“Clean,comfy,friendly & affordable!!”

Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean,comfy,friendly & affordable!!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel gets 5 stars from me! I have stayed I'm many hotels, this one is very clean, friendly, astonishing breath taking.It has option of smoking or non, and does not smell like smoke, it is also pet friendly which I didn't have a pet with me, but that is another reason how I know it is very sanitzed! There is the bar louie, get prices, awesome food, and the pool is amazing! Samuel checked me in this time great customer service skills very friendly and made sure everything with my stay was up to my standards. I've stayed at other holiday Inns, usually by O'hare, nothing compared to here! Hands down totally worth every minute and penny of my stay, I highly recommend this, and you will not be disappointed, I will be back!!

• Stayed April 2014
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and recognizing our wonderful hotel and friendly staff members. It is indeed delightful to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future and should you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me to handle all arrangements and personally ensure your comfort.
Mirza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I don't seem to agree with recent reviews because this was a really good hotel in my opinion. When you enter the hotel, you are greeted by wonderful employees at the front desk who are helpful in every way possible? Need a taxi? They'll call it. Need to know how to get a Ventra card? They'll tell you where to go. Sitting on the corner of Niles Center Road and West Touhy is a blessing - there are many restaurants, shopping choices, and walking is a breeze through the Village Crossing shopping district.

While I never visited Bar Louie, I did explore the hotel's insides - a small gym that is very nice and the only way you can get in is with a room key (so not just anyone can walk in, thankfully). The one issue is that people can just watch you work out, but maybe that's just me. I never went to the indoor pool nor the hot tub but that's because every time I wanted to, there were other people there, and I didn't want to share. The big issue - the distance to the 'L' train - it's a 30 minute walk down Niles Center, then a right on Oakton. That's the biggest issue.

This is a really good hotel in an industrial area of Skokie. The room is nice, each room has a fridge and microwave thankfully, a large bathroom, and great views of West Touhy Avenue from the 2nd floor. However, book directly from Holiday Inn's website, not Priceline because you can't receive IHG Rewards points if you book from a third party. This is a good hotel in a great area with good service. I will stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TheInternationalist
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your kind review of Holiday Inn Skokie. It is indeed delightful to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind feedback and we are very encouraged by it. It is been a pleasure serving you and we look forward to having you back with us again.
Warm Regards,
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 April 2014

First the location: away from the city, far from the airport, in a industrial/ residential area between a Mcdonald's and a Burger King. There is an indoor pool in the lobby and the entire place smells like chlorine, including the rooms and everything you have after a day or so. There is no parking available after 8:00 pm. The restaurant has a lunch and dinner menu at par with any Chilli's but the breakfast is horrible. The room was clean and the maintenance guy took care of the plumbing issue we had in due time. We were there for a conference and it seamed that everyone agreed that the venue was below expectations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay. It is disappointing to learn that we have failed to provide a fulfilling experience and we would like to extend our sincere apologies. The parking and pool issue is noticed and we will take action about it. Nonetheless, thank you for sharing your insights with us and we hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Mirza

Travellers are raving about these Skokie hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were placed here after using hotwire so we got a deal on the room. Had I been paying the regular rate I would have been very upset. The window in our room only had a sheer curtain with no black out drapes to draw so the privacy was terrible and there were street lights on all night outside our room. Since there were no blinds of blackout drapes the lights kept us up all night. When we returned to our room after being out all day the made looked like she hadn't even been there to clean. When we checked in they told us they had upgraded our room. I would hate to see what we would have been in had we not been updraded.

• Stayed April 2014
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Skokie. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused you. We are truly sorry for the negative experience you had with our rooms. Your comments are very important to us as it helps us in our never ending task to better ourselves and our services. This is not a normal routine for our property and I will make sure to follow up with our staff. I will ensure that proper support will be given in the future and give us another opportunity.
HAMILTON
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at this Holiday in for 6 nights. Had we been paying rack rate we would have moved out. This is an old hotel most of which previously had outdoor corridor entry. They have enclosed those outdoor corridors so that the window in most rooms looks out to the enclosed corridor. We were in room 267 which faces the back of the hotel and was fairly quiet. Rooms numbered 1000-4000 are newer I suspect. One of the positive things was the revamped air ventilation system which worked well in the room, but since there aren't heating vents in the bathroom is was generally cold. Neither of us wanted to take showers..it was that cold. I should also mention the 2 floor join covers, one as you enter the bathroom and the other in the bathroom on which I stubbed my toe more than once. They both needed a good cleaning with ammonia.

The room includes a fridge & microwave which was very handy for our longish stay. My main concern with the room was how dirty the floors were. We found items on the floor which must have been left by the last inhabitants. It took two calls to the front desk to get an acceptable vacuum job and the sheets changed. My husband found little black specs on a pillow.

I went down to the business center in the hope of printing 1 page. The printer required new ink. I used the phone in the room to call the front desk and told them I'd return after lunch to do my printing. When we returned there were 2 others hoping to print and the ink had not yet been changed in the printer. My hubby and one of the others went to speak with the general manager who was not there. Four hours later I phoned down to ask if the ink had been replaced and was assured that it was just done. I went downstairs only to find that it had still not been changed. Unbelievable. Once they finally changed the cartridge they didn't know how to clear the printer queue so they just let it print. I was able to find my job in the pile.

We had lunch and breakfast in the restaurant and were pleased with all meals.

They've done a beautiful job on the lobby area. We arrived on a Saturday night and had to fight our way through people to get to the front desk. I assume that they were attending whatever the event was in the ballroom. There was one morning we had a hard time getting to the front door because there was a job fair in the ballroom and people were lined up in the lobby blocking the front entrance. One would think that a hotel employee might have found a way to loop them around so that the entry was not blocked.

The pool/hot tub and the exercise room looked good although we did not use them. This hotel is located right off the Edens Expy which is handy for driving to DT Chicago. There is also lots of shopping the immediate area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool and restaurant (inner courtyard) have the potential of being noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank haz7
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very crucial and thank you for providing an honest assessment of the hotel. Regarding the service you experienced we are taking the necessary steps to prevent in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the property in the future.
Respectfully,
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am staying at this hotel only because this is where my company has placed me and they are paying for my room. I have checked in with a group of people and the experience was horrible from the first person we spoke to. There was an odor when you walked in the hotel. I couldn't tell what it was but it was horrible. I believe it may have been coming from the bar. I'm not sure if it was gas, cleaning products, or what, but it was terrible. Check in was a bit rocky. We asked about breakfast and was told it wasn't included - we had to point out to the front desk agent that our rate included breakfast. The hotel is very old. Rooms are very dirty. It looks like they've got a big bed with updated tv and sheets, but that is about it. I had an inside room facing the bar and indoor pool. The blackout curtains wouldn't close all the way so anyone could walk by my room and see inside at any point. I could go on and on nit-picking all of the little things that irritated me with customer service but I'll save that for the manager.

Room Tip: Do not get a room that faces the atrium. The "atrium" is the middle of the hotel where the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us regards to your experience. You are a very valuable guest to us and we never want to jeopardize the way you feel about Holiday Inn Skokie. I am sorry that your experience with our hotel was less than you expected. We strive to ensure that every guest experience to their utmost satisfaction, and it is obvious we did not meet those expectations. I will ensure proper support will be given in the future. Please accept my apologies, and give us another opportunity.
Monticello, Illinois
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had read mixed reviews on the Holiday Inn Skokie, so I was a bit leery. However, upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised by the welcoming lobby, friendly front desk service, and HUGE guest room in the executive tower. The building is clearly older, but it was clean, well maintained, and updated.

There was a major snowfall the night we were there. I was kept up all night by the sounds of the plow scraping the parking lot. I suppose it couldn't be helped, but it wasn't a restful stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our service as well as our facilities to your liking. I was especially pleased that our associates made you feel welcomed and took good care of you during your visit, you may rest assured that your comments have been shared with them. I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the near future.

Mirza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Rogers Park
Hampton Inn Chicago North - Loyola Station

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)? Share your experiences!