“Air freshener anyone?”

Motel 6 Chicago O'Hare - Schiller Park
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Well...took a punt and WORST every experience :( (this coming from a guy that stayed in backpackers for the last 4 weeks all over Canada and America)
Walked from train station....make sure you research places that have free shuttle from airport as a better option than this DUMP!
Arrived, checked in behind a guy that got room for 50% off because AIRCON not working in room.
Asked why discount and informed that "regular customer", did not want to move rooms.
Went to my NON SMOKING room and disgusting smell of smoke.
Basically NON SMOKING room is an ashtray turned upside down with sticker of NON SMOKING sign on it.
Complained and told ashtray for keys??????
Told no more rooms available and handed a bottle of AIR FRESHENER to spray myself. USELESS!
No discount.
Not informed that WIFI is only for ONE device...they did give me another code but informed coming out of checkin chick wage...whatever.....If you do take the chance to stay here just use the BURGER place in the carpark that has FREE WIFI!
Complained via website...got an apology PDF response. POOR FORM.
STAY HERE AT OWN RISK.
Most expensive stay on trip to rub salt into wounds...$70 on Sunday night.
I think the AIRPORT floor would have been a better experience.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere AVOID at all costs!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank GREG P

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Just 10 minutes drive to O'Hare International airport. good for getting a good night sleep before catching a plane. Reasonably clean. The manager has probably put quite some effort into making the place more pleasant, with nice flowering plants outside ground floor rooms. (Not recommended if you want to visit Downtown.) The area still feels uncomfortable with hood rats lingering around. Questionable activities observed. I reserved this via the web and feel rather disappointed in my selection. This place was mis-represented and needs more work to be considered welcomed and safe.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Twister7096
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 6/30. The heat was bad outside and the air conditioner did not work in the room. It was awful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Heidi K
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Just 10 minutes drive to O'Hare International airport. Very good for getting a good night sleep before catching a plane. Reasonably clean. The manager has probably put quite some effort into making the place more pleasant, with nice flowering plants outside ground floor rooms. (Not recommended if you want to visit Downtown.)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leelee25
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I'm generally not a fan of Motel 6, but this property is actually very good. I stay here a couple times a year when I don't want to drive 50 miles home from work in a snow storm. For $50 a night you get a clean, updated room, comfortable bed, decent bathroom and sink area, and good number of cable stations. There's a Denny's next door and a fuel station across the street. The area is decent - I've always felt safe. The place could use more or better vending machines and less noisy heaters. This property looks in better shape than the next cheapest option, which is a Quality Inn a couple of miles away.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rainydock
Reviewed 6 November 2011

When I first came to Chicago in 1995. My friend and only had 2000 dollars and we needed a place to live. We found this Motel 6, actually by mistake. It serves it's purpose. That's all I can say.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Jimmy J
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I've used Motel 6 for a lot of my travels, and this stay was very similar to the rest. Good, clean room. Nothing special, just a bed, bathroom, TV. It's cheap, and I got the shower and sleep I needed after a long day of travel from Europe. Even the nearby planes from the airport could not stop me from sleeping. Although irritating, they weren't frequent, and not so loud that it would be a bother on a normal night for me, although I could see it being so for some.
There were minor difficulties that kept this from being a 5 star review. The bed was rather small for a Queen, and it was me, my 2 year old and my wife. With no crib with us, and none in the hotel, we expected to have him sleep between us. It was rather cramped.
Our kid likes to take baths, and play in the water. Well, the stopper for the tub wasn't working, so we had to shower with him instead.
When checking in, I was told we were getting a handicapped accessible room. The bed would be even smaller, and no tub. After telling the lady at the desk that I'd been traveling from Europe, she "found" a cancellation. I guess that's a plus and minus, although some poor guy will only think of it as a minus.
Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Queen isn't really a Queen. I'd pick a double and put the kid in the other bed if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Comfort Suites O'Hare
Comfort Suites O'Hare
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park

Been to Motel 6 Chicago O'Hare - Schiller Park? Share your experiences!