“Excellent hotel & Service”

Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
“Excellent hotel & Service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room was very comfortable and the service throughout the hotel was excellent. The hotel was in an extremely convenient location just a short 3 minute drive to I-94. Although I did not avail myself of the other amenities, they were available.

Room Tip: Convenient location, excellent service, comfortable room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for sharing your review about your stay on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments about our location and friendly customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future.
Mirza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
Chicago
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Indoor lobby and room smell of chlorine. Got a deal on hotwire, otherwise, would've not stayed at hotel. Decor is nice as is lobby decor. However, room was noisey from neighbors in adjoining room separated by a door that did not block out the noise.

Vestibule outside room only amplified any sound from neighbors talking in a hallway. Bed was great, just noise level and chlorine smell were major deterents. Furniture just didn't seem to feel very clean (sticky, muggy).

Room Tip: Unless you love the smell of chlorine and sulfur and lack of good sleep, this is the place!
1 Thank J S
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent experience with us. We are sorry to read that your stay was less than satisfactory for you on certain aspects. As far as chlorine smell in the pool area we already corrected it. Despite your negative experience we do hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel so that we can demonstrate our products and services.
Mirza

Travellers are raving about these Skokie hotels

New York
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We have stayed at this property several times while visiting Mom on the north side of Chicago. The location is convenient for both expressways and major streets as well as the airport, and the free parking gives this hotel an edge over Evanston properties. There is plenty of shopping and casual dining within walking distance. Rooms are large and always kept clean and it is nice having a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. This time we had an upgrade to an "executive" room which was larger still and had a nice street view - great for watching the thunderstorms roll in! We also enjoy the pool/whirlpool area. What makes this hotel stand out is the friendly and efficient staff who go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Some rooms face into the atrium and can be dark.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to know that you have found our services and facility up to high standards. We are looking forward to welcome you in the near future.
respectfully,
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel was a disappointment in a number of ways. First, its design, which (at least in the lobby floor) is so outdated (even though it seems relatively newly renovated) that calling it retro would be an overstatement. The check in process (I arrived quite early) was a pleasure, with the help of a caring front desk person named Linda who has 30 years of experience and they show. After that, the experience went down hill. The room was large if dark and not very attractive. The first morning, I returned from my meetings at about 1:45 pm and the room had not yet been cleaned. I called down to the front desk to ask that it no longer was worth cleaning (I wanted to take a nap) but that I would request that towels be brought to the room. 15 minutes later, nothing, so I called again, said I'm going to sleep and they should please just put the towels outside the door. That was done. Breakfast in the hotel's restaurant is also a trip back in time and the buffet is unusually unattractive. I must add though that the wait staff were very courteous. The second morning I went to breakfast (at about 6:30 am) and the hotel was already out of newspapers. As a platinum member of IHG I usually have a paper outside my door but in this case, even at the front desk they were out. The clerk, who didn't seem too concerned, said that they were "all taken by guests" by 4:30 am! One would think that the hotel would order enough for all guests and certainly not only those leaving at that hour.

All in all, a poor stay.

Room Tip: The wing in the front is probably best in terms of location.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Skokie. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience durirng your stay with us. Your comments are very important to us as it helps us in in our never ending task to better ourselves and our services. I will ensure proper support will be given in the future.
Mahomet, IL
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed overnight for a conference at the hotel and was very impressed with their level of service. Parking was limited, but they gave us a placard to park in a special area and we were able to use it for the rest of day. Very friendly front desk staff and really made us feel welcome!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your recent review about the Holiday Inn Skokie on Trip advisor website. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your good comments to our staff about customer service you received from us. We hope to see you again in the near future.Thank you for your business.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed two nights in a king upgraded room and would recommend this hotel. The room was well appointed as it had plenty of working space at the desk and outlets for charging. Clean, roomy, and quiet. The staff were all helpful and friendly. Bar service good, breakfast was good as well. Good location with easy access to expressways, either north or south.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ted T
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your kind review of Holiday Inn Skokie. It is indeed delightful to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind feedback and we are very encouraged by it. It is been a pleasure serving you and we look forward to having you back with us again.
Warm Regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Given the price, I honestly did not expect much. The gentleman who checked me in was very helpful. I had booked online and for a king bed all I could get was a smoking room. Since I am not a smoker, this was not the most appealing choice. He went the extra step to search out a non smoking king room for me. The windows in my room faced the hallway and I was near the pool so I was concerned that it would be rather loud, but it was not at all. The room was very clean and the bed quite comfortable. Add in the free parking and this was a home run for me. I did not go in to the city at all on this trip, but the hotel is a very short drive to downtown Evanston which has a great night life. Plenty to do near by. I would absolutely recommend this hotel, and stay there again myself.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bridget1978
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor website. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially pleased with your comments about our associate and the fact that he go extra mile to get you a non smoking room. I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the near future.
Respectfully,
Mirza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Rogers Park
Hampton Inn Chicago North - Loyola Station

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)? Share your experiences!