“Home from home”
other travellers have booked this property
Idyllic cowshed with direct access to the moor in Pembrokeshire National Park
View from the moor to Trallwyn Cottages + Carn Meini Trallwyn Converted Cowshed living room with wood stove
Check Availability
Cowshed main bedroom
Cowshed galleried bedroom
Misty morning at Trallwyn
Wild pony on the moor
The wild beauty of the moor
Carn Meini home of the bluestones
The Dreaming stone by Trallwyn Cottages
Barafundle Bay Pembrokeshire
Carew Castle Pembrokeshire
Puffins on Skomer island in June
Cenarth Falls, great for fishing, coracles+salmon leap
Trallwyn Converted Cowshed Pembrokeshire
Beautiful midwinter sunrise at Trallwyn Cottages
Pottery drying in the sun-you can join a pottery workshop on for a creative few hours - Ask Anna
You can throw  pots on the wheel or do handbuilding...
Handbuilding pots in the Pottery workshop...on site
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lisawoods
Warminster
“Home from home”
Reviewed 23 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

7th year to Trallwyn and second time staying in the enchanting cowshed. Not one for repeat visits anywhere ...
There is just something right about this place. Is it the home from home feeling that leaves you feeling rested on arrival, or being a gateway away from the open moorland or the majestic hills and history that encircle the cottages? What ever it is it calls you back for more and I know we are not alone in that. The cowshed is a quirky cottage with little hints of the owner dotted here and there, in the quirky stair case, the little cave bedroom and little pots of wild flowers there to welcome you.
I don’t know where else you can go and get so much on your doorstep. Stone circle, woodlands, dolmens, bleeding yew trees, stunning coastline and a sense of peace away from time.
I have over the years stayed in most of the accommodation. Retreated here with husband and friends and dog. Each year is as magical as the one before.
If you like relaxation, if you like to be somewhere that feels like home rather than a soulless box you will love it.
Throw your wellies in the car and go!

25 May 2018
Thank you Lisa for a wonderful review....I love it when you come and stay!
And can't wait to see you here again in October...All the very best Anna x
Resort445...
“Was just the break I needed, filled me right back up again... And I absolutely adore the woodburner!”
Reviewed 7 May 2018 for a stay in March 2018

I've been coming to Trallwyn at least once a year since 2013, sometimes more, when I discovered this gorgeous gem of a place and first met Anna (the owner). The cowshed is my absolute favourite of the properties, with it's lovely energy and quirky charm and gorgeous, cosy woodburner, although I've stayed in a couple of the other properties also and they're all lovely, cosy and unique in their own ways. I always feel welcomed on arrival with a lovely smile from Anna and a cosy wood burner on the go. And as well as my own personal holidays I've sometimes brought clients here to stay, whilst I work with them within the beautiful nature around. The location is absolutely stunning in all weathers, having been there in the winter, summer and spring. I love the moors, so raw and wild and the surrounding mountains for walking, with the different parts of the coast a relatively short drive away. Feels very elemental to me and I always feel refreshed and revived upon leaving. My recent stay was as stunning as ever, this time with my boyfriend and his dog. Although we had snow in the middle May, it was still as enjoyable as always, our lovely, energising walks followed by snuggles in front of the burner. I highly recommend the Cowshed and Trallwyn cottages to anyone who is looking for a nourishing place to retreat to, who loves cosy fires and stunning nature. We'll certainly be coming back again, at least one more time this year. Thank you Anna, for sharing your beautiful home, in such a welcoming way xx

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
9 May 2018
Thanks you for a wonderful review Vicky! It is always great to see you...Looking forward to next time...All the best Anna x
George T
“relax!”
Reviewed 24 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

This is the most peaceful retreat you could ever wish for.
Central for coastal excursions as well as the discovery of burial grounds and other ancient sites.
Highly recommended.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
25 Jan 2018
I am so pleased you enjoyed the peace of Trallwyn...and all the beautiful countryside and coast as well as the ancient sites...thank your so much for your booking!
keelysolm...
Forest Row, United Kingdom
“Enchanted cottage in magical surroundings”
Reviewed 4 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

The most wonderful time , recharging at the cowshed. Get away from it all! Total tranquility and bliss to be experienced in this location - lose yourself in the hills, amazing views from bedroom window , I could stay and never leave this place ! Don't miss it!

5 Dec 2017
I am so glad you loved your stay in the Cowshed...and that you enjoyed this beautiful area...thanks so much for your booking!
pocahonta...
“A little piece of paradise”
Reviewed 1 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I was absolutely bowled over when i arrived at the cowshed. The pictures shown absolutely do not do it justice at all. This quaint, cosy little piece of heaven is what dreams are made of. Anna was an amazing host and made sure that the fire was on prior to our arrival, and that she was there to greet us. Everything was provided to ensure that you had a fab time and Anna didnt even mind us taking our beloved wolfie Bear. The cow shed was clean, welcoming and obviously loved with quaint little personal touches here and there. Im saving up to go again - this is definitely our go to place for a beautiful, quiet, romantic stay (and you MUST try Annas pottery classes!)

1 Jun 2017
Thanks Nickie...I am glad you enjoyed the Cowshed so much ...it was great having you all come and stay including Wolfie Bear...and I enjoyed doing pottery with you...I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
keelysolm...
Forest Row, United Kingdom
“Cowshed”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Had an amazing time in the cowshed ! It is the most stunning building with magical surroundings .
I come back time and time again, as this place feels like home . Lovely owner , my most favourite holiday destination . Be prepared to be enchanted ❤️

1 Jun 2017
Thanks Keely...it is always lovely to see you and Finny...I am looking forward to your next visit...as it is a joy to have you come and stay here!
k0sma
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 29 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

It's a beautiful part of the world to see and spend holiday with family. However we were very disappointed of Cowshed cottage we stayed in. Pictures available on Ana's website doesn't show the reality. We felt it was too pricey for the conditions we had to face. We thought that its ridiculous that we had to pay additional money for heating and electricity!.. also we felt and smelled damp walls and bed covers etc shower and toilet were in very very basic condition and it has been neglected for a long time. Nothing was cleaned and " refreshed" before our arrival. You could find All kind of insects in the cottage including spiders, moths, bees,ants and many many more. You just couldn't feel safe. Dust was everywhere and I can't even describe what we have found under the sofas!!
My 5 year old boy refused to have shower for 2 days because he didn't want to have shower in " dirty" shower area.
Anna was constantly informing us what we can and can't do.. e.g take the shoes of before entering the cottage, lower the music when we had BBQ.
I understan her point of view however she wasn't even aware that we had fun and integrated with other people who were there at the same time and no one was complaining apart from her.
We felt that for the price we paid it was unfair to be told off for things like that.
Plates and kitchen appliances were so dirty and sticky that we didn't even wanted to touch it.
The area is amazing but we will definitely go somewhere else to stay next time.

2 Jun 2017
Thanks for your booking Kosma, it was a shame you were unhappy with the Cowshed because most of our guests love it so much and many come back time and time again. The price was higher than a normal weekend in May because it was the May Bank Holiday weekend. We include a basket of logs, a basket of kindling and the fire is laid and ready to light. After which we do charge £5 for further baskets of wood and we also have meters for the electricity at cost price and we inform people of this before they book.

The cottages are cleaned between guests staying and we always go in to freshen up and I personally put 5 vases of beautiful garden flowers into the Cowshed, porch, dining table, living room and bedroom and stairway the day you arrived.

Unfortunately I did receive 3 complaints from guests staying here about the music and noise levels of your group. Most people staying here are looking for a peaceful time away in beautiful surroundings. I hope you find somewhere else that suits you better for your next holiday. Best Wishes Anna.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing