“Great Hotel/Excellent Value”

DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great value and prime location. All staff was very attentive and prompt with any request. I enjoyed this hotel very much. And the location was perfect...minutes walk to ample shopping and convenient to the PAC. Great job!!! I will definitely being going back!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Jessica H
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thanks Jessica for the great review. I'm so glad you found our hotel to be a good value and you enjoyed our proximity to the Performing Arts Center. We have a great relationship with the theater and share many of the same guests. I'm so glad you will be back, we look forward to your future visits.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We prefer this hotel when we visit the Northshore because of its location. Across from a old orchard mall, short drive to beach, highways and downtown Evanston. We always enjoy the warm chocolate chip cookies, but wish they did not have nuts because my son has allergies. He is always left out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Carol R

Hi Carol,

Thanks for making the DoubleTree your preferred hotel in Chicago's North Shore. I'm glad you enjoy our signature chocolate chip cookies and I'm so sorry we don't have a version of them without nuts for your son. Our front desk would be more than happy to offer him another type of cookie from our gift shop the next time you visit so that he can be included in the welcome. Thank you for your feedback; we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Personnel were polite engaging and accommodating. Very nicely appointed room. Easy to use Business Center. Nice touches like free fruit. Allowed late check-out. (Near high end mall shopping for those interested in that).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CaptCook711

Thanks for the great review! We value your business and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was a fairly long term visitor to the Doubletree from April 2013 through to July 2013. The staff at the hotel were always friendly, polite, and helpful. Although there are a few restaurants nearby the hotel shuttle was willing to take and bring you back from other restaurants, shops and bars within around a 5 mile radius of the hotel meaning car hire was not essential.

The rooms are comfortable and cleaned daily if you wish and always cleaned to a high standard.

The general areas of the hotel were clean and comfortable.

Laundry service is provided on most days and if you have your laundry to the front desk by 8.30am it will be back in your room that evening.

Hotel pool is a little small but provides a relaxing outdoor area for the evenings or the weekends. The pool has comfortable sofa’s as well as sunbeds for guests to relax in the sun.

Jameson's provides the hotels meals and bar facilities. Again the staff here are all very friendly. The food is excellent and has a wide range to suit most dietary requirements. I met some great local people here as well as other hotel guests.

On a slightly negative side. The hotel provides for weddings and other celebrations. These are generally at the weekends but on these nights you may experience some noisy neighbours. However from my experience I was only disturbed 1 evening despite these celebrations being held most weekends I was there. This is not really something which the hotel can be blamed for though.

If I am ever back in Skokie this is where I will be staying.

1  Thank Edwin C
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Edwin,

Thank you for your kind words. As a frequent guest of our hotel, your comments are especially valuable. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I am extremely pleased with the staff, convenient location and overall everything about this hotel! The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The front desk people are accommodating and patient even when they are currently hosting 2 large groups. The wine and cheese hour is a real treat.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Tommicki

Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel and got to experience Wine Hour! We host our wine and cheese reception Monday - Thursday from 530pm-630pm and really enjoy getting to know our guests during the early part of the evening. I assure you, it's as fun for us as it is for you! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed here for business. Hospitality was incredible from check-in to dinner and a phone call from management to assure that all was as expected. I highly recommend dinner at Jameson's Original Charhouse - the hotel's restaurant. A great value and wonderful service. Since I was traveling alone, I ate at the bar. Nadia, the bartender, was really busy. But she treated me as if I was her first customer of the night. My steak was perfectly prepared. Wine list is not huge, but has great selections.

Terry,

I'm so glad you selected us as your hotel in the North Shore on your recent business trip. We truly value all of our guests and I'm so happy you felt welcomed by our staff, especially the front desk, manager, and Nadia in Jameson's. Your comments are truly valuable to us and to other future guests. Thanks for your business and for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great, close to shopping and other amenities. The staff made me feel very welcome. The appearance of the hotel is very nice and the cleanliness is a great plus point! I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and plan to return. We are lucky to be so close to amenities such as Westfield mall and some great restaurants. Looking forward to seeing you again soon, thanks for your business!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!