“Priceline... Goods and Bads”

Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Downtown was booked and really pricey so we ended up bidding at 99$ a night for each of our two rooms.

Good:
Staff is trying to make up for working in a dump

Entrance and restaurant are nice

Reasonably priced for Chicago

Food and beer are great in the hotel restaurant. (Except for the breakfast buffet which I suspect is run by someone else)

Nice pool

Bads:

Rooms are small and old

One of our air conditioners was so loud we couldnt use it

No bathroom exhaust fans

Carpet is disguisting throughout the hotel. It make my feet black from 10 steps in the room

Restaurant isnt cheap $$$

Rooms near the pool are very loud because of the kids...

Workout room is a joke

Stayed: July 2014
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I was pleased with your comments about our associates that they made you feel welcome and well taken care of. We strive to ensure every guest experience to their utmost satisfaction. We hope to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

As many of the reviews stated this an older Holiday Inn with some wear visible. However, their staff bent over backwards to rectify a Hotwire booking issue (even though they didn't have to including giving us free breakfast vouchers). The room was clean and the bed was reasonably comfortable. Perfect location for North Chicago activities such as Cubs, Northwestern, Botanical Gardens just 4 miles North of the I-90/94 merge off I-94 on Touhy Ave west 1 mile.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your recent review about Holiday Inn Skokie. I am delightful to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your good comments to our staff. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your business.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here one night when my connection in Chicago canceled due to bad weather. There were no rooms anywhere nearer, so I took a chance with this and book by phone. Although this is listed at the airport as an airport hotel, there's no airport shuttle, so in desperation I took a cab ($30 each way). Imagine my surprise to discover that I would be charged $300 for an old, smelly, freezing cold smoking room! Despite a call requesting more blankets, none arrived. The ancient room air conditioner had been on full blast before I got there. I could also hear someone on the phone in the room next door late into the wee hours. This room rents for $156 online. If you have the misfortune to stay here, be sure to get the price confirmed ahead of time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank EllenDelller
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I am deeply sorry that your stay was not up to par. We strive to ensure every guest experience to their utmost satisfaction, and it is obvious we did not meet those expectations. Please accept my apologies and give us another chance.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I CANNOT BELIEVE Holiday Inn lets this motel operate under their brand! This is clearly an old 1960s motel that was poorly renovated over the years into an indoor hotel. I have been in rooms before that overlooked a pool and/or atrium but this room looked into a dark hallway! There was no window to the outside. I couldn't tell if it was 2 a.m. or 2 p.m.

The room itself was very small and there was no wardrobe. Other than that and the lack of an exterior window the room was clean and reasonably comfortable. However, I still can't get past the bizarre layout, strange design and horrible renovations. Make sure you get a room in the four story "tower" in the front or don't stay here at all!

Room Tip: Stay in the four story front tower or don't stay here at all.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jordan T

Dear Trip advisor Member,
We are very apologetic that your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive provide an exceptional stay for all our guests. You are a very valuable guest to us and we never want to jeopardize the way you feel about Holiday Inn Skokie. Please accept my apologies again and give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel on a busy Friday night. Check-in line was long and slow, but when I finally got to the desk I found the staff very nice and apologetic. I was given 2 chits for a free, hot, cooked to order breakfast as recompense. Very nice. Our king, executive suite was VERY nice, large, immaculate. Very comfortable bed, large flat screen TV. We did not take advantage of the pool or bar, but it looked like a busy place. Overall, we were very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Avoid staying in a room facing the street above the bar if you stay on a weekend. Somewhat noisy dru...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for sharing your review about your stay on Trip Advisor. We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for complementing our facilities, and the services rendered by our team members. We place great value with our clients and it has been pleasure to serve you. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Okay the appearance of this hotel is pretty normal...loads of food options right there for weary travelers but don't expect to sleep past 7 am. The Cleaning Crew went up and down the halls starting at 7am banging on every single door...and then started back up again at 8:30...I guess that was how long it took to bang on every single door in the place at least twice. The TV didn't work at all...called for help...but by the time they came it seemed to be working. Then in the morning after our rude awakening we tried to watch it again...and it wouldn't work again. Very Very Odd. The place was clean...well I would hope so...the place was huge...and poorly laid out design wise. My son said the wifi didn't work either....I was too busy fighting with the TV to notice. All in all...you get what you pay for....here I think we got a bit less.

Room Tip: park near your room...you can get away faster, and you don't need to wander the maze of halls an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dietdeity

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us regards to your experience. Your candid comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. I am sorry that your experience with room attendant knocking on the door and TV reception was less than you expected. We strive to ensure every guest experience to their utmost satisfaction, and it is obvious we did not meet those expectations. I will ensure proper support will be given in the future. Please accept my apology and give us another chance.
Respectfully,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This Holiday Inn is located just off the freeway, so you can be downtown in only 20 minutes. There is a Bar Louie connected to the property that serves breakfast, lunch & dinner. Very convenient, plus a nice bar to enjoy and not have to drive home. Rooms are comfortable, but rather small. Beds were comfortable as well.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the atrium, as the noise level coming from the indoor swimming pool can be...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Borntotravel365
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our leisure facilities as well as Bar Louie to your liking.I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the near future.
Mirza

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Rogers Park
Hampton Inn Chicago North - Loyola Station

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)? Share your experiences!