“Perfect for In and Out at airport”

Quality Inn O'Hare Airport
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Jacksonville, Florida
“Perfect for In and Out at airport”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Like most people I was a "polar vortex" victim Jan. 2014 and needed a place to crash over night. Picking up the phone at O'hare, Quality Inn was a selection. They told me how to find the door to the bus. Waited maybe 10 minutes and rode another 10 to the hotel. Quickly checked in, room was clean, adequate. They have a restaurant/bar - Bella Sera. Prices are a bit high but very good service. I would stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jmlucas33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Booked this hotel thur my Choice membership because they advertised airport shuttle and parking. There is NO mention of addtional charge for it....got to hotel bout 4 pm, was given a room, when I pulled back the bedspread the sheet were stained, instead of having the hassle of changing rooms just ask for housekeeping to come and change bed. They did. Further investigations found torn curtains, food crumbs under bed. We just sleep between the bedspread and the blanket.....yikes. Was tired had to get up very early the next morning for flight. When we inquired at the desk at 5 am for shuttle, we were THEN informed that to leave our car it would be $7.00 a day!!!! Really? When I mentioned there was nothing on the website that indicates you pay extra for parking, the desk clerk just looked at me and shrugged her shoulders,said there was nothing she could do. Asked for mgr, not here yet, of course not! Since we were choice club members and paid for room in advance, you would think they waive part if not all of the fee, since THEY made the mistake, but that would involve some CUSTOMER SERVICE!! We could have stayed at another hotel if I had that bit of info, so we had no choice but the pay the addtion fee. if you don' t advertise this then it's a rip off as you are holding the people hostage when at 5 am they have no other reprecussions. Coming back at 12 midnight, one would expect just a few minutes wait, but no, we waited about 45 minutes. Meet another couple on shuttle that use Jet N Fly, about 2 miles from hotel. Fee was either $8 or $9 a day. Next time we will just drive up and do this and save about $100 for a nasty room and don't care attitude.

Room Tip: Find another hotel near the airport
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AVN_24

Travellers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed here when we flew out of O'hare. The shuttle service to the airport was fine. We arrived back in Chicago at 3 am the following week and had no issues getting a shuttle back to the hotel. We finally got into our room by 4 am and we were fast asleep. The room was ok, nothing fancy at all. We put the DO NOT disturb sign on our door because we had asked for a later check out. We thought we could sleep in. We were wrong!! Not once but TWICE the cleaning people tried getting into our room, and they were not quiet about it. The noise at the hotel was very loud. Not sure how the people cleaning could make so much noise but they sure did!!! So much for a late check out. We were out of the hotel by 11am.
Next time I would look for a more updated hotel with updated rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackmuk7
United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel needs an update! The rooms are outdated and smell terrible. I was afraid to sleep in the rooms they were so gross. The front desk staff was very rude at checkin AND checkout. I would NEVER stay at this hotel and NEVER recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
White Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 19 November 2013

In my travels I've regarded Quality Inn to be perhaps one of the most Jekyll-and-Hyde hotel chains, sometimes, the property is perfectly fine, other times, its quite mediocre. This is my second stay at this property, and similar to the last time, I'd regard it as one of the decent to better Quality Inn properties I've stayed at.

The room wasn't totally updated but had carpet that looked to be recently replaced. Weird setup to the room with a armoire that held the old TV (no flat screen here) at an angle where it cut off part of the room behind it. They might want to look into changing the set-up of the room to maximize the space and make it look bigger. Bathroom looks to also have been recently renovated and while not glamourous in any way, was clean and functional. The A/C unit was difficult to regulate - it had a wall-mount thermostat and also had controls on the unit. We had to turn it up to 75 to keep things warm in the room which I thought slightly odd as we typically don't have to do that at home.

If I remember correctly (it was six years ago), I had a first floor room on my last visit. This time I was on the second floor. There was no elevator, so keep that in mind if you have a second floor room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
LA
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while passing through Chicago. We choose the hotel because they had a discount coupon in the discount hotel magazines. The hotel is used quite a bit by airline flight crews. The hotel itself was fine for the $50 a night we paid but at that rate we didn't get breakfast or Choice hotel points. The main negatives were the less than friendly or helpful front desk staff and the location. If you need to stay near the airport this may be OK but otherwise I would skip it. Also the area isn't the best or very interesting. The room was OK.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Shuttle came right away and drops you off right across the street from their parking facility at the hotel. Average hotel offering average fare. Hotel and room was clean, comfortable and a 15 min shuttle from the airport. Shower was hot, towels clean, bed comfy. No carpet stains or notable challenges. AC worked fine. Only hot thing at the breakfast buffet was the waffles and coffee unless you also count the hot water to make instant everything else. No microwave to warm the boiled eggs and bananas were more than overripe. All in all just a so-so experience with a so-so price.. Ask for a room not on the same side as the freeway. This is a reasonable place to rest if you're staying over between flights.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the freeway. You'll get a better night's rest.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park

Been to Quality Inn O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!