“Top Notch”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
San Francisco
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Personnel were polite engaging and accommodating. Very nicely appointed room. Easy to use Business Center. Nice touches like free fruit. Allowed late check-out. (Near high end mall shopping for those interested in that).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CaptCook711
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thanks for the great review! We value your business and hope to see you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Carshalton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was a fairly long term visitor to the Doubletree from April 2013 through to July 2013. The staff at the hotel were always friendly, polite, and helpful. Although there are a few restaurants nearby the hotel shuttle was willing to take and bring you back from other restaurants, shops and bars within around a 5 mile radius of the hotel meaning car hire was not essential.

The rooms are comfortable and cleaned daily if you wish and always cleaned to a high standard.

The general areas of the hotel were clean and comfortable.

Laundry service is provided on most days and if you have your laundry to the front desk by 8.30am it will be back in your room that evening.

Hotel pool is a little small but provides a relaxing outdoor area for the evenings or the weekends. The pool has comfortable sofa’s as well as sunbeds for guests to relax in the sun.

Jameson's provides the hotels meals and bar facilities. Again the staff here are all very friendly. The food is excellent and has a wide range to suit most dietary requirements. I met some great local people here as well as other hotel guests.

On a slightly negative side. The hotel provides for weddings and other celebrations. These are generally at the weekends but on these nights you may experience some noisy neighbours. However from my experience I was only disturbed 1 evening despite these celebrations being held most weekends I was there. This is not really something which the hotel can be blamed for though.

If I am ever back in Skokie this is where I will be staying.

1 Thank Edwin C
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Edwin,

Thank you for your kind words. As a frequent guest of our hotel, your comments are especially valuable. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to your future visits.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I am extremely pleased with the staff, convenient location and overall everything about this hotel! The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The front desk people are accommodating and patient even when they are currently hosting 2 large groups. The wine and cheese hour is a real treat.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tommicki
Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel and got to experience Wine Hour! We host our wine and cheese reception Monday - Thursday from 530pm-630pm and really enjoy getting to know our guests during the early part of the evening. I assure you, it's as fun for us as it is for you! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed here for business. Hospitality was incredible from check-in to dinner and a phone call from management to assure that all was as expected. I highly recommend dinner at Jameson's Original Charhouse - the hotel's restaurant. A great value and wonderful service. Since I was traveling alone, I ate at the bar. Nadia, the bartender, was really busy. But she treated me as if I was her first customer of the night. My steak was perfectly prepared. Wine list is not huge, but has great selections.

Terry,

I'm so glad you selected us as your hotel in the North Shore on your recent business trip. We truly value all of our guests and I'm so happy you felt welcomed by our staff, especially the front desk, manager, and Nadia in Jameson's. Your comments are truly valuable to us and to other future guests. Thanks for your business and for taking the time to review us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great, close to shopping and other amenities. The staff made me feel very welcome. The appearance of the hotel is very nice and the cleanliness is a great plus point! I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and plan to return. We are lucky to be so close to amenities such as Westfield mall and some great restaurants. Looking forward to seeing you again soon, thanks for your business!
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

The location of this hotel is great, close to shopping and other amenities. The staff is pleasant and attentive, the restaurant next door is a plus. The appearance is top notch and the cleanliness is great. Weather business or pleasure I would recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Pauline,

I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel! We take pride in providing our guests with an exceptional experience that we know they expect and deserve. Thanks again for your comments, we hope to see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed here for the sole purpose of having a business trip held in the conference centre downstairs. I arrived in the afternoon and the staff were very friendly and helpful although the hotel was pretty empty as well. I've never been to a DoubleTree before, do they all give cookies? That was a pleasant surprise so I'm quite satisfied.

The room itself was bigger than I expected! I've been staying in really small hotels lately in larger cities, so I guess Skokie isn't necessarily "in the city". I had a large king sized bed, a sitting area, the desk was spacious and there was just a lot of empty space in general that was very comforting and warm. The closet was a good size too. I was quite satisfied with all the offerings as a whole - there's a fridge, a large full length mirror and my view wasn't too outstanding but I wasn't here to see a view anyway.

One of the only few complaints I had was the bathroom. For such a spacious room, I was expecting a bigger bathroom... the counter was big enough, but the room itself was small. I couldn't sit on the toilet without having to close the door... I actually couldn't see the bathtub or reach for stuff in the tub without closing the door. I thought that was awfully inconvenient because it was just in the way of everything. Not very pleased with that. There was also no bathrobe in my room (for people that use one, you might be able to ask).

I was here for a business trip, so I can comment on the food, service and amenities as well. The hotel has one restaurant attached and it was mediocre... not great, but BIG portions. I ordered a salad and it was HUGE (I got roomservice so I was happy). The staff were very efficient with refilling refreshments, food and drinks when my collegues and I were in our meetings. Our meeting rooms were downstairs which was heavily air-conditioned so I recommend wearing layers if you're down there for long periods of time. Overall I have no complaints about the meeting itself and I appreciated how well kept the hotel was.

I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area. My company has a deal with DoubleTree in Skokie that offers packages and discounts so if I was ever in the area I'd take advantage of it. There's also a large mall and smaller plazas in the area which was great! Lots of shopping and places to eat if you don't want to be stuck inside - although I would recommend an umbrella on rainy days since it's all outdoors.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Cherrie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and post some picture of your room. I know other potential travelers truly appreciate such a detailed and fair review or your stay. I'm so glad you had a comfortable and productive meeting and stay with us. We are a great choice for groups as our IACC approved Executive Meeting Center and 2 large ballrooms provide comfortable space for both large and small groups. Thanks again for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!