“Great family hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Shiloh / O'Fallon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shiloh
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a terrific family hotel - love their mini suites with 2 queens & sofa sleeper! Pool & whirlpool were great warm temperature. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and inviting. My favorite is the warm cinnamon rolls! They were kind enough to offer a tray when I asked to bring some breakfast to sleeping family members. This breakfast space is large & open at all times. We were able to bring in 2 older relatives to share birthday cake after taking them out to dinner. Also desk clerk gave great recommendation for nearby restaurant. Will visit again!
There were 2 things keeping me from giving 5 stars. Wish the pool was open later than 10pm. My pet peeve at any hotel is having fewer sets of towels than number of people registered. This happened both nights - cleaning person said they can only leave 3 sets. So both nights I had to go to desk to get more towels. Easily fixed but aggravating!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel Shiloh / O'Fallon

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

From the map this hotel looked a lot closer to the Gateway Arch in St. Louis -- I was frustrated that it seemed so far from downtown -- but the nice desk agent / Manager assured me it was only 20+ minutes and he was right - even with construction (this was a Tuesday morning).
For the price, this was a good place to sleep and the free breakfast is always hosted by the NICEST STAFF (at every HIX).
We didn't get the larger suite room that I prefer so it's a bit cramped for 2 adults and 2 growing kids.
They really need to provide a bench or luggage rack along the long, empty wall Next to the TV console to help older folks not have to bend to the floor to get their clothes, or, put a road grimy suitcase up onto the bedspread!!

Good location that's convenient to MANY stores/restaurants/etc.... Ask for directions to Bandana's BBQ, it's worth the 8 minute drive!

• Stayed: July 2014
Tara R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Shiloh / O'Fallon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear CONearNative1,
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express. As a valued guest and as a hotel who continues to strive for 100% Guest Satisfaction we carefully review and take very seriously the feedback from guests. We understand your time is valuable and want to “Thank you” in advance for taking the time to complete your review.

You indicated that we should have a bench for luggage, please accept our sincere apologies that your luggage rack was not available and rest assured we have taken steps to ensure all rooms have luggage racks.

We are glad to hear that with the directions given to you; you were able to get to the Arch (even with construction and on a busy weekday) in enough time to enjoy the day.

It is our promise to make your stay a truly memorable one and invite you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were a large robotics team and rented 21 rooms (2 Queen beds, non-smoking) for 4 nights in April 2014. As we were driving to the hotel from another state, Ashley Schmidt, group sales, called me to let me know our rooms were ready and to ask if we needed anything else upon arrival. When we arrived, 12 of the 21 rooms had been changed to different types of rooms that did not have enough beds for all of our students, due to hotel overbooking. We had to spend 2 hours working with rude hotel staff who refused to help rearrange the rooms so we had enough sleeping spaces for everyone in the group. Also, some of the rooms were obviously smoking rooms, and even those rooms with non-smoking signs had been smoked in. Both the General Manager Kent Andrews and the owner of the hotel refused to do anything to help resolve this situation. We will never stay here again. The only positive part of this very frustrating experience was the delightful lady who was in charge of the breakfast area every day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Becky B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Shiloh / O'Fallon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Becky B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is disappointing to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay. We would love to have the opportunity to discuss your concerns in further details. I have sent you a private message to get additional information regarding you stay.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I sat in a disappointing room in Overland Park KS, yesterday, trying to figure out a place to reserve for my stay last night. Usually, when traveling alone, I stay at a Hampton Inn, but the one near here was charging $130 for AARP and I really think that's a bit steep. I hesitated to stay here because I read some worrisome reviews. Today, I could find only good reviews, but yesterday I could find only worrisome ones. Strange. ANYhow, this place is fine. Room is plenty large enough. Air conditioning works just fine. Bed is plenty comfortable enough. It's not as perfect as my own, but I'm fine with that. It's plenty quiet enough for me, but I'm not demanding absolute silence or that I have the place to myself. The breakfast was just fine, with all food groups adequately represented. I don't care too much about the cheerfulness of any staff, so long as they do their jobs properly. I'm not staying anywhere in order to make lasting friendships. But, the 3 young people with whom I've come in contact were exceedingly helpful and cheerful. Certainly can't hurt. I am holing up here for a couple of days in order to do a bit of work and relax a bit. This place will do just fine. It's very close to shopping and lots of different restaurants. That suits my purposes just fine. Feel totally safe in booking a room here. The unhappy reviews I found, yesterday, may have been totally truthful personal experiences---anyone can have a bad day in a place most people don't have bad days. But, I'm saying I expect you'll enjoy your stay here and be totally willing to return when you're in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Overall a very nice property in typical Holiday Inn Express style. Good breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms. The pool and hot tub were filthy. Pool water was green with the bottom slimy. The hot tub stunk so bad that when you turned on the jets, it smelled like mildew and some other foul stench. Hopefully they have cleaned both before the Memorial day weekend travelers arrived.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the back side to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Shiloh / O'Fallon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Mepo_Chris,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our property. It’s good to know that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, as well as the complimentary breakfast. On the other hand, it is regrettable that the condition of our pool and hot tub was a let down during your stay with us. Your concerns have been taken note of and I am confident that our hotel will take the necessary actions to prevent any further inconvenience.

Once again, thank you for writing a review and we look forward to serving you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed over Valentines Day weekend. They staff was very friendly. Quite possibly the best hotel breakfast we've had! The only complaint we had was the pool, hot tub and exercise room were under construction and we didn't know until we checked in. Other then that we had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank mistybrown7
Reviewed 27 December 2013

There are never any unpleasant surprises here. This time, we got outstanding service from Jake, a service-oriented, efficient young man who managed breakfast. This property is why we usually stay at HIE when we're at a chain--decent food, clean rooms, hassle-free wi-fi, and friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shiloh
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis O'Fallon, IL
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Shiloh/O’Fallon
La Quinta Inn & Suites O'Fallon, IL - St. Louis
Best Western Plus Mascoutah/SAFB
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, O'Fallon
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#6 of 12 in O'Fallon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel Shiloh / O'Fallon? Share your experiences!