“NO AIR CONDITIONING”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Benson, Illinois, United States
“NO AIR CONDITIONING”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 6/30. The heat was bad outside and the air conditioner did not work in the room. It was awful.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Heidi K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Just 10 minutes drive to O'Hare International airport. Very good for getting a good night sleep before catching a plane. Reasonably clean. The manager has probably put quite some effort into making the place more pleasant, with nice flowering plants outside ground floor rooms. (Not recommended if you want to visit Downtown.)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leelee25
Lansing, Illinois
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I'm generally not a fan of Motel 6, but this property is actually very good. I stay here a couple times a year when I don't want to drive 50 miles home from work in a snow storm. For $50 a night you get a clean, updated room, comfortable bed, decent bathroom and sink area, and good number of cable stations. There's a Denny's next door and a fuel station across the street. The area is decent - I've always felt safe. The place could use more or better vending machines and less noisy heaters. This property looks in better shape than the next cheapest option, which is a Quality Inn a couple of miles away.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Rainydock
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 November 2011

When I first came to Chicago in 1995. My friend and only had 2000 dollars and we needed a place to live. We found this Motel 6, actually by mistake. It serves it's purpose. That's all I can say.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Jimmy J
Indianapolis
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I've used Motel 6 for a lot of my travels, and this stay was very similar to the rest. Good, clean room. Nothing special, just a bed, bathroom, TV. It's cheap, and I got the shower and sleep I needed after a long day of travel from Europe. Even the nearby planes from the airport could not stop me from sleeping. Although irritating, they weren't frequent, and not so loud that it would be a bother on a normal night for me, although I could see it being so for some.
There were minor difficulties that kept this from being a 5 star review. The bed was rather small for a Queen, and it was me, my 2 year old and my wife. With no crib with us, and none in the hotel, we expected to have him sleep between us. It was rather cramped.
Our kid likes to take baths, and play in the water. Well, the stopper for the tub wasn't working, so we had to shower with him instead.
When checking in, I was told we were getting a handicapped accessible room. The bed would be even smaller, and no tub. After telling the lady at the desk that I'd been traveling from Europe, she "found" a cancellation. I guess that's a plus and minus, although some poor guy will only think of it as a minus.
Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Queen isn't really a Queen. I'd pick a double and put the kid in the other bed if you can.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank paxman356
Easton,MD
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I'm gonna skip the wordy cliche review, and do a pro/con list.

Pros:
-Room was 42.99 for 2 people with 2 beds. The room was clean, and recently updated to the new motel 6 "euro chic" look.
-The staff was ok.
-Parking is plentifull, even though the place was almost full when I checked in.
-Beds were comfortable, sheets were clean.

Cons:
- Screaming kids/people running around at all hours of the night.
- Police cars were in the parking lot, and uniformed police officers on walkie-talkies were walking around the next morning. I do not know what was happening.
- Prostitutes were there, regardless of what the staff said. (men coming in and out of a few rooms, escorted in by "strange women", who also loitered around looking for Johns)

This place may boast a decent room at an agreeable price, but the clientel of the motel made me feel unsafe, and the screaming and yelling kept me up and worsened my bad feeling. I would not recomend this motel to women traveling alone, family, or anyone who can afford to pay $20.00 extra to go find somewhere more safe to stay.

Room Tip: ask for the newly updated rooms, which have new bedding, new furnishings, and are very well decorate...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank thisguyistoofly

Travellers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Felt safe. Room was clean, however money I saved on room, I spent on cab to get to O'Hare. ($20) Next time, would stay at classier hotel with free airport shuttle.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a room toward the back (3rd building), top (2nd) floor for most qu...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
#8 of 18 in Rosemont
Best Western At O'Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
#17 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Motel 6 Chicago O'Hare - Schiller Park? Share your experiences!