“Worth the money”

Z Best Cafe on Main
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kewanee, Illinois
“Worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Z Best last week. We went on a Tuesday night when they have their $26 for 2 menu special. A person can choose an appetizer and a desert to share. Each person can choose an entree. We had the spinach artichoke dip for an appetizer, and a brownie turtle sundae for desert.
My husband had barbecued chicken and I had the tuscany chicken pasta for entrees.
The servings were delicious and generous. We will be going back. It is a nice place to take out
of town guest.

• Visited March 2014

Athens, Illinois
“Shocked!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here knowing this place is usually busy and always needing to make reservations, so we had a plan incase they did not have a table available.... Luckily we got in.

I usually do not give full marks but the this is amazing for a small town restaurant. I had the Nawlings Gumbo which had clams in it and I was very impressed how fresh they were for being a small town and now where close to any place to get fresh seafood.

I most defiantly recommend this place.

Rochester, Minnesota
“Nice evening good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We had eaten here a few years ago and remembered it as very good.

Atmosphere is cozy and local. Interesting menu. Good wine selection.

We both had a filet mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans. Service was excellent. Food was better than average, not great and a bit expensive.

A bit of a surprise when paying they add 3.75% if you use a credit card. They prefer cash or local check. We weren't local.

Would go back but I wouldn't call it a "must return".

Geneseo, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Food is freshly made using local produce. Entrees came with perfectly prepared veggies. Lots of flavor.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank r81162
Willowbrook
“Sheffield Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

After past experiences with restaurants in small Illinois towns, the Z Best was a pleasant surprise. Food appears to be freshly made using local produce. Entrees came with perfectly prepared veggies - not something plopped out of a can - and the garlic mashed potatoes were delicious. There were 5 or 6 dessert choices, all sounded wonderful, went with the salted peanut caramel cake - great!

• Visited September 2013