“Preferred Location”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Bloomington, United States
“Preferred Location”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We prefer this hotel when we visit the Northshore because of its location. Across from a old orchard mall, short drive to beach, highways and downtown Evanston. We always enjoy the warm chocolate chip cookies, but wish they did not have nuts because my son has allergies. He is always left out.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Carol R
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Hi Carol,

Thanks for making the DoubleTree your preferred hotel in Chicago's North Shore. I'm glad you enjoy our signature chocolate chip cookies and I'm so sorry we don't have a version of them without nuts for your son. Our front desk would be more than happy to offer him another type of cookie from our gift shop the next time you visit so that he can be included in the welcome. Thank you for your feedback; we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Personnel were polite engaging and accommodating. Very nicely appointed room. Easy to use Business Center. Nice touches like free fruit. Allowed late check-out. (Near high end mall shopping for those interested in that).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CaptCook711
Thanks for the great review! We value your business and hope to see you back soon.
Carshalton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was a fairly long term visitor to the Doubletree from April 2013 through to July 2013. The staff at the hotel were always friendly, polite, and helpful. Although there are a few restaurants nearby the hotel shuttle was willing to take and bring you back from other restaurants, shops and bars within around a 5 mile radius of the hotel meaning car hire was not essential.

The rooms are comfortable and cleaned daily if you wish and always cleaned to a high standard.

The general areas of the hotel were clean and comfortable.

Laundry service is provided on most days and if you have your laundry to the front desk by 8.30am it will be back in your room that evening.

Hotel pool is a little small but provides a relaxing outdoor area for the evenings or the weekends. The pool has comfortable sofa’s as well as sunbeds for guests to relax in the sun.

Jameson's provides the hotels meals and bar facilities. Again the staff here are all very friendly. The food is excellent and has a wide range to suit most dietary requirements. I met some great local people here as well as other hotel guests.

On a slightly negative side. The hotel provides for weddings and other celebrations. These are generally at the weekends but on these nights you may experience some noisy neighbours. However from my experience I was only disturbed 1 evening despite these celebrations being held most weekends I was there. This is not really something which the hotel can be blamed for though.

If I am ever back in Skokie this is where I will be staying.

1 Thank Edwin C
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Edwin,

Thank you for your kind words. As a frequent guest of our hotel, your comments are especially valuable. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to your future visits.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I am extremely pleased with the staff, convenient location and overall everything about this hotel! The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The front desk people are accommodating and patient even when they are currently hosting 2 large groups. The wine and cheese hour is a real treat.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tommicki
Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel and got to experience Wine Hour! We host our wine and cheese reception Monday - Thursday from 530pm-630pm and really enjoy getting to know our guests during the early part of the evening. I assure you, it's as fun for us as it is for you! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed here for business. Hospitality was incredible from check-in to dinner and a phone call from management to assure that all was as expected. I highly recommend dinner at Jameson's Original Charhouse - the hotel's restaurant. A great value and wonderful service. Since I was traveling alone, I ate at the bar. Nadia, the bartender, was really busy. But she treated me as if I was her first customer of the night. My steak was perfectly prepared. Wine list is not huge, but has great selections.

Terry,

I'm so glad you selected us as your hotel in the North Shore on your recent business trip. We truly value all of our guests and I'm so happy you felt welcomed by our staff, especially the front desk, manager, and Nadia in Jameson's. Your comments are truly valuable to us and to other future guests. Thanks for your business and for taking the time to review us.
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great, close to shopping and other amenities. The staff made me feel very welcome. The appearance of the hotel is very nice and the cleanliness is a great plus point! I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and plan to return. We are lucky to be so close to amenities such as Westfield mall and some great restaurants. Looking forward to seeing you again soon, thanks for your business!
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The location of this hotel is great, close to shopping and other amenities. The staff is pleasant and attentive, the restaurant next door is a plus. The appearance is top notch and the cleanliness is great. Weather business or pleasure I would recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Pauline,

I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel! We take pride in providing our guests with an exceptional experience that we know they expect and deserve. Thanks again for your comments, we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!