“coffee and carpets”

DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and the experience has been very positive. Two suggestions: the carpeting in room and hallways need to be cleaned and, it would be nice if complimentary coffee be provided for guests in the lobby area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your review and your suggestions. I'm glad you have had such a positive experience and I hope you will continue to stay with us! Your two suggestions are both very well taken and we have plans in the works to address them. Thank you so much for your business, we hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is the standard Doubletree Hotel experience, The room is adequate and the value is excellent. We always stay at the Hilton Orrington in Evanston (about 7 miles away) but this is half the price. The breakfast buffet is included in certain rates and is simply OK, The staff in the restaurant were LAZY even though I was the only customer for breakfast. I asked for cranberry juice and was told it was at the buffet. No effort was made to bring it to me. The lighting is awful for breakfast. You cannot read a newspaper unless you bring a flashlight to the table. It is 8am in the morning...put on the lights. Hotel desk was very polite and handled my request for a 9 am check in without any discussion. It is near all the shopping you need and only 45 minutes/1 hour from Chicago-downtown. Only 30 minutes from O'Hare Airport. Excellent. I will stay again.

1  Thank Mitchell F

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you find us to be a better value for your money than other hotels in the area and that our front desk staff was courteous and able to accommodate your 9am check in. I am very sorry that you didn't have as great of an experience in the restaurant. I can assure you that we take your comments seriously and have taken steps to address the issues you noted. We appreciate your business and I'm glad to hear you will be back.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

i have stayed at this hotel many times. never had any real problems. always clean. friendly staaff. only bad things are bathtubs that need some maintenance attention or replaced. i travel a lot and am very picky...this one is worth staying at

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you find us a good value and would recommend us, it truly means a lot. Your comments are well taken. We are actually in the process of refinishing all of our bathtubs and I'm sure on your next visit you will see the difference. They are great! We value you as our customer and appreciate your loyalty. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was in Chicago for a Croatian Soccer Tournament, the customer service by management and staff was exceptional...and the location of this hotel was great, many amenities close by and within walking distance...thank you for a great experience

Hi Maja,

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your business and are glad you had a great time. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Sadly, the hotel staff does not seem to be able to maintain a level of quiet even in the wee hours. Loud parties in several rooms but hotel security could not get the noise to stop. Air conditioning does not work very well, either.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments. I'm very sorry that you experienced a noisy night. It is always our goal to provide a restful and exceptional stay and I'm very sorry that we were not able to keep the soccer travelers' noise from disturbing you. I can assure you that this is not a common problem and I hope you will give us another chance to impress you. I would love to speak to you more about your experience and see what we can do to make it right. I would welcome a call from you whenever it is convenient.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here for a training that was facilitated in one of the basement conference rooms. We were supposed to be in a block, but other members were elsewhere in the hotel. Figured they would have put us all together away from rooms with kids. More than one night I was awoken to screaming/running kids in the hallway. Very nice otherwise. Close to all amenities needed to enjoy Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, including your meeting, at our hotel. I was very happy to see you were able to give us four or five stars in every area. Our Versailles ballroom is a great choice for a large meeting and I'm glad you were pleased with your experience. I do apologize about your sleeping room being near families with children. We are one of the top choices for both business and leisure and it is our goal to meet the needs of all of our guests and provide them with a great stay. Your recommendation to put all the conference attendees near each other is a great one. Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stay at this hotel maybe once or twice a month because the rooms are always clean, the staff is friendly, and it's simply luxurious. They also have some of the best complimentary chocolate cookies around =) you definitely get what you pay for, and I'm going to continue to choose this location anytime I'm in the area. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi Christine,

Thank you for such a glowing recommendation! We truly appreciate your loyalty and promise to continue to provide you with great service and a luxurious experience. We also promise to keep the cookies coming!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!