make a decision now, too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kim K

Travellers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Thunder Bay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were directed to this hotel as our flight was cancelled. If I had not booked a non refundable room I would have left even though it was late and we had been traveling almost 24 hours.
The clerk was very rude, our room was dirty, stains on the carpet and chairs, the bathroom floor was dirty. It was suppose to be a non smoking room but stunk like stale cigarette smoke.
The hearing unit made a huge amount of noise every time it turned on. This place needs a major update and cleaning!!!!
United Air Lines is giving vouchers out for this hotel when flights are cancelled. SHAME on them!

• Stayed March 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

THE MOST DISGUSTING MOTEL EVER!!! I do not know why they are called Inn & Suites, this is ridiculous!!! Room was filthy and dirty, the bed skirt was sticky, underneath I found hair on the bed, room was freezing cold, the hitter was not working, bathroom was horrible, we checked out after 15 minutes, and they did not want to refund our money!!! Manager Lucy was extremely rood as she told me that if I am 5 star lady what am I doing there???
Please, never stay there, it was overpriced for the misery they are offering.
We stayed for less money in Comfort Suites, which was like a luxury hotel compare to this ridiculous misery place!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Never EVER stay here. The airport shuttle driver drove by once and we tried to flag him down but he was in the farthest lane away from the airport. So we waited 20 min. for him to come by again but never did. We called the hotel and they said that he didn't see us and he went home for the night. We took a cab to the hotel and the desk clerk really didn't give a crap. Got to the room and the TV didn't work. Asked for a wake up call never happened. Told the desk clerk in the morning of those three things and he just stared out the window and didn't offer an apology or anything. The "continental breakfast" consisted of "packaged" peanut butter crackers and stale cereal. The ONE good thing about the PIT was nice coffee maker. The ride back to the airport was suppose to leave at 7:45 but at 7:30 ( while we were trying to eat a little something) we were told the shuttle was leaving. If that place was the last hotel in the Chicago area that has a room available SLEEP ON THE STREET!!!!!!!!!! You will thank me in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

It is a good hotel. It is a great hotel for the price you pay. it is a clean place. Don't expect something like Ritz Carlton. For such a reasonable price, it is perfectly clean. The shuttle to and from the airport was the most important part and it worked flawlessly. The driver Victor even took us back to the airport when we wanted to go to the city from the airport. He was very helpful with our 5-6 suitcases and explained to us a lot about Chicago. People at the reception were very nice, too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone not-high-maintenance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Comfort Suites O'Hare
Comfort Suites O'Hare
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Been to O'Hare Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!