“Great Staff”

Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We spend 4 nights at the Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore.
The staff was wonderful and helpful.
When I checked in the clerk showed me where the elevator was, the pool, the exercise room etc.
The rooms were not large but very clean and well maintained for an older hotel.
The beds and pillows were great.
Would stay there again

Room Tip: Do not choose a room facing the pool if you want quiet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evelyn W
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and that our facilities and service levels delivered on the Holiday Inn promise. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may require.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Entire hotel smells like bleach everywhere including the room because of the indoor pool in the middle of the warehouse/hotel. the windows in the room don't open directly outside rather into the hallway. room looks like a bunker instead of a hotel room. the hotel should be rated as a motel rather a " Hotel " definitely ! Staff is cordial and pleasant but its not their fault that it sucks, definitely needs to be renovated or relocated or demolished. would not stay there again ever.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank M K

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
We are very apologetic that your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We did fixed the chlorine smell problem from the pool. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Hotel needs to be retired. It most likely was tired 15 years ago. Staff seems to be doing what they can with what they have. I feel sorry for them .Not what I would expect from a Holiday Inn. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank NettyNelson
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very apologetic that the conditions of the property did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have been a nurse all my life, and I am a senior citizen. I would like to compliment the staff and employees for being kind, efficient, and spending time and being courteous at the same time. From the beginning of my stay the clerks at the desk and manager all employees that have come in contact with me to allow my stay at Holiday Inn as being the best retreat and experience of my life.

Sue M. Moyer

P.S. Especially David at the front desk for helping me in the morning

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sue M
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for sharing your review about your stay on Trip Advisor website. We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for your positive comments about our staff, our services and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I always like to rate thing as high as possible but aside from the excellent staff the rest of our experience was just good without being excellent. The staff was incredibly friendly & helpful. As noted in other reviews, the hotel is an older one that was converted from exterior room access & external pool, etc., to an all interior facility. The conversion was done well and the amenities are nice, but the pool & spa close early at 9:00 pm. The pool facility is adjacent to a reception area and the internal "patio" makes it too open for my taste. Our room was clean & tidy but did reflect its early origin as the rooms are small, but not cramped. Large micro fridge with freezer, microwave, good flat-screen w/ DVD access all made our stay comfortable.

They have a Bar Louie in the center of the hotel, but while the drinks were excellent, the food was only average and appeared to be pre-processed across the board. Nothing we ordered could not have been made from scratch in their kitchen.

As an added issue, the side door access to our room was conveniently located only three doors away. However, the card access did not work, people continuously slide the doormat into the threshold to prop the door open for later access, but by whom? I was constantly kicking out the mat & using a less convenient door for access when entering. I did notify the staff but this must have been a maintenance issue that required a specialist, as it remained untouched during our three day stay.

Assuming they will fix the door access, I would stay at this hotel again, if the need ever arose, because the basics are all there. However, while it was just good, it has the potential of being much better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ramlorey

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are sorry to read that your stay was less than satisfactory due to outside door key was not working. We altready replaced the batteries and all outside doors are working. Despite your somewhat less expected experience we do hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Where do I start? There was a bug crawling on the floor in our bathroom. The hand-held shower was broken. The walls were so thin that when people entered the neighboring room at 1:20 a.m. with an overtired child, we heard the wailing and ranting of the child and the loud talking of the parents as clearly as if they were in the room with us.
There was also no exhaust fan in the bathroom.
The lighting was harsh fluorescent.
The rate was about $200/night. For a suburban hotel, we thought that would be sufficient to get something decent.
The free breakfast advertised on the website was not available to us for reasons not clear to me. When I questioned the front desk about it they simply said that it would depend on the rate paid. However, that is exactly the opposite of what the website had said, that free breakfast was available to all guests.
Enough about this terrible place. The only thing good I can say about it is that it was pet-friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Peggie T
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us. I am very sorry to read that your stay was less than satisfactory for you on certain aspects. We strive to ensure every guest experience to their utmost satisfaction, and it is obvious we did not meet those expectations. I will ensure that proper support will be given in the future. Please accept my apologies and give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Downtown was booked and really pricey so we ended up bidding at 99$ a night for each of our two rooms.

Good:
Staff is trying to make up for working in a dump

Entrance and restaurant are nice

Reasonably priced for Chicago

Food and beer are great in the hotel restaurant. (Except for the breakfast buffet which I suspect is run by someone else)

Nice pool

Bads:

Rooms are small and old

One of our air conditioners was so loud we couldnt use it

No bathroom exhaust fans

Carpet is disguisting throughout the hotel. It make my feet black from 10 steps in the room

Restaurant isnt cheap $$$

Rooms near the pool are very loud because of the kids...

Workout room is a joke

Stayed: July 2014
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I was pleased with your comments about our associates that they made you feel welcome and well taken care of. We strive to ensure every guest experience to their utmost satisfaction. We hope to welcome you in the near future.
Mirza

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
3 mi away
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago North Shore - Niles
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)? Share your experiences!