“Good place if on a low or medium budget”

Quality Inn O'Hare Airport
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The best thing I found with staying here is the complementary transport too and from O'Hare Airport which from there you can get the train into the central city. The Hotel itself is a bit on the tired side, but that said the room I had was comfortable, and quiet. The wifi worked fine. The Breakfast was fine. The staff professional and friendly. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting Chicago.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank JK1791

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I'm no prude. By any means. However, when we checked into our hotel last weekend for what was to be a two night stay, the room we were given was a bit (ahem) on the 70's side.

The room itself wasn't too clean. The carpet wasn't vacuumed and the stains were plentiful. It really felt like someone rushed through the cleaning. I don't know what the other rooms were like, but this one was lacking some needed TLC. We did have problems getting the door to lock, but after a maintenance guy showed up and worked on the door handle, it appeared to work better.

The feature of the room was the mirror, or should I say, the ENTIRE WALL behind the bed was a mirror. I'm not talking about a large one placed over the bed in a picture frame... I'm talking the whole wall - floor to ceiling (with the requisite dimmer light attached in the center).

Now, I use mirrors. Who doesn't? Checking hair and clothes before you leave the room is pretty standard. But I don't need an entire wall to see if I have a fuzz on my jacket. Nope. I'm pretty sure this was, at least at one time, the Groovy Room....

So, if you want an interesting experience in what you might get when you open your hotel room door (clean, dirty, sexy?), I would stay here. Not a first choice recommend, but will do in a pinch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue R
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Was very surprised when I checked into this motel, the rooms are very clean, the fixtures are older but well kept and clean. The front desk lady was pleasant but did not know much about the area or about the motel. WiFi system is terrible and needs to be upgraded and taken care of by the motel, currently it is worked by a out of area tech that you have to deal with on the telephone, took three calls and about an hour and a half to get them to get me on line. Not very good with our English language. This motel would do better if they handled their own wifi and taught their own people how to reboot it when necessary.
Do not bother eating dinners or lunches in the restaurant in this motel, terrible over priced ribeye steak, lousy choice of vegetables, no dinner rolls, very small over cooked baked potatoes, no dinner salad. Very dark and dingy restaurant with a very loud music box. Will never eat there again.

Room Tip: Do not eat any meals in the motel restaurant, very very over priced for the poor quality of food ser...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel is in poor condition. Run down and dirty would be the best description. But what really turned us off was the shuttle service. We stayed here for the park sleep n' fly. The hotel does not run the shuttle service, an outside company Avistar does. Our departure morning the shuttle was 10 minutes late and FULL because they pick up at the parking lot across the street. We had to stand. However, on our return we waited 1 hour to be picked up! 1 hour after a 4 1/2 hour flight and having to drive another 3 hours to our home put us at our breaking point. We called the hotel half a dozen times and always got that the driver was on his way. The shuttle was again packed upon our return and we had to stand. Very frustrating. We have stayed at other park sleep n fly hotels and this is the only one that also asked for our car keys. I would NOT recommend this hotel. Stay elsewhere!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank phatmom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

From a hotel standpoint: This hotel is adequate. Clean, fairly comfortable. Not 2mi's from the airport as it is advertised as being (maybe 2mi from an aerial view).

Service: We waited 5-10mins upon arrival for the front desk clerk to be present. The shuttle service is poor. Advertised as being every 15-20mins. Took 35mins to arrive in the morning. The way home was far worse: We started off in the wrong location at the airport because the map the hotel gives you is very poor for the average person who doesn't know the in's and out's of the Chicago O'Hare airport. After we located the right spot, it took the shuttle 45mins in between trips with only ONE shuttle driver servicing the Quality Inn and other hotels. The Quality Inn does not have their own shuttle service. We saw other local hotel shuttles 2-3x as often as ours.

Choose another option if parking and flying.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

fine hotel for overnight at airport. Nice shuttle to airport. Room was clean and comfortable. I came in and went right to bed. I was awakened by someone trying to key into my room. I yelled and they went away. Then a call from the desk asking me if hadn't changed rooms. No, same room that you put me in (checked the key tag to be sure. This was a free night from choice privileges, so no receipt in the AM. A few days later, I saw that my credit card had been charged $200. for smoking. Front desk said they found ashes and butts in the room. I do not smoke- never have- and am allergic to smoke. She wouldn't help and I couldn't reach the manager. Finally on Monday, I called and the manager was able to work out the problem and reversed the charges. Thanks Andy for your help.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn before flying out of O'Hare. The hotel itself is adequate and has an attached restaurant. The rooms were clean and also adequately equipped. The parking lot at the hotel is close and the parking is easy. A free breakfast buffet starts at 6 a.m. in the restaurant, which is a nice added bonus. We were impressed by the promptness of the shuttles that run to and from O'Hare. We waited less than 10 minutes when departing and the same for our return. We would definitely use this hotel for a park, sleep, fly again. You can't beat a good night's sleep, a free breakfast, and shuttles to and from the airport for under $80.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Best Western Plus O'Hare International South Hotel
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park

Been to Quality Inn O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!