“Great alternative near O'Hare”

Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I live in the Chicago/O'Hare area and needed a place to stay when heavy storms knocked my power out. The Hampton Inn provided just what I was looking for -- a comfortable night's sleep without the exorbitant rates found at many "airport" hotels.

The parking was convenient, safe and free, service at check-in was extremely friendly and efficient, and the room was FAR better than expected for a hotel that is rated under 3 stars. Everything there seemed fairly new and was in excellent condition, and free wi-fi and breakfast after a fantastic night's sleep made it an even better value. I noticed the free shuttle to the O'Hare terminals when arriving and departing the property, and couldn't help but think -- what a perfect place to stay for airport convenience at half the price!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here with the Park and Fly option. This is a great option if you are flying out of O'Hare and the dollars make sense over paying for parking lots. You get to park for up to two weeks for the price of one night's lodging. We checked in at 10:00 and left early the next day. The shuttle is shared with the Thrifty car rental next door, so it's an even better deal than some of the parking lot shuttles. If you know O'Hare, you know you have the go down to the tunnel and over to the Shuttle Center to get a shuttle to the parking lots. If you stay here and park here, you get the shuttle at the rental car curb right outside baggage claim. Nice. Staff always helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This hotel is very nice and I enjoyed my stay. The only thing I did not like is the shuttle service. I had the misfortune of needing to be picked up from the airport by their shuttle 3 times during my stay. All three times I ended up having to call the hotel to get the shuttle to come by. My average wait time was over an hour and twice the driver passed my the designated pick up point without stopping even though I was standing there waiting. They need to get their own shuttle rather than use Thrify. My reservvation also said my room had a refrigerator, but it wasn't there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank tonestace
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This hotel is very close to Ohare Airport. Easy access and free shuttle. Right next door to Thirfty Car Rental. The hotel staff is friendly and willing to go the extra mile to please all guests. Rooms are nice and comfortable. Free "hot" breakfast is available until 10am every day. Good selection including waffles, eggs, bacon and nice selection of breads, fresh fruit and assorted breakfast items. For a hotel located on a main road and near the airport there was not a lot of noise and so it was restful. Good, clean and friendly , a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank chicagogirl013
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We stayed at Hampton Inn recently. This is a nice & affordable airport hotel.
-The bedroom: clean and well renovated. The best part is the bed and the pillows, which are very comfortable. The TV also looks new. There are a microwave & a fridge.
-The bathroom: clean and bright. The only thing is that in our bathroom, the bathtub is a bit old and tired. I guess it is not made from ceramic so it has marks on it although it is clean.
-The complimentary breakfast: great, you will find not only cereals and pastries but also warm dishes such as waffles (that you can make all by yourself, so you can make one that suits your taste), scramble eggs, turkey links and sauteed potatoes. I am also surprised that they even served rice and different sorts of Japanese rice seasonings! I liked it but the rice is a bit too cooked for my taste (I am not Japanese, though, so I can't speak for Japanese customers).
-Parking: complimentary. Prior to making a reservation at this hotel, I had called other hotels under Hilton group and Hampton is one of two that offers complimentary parking.
-The noise: yes, it is a bit noisy as other comments already mentioned. At least, between 11 pm to 12 pm (before I fell a sleep), there was one big noise every ten minutes. I never stayed at any other hotel close to O'hare before, so I can't compare. However, since I am a good sleeper, it did not bother me that much.
-Staff: efficient yet friendly.
The swimming pool looked inviting but too bad we only had so little time so we did not swim.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Trisha_in_DC
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Updated, modern Hampton Inn. Rooms very clean, beds comfortable, coffee in room and resupplied. Flat screen tv, good hot breakfast with different hot items both mornings. Shuttle available, business center, friendly staff. A little tricky to drive into the Loop for work having to use the expressway, tollway and pay a toll so I would probably stay somewhere else if I had to commute downtown. No nearby restauranats so plan to drive or bring your food

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank chicagotoots
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Nicely upgraded hotel near O'Hare. Rooms are comfortable and quiet. The only downside is that there are not too many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: May 2011
Comfort Suites O'Hare
Comfort Suites O'Hare
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport? Share your experiences!