“Incredible staff!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Chicago, Illinois
“Incredible staff!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Thank you to everyone from the front desk to the women who cleaned our room. Everyone was most accommodating and pleasant. Thanksgiving weekend is a very busy time time of year, but these people made everything easier for us. Many thanks for a most pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Ulm, United States
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have always had good service and a comfortable room. The fitness center is not very large, but has everything i need. I am an early riser so I have no problem finding an open treadmill and using the free weights. The hotel location works well for me since the company I work for has an office less than 2 miles away.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank Norman S. M
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The hotel is located close to a shopping mall with all good brands, so it's a very good choice if you intend to bring stuff home (there's a best buy and a marshalls just around the corner and the shopping mall is on the other corner). The hotel is very clean and the people is very gently and receptive. I would definitely stay there again. There's a nice bath tube in the shower and many paid tv channels available.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Weston, CT
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I would give this 3 1/2 if I could.

The hotel is just fine. Not too expensive, good location, free internet and parking, lovely lobby, friendly staff. However, the restaurant is pricey, and the food is mediocre.

The bedroom was small, the bathroom tiny. Our bed was not especially comfortable. I've seen nicer rooms at other Double Trees - this one was more on par with a Hilton Garden Inn.

And that's my real comparison. We stayed in Skokie because the HGI and Hilton Orrington in Evanston were both booked. This Doubletree is somewhat less expensive than either, but much less convenient.

If your destination is Skokie, this hotel is a 4. But if you want to be in Evanston, the price differential just isn't worth the trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We booked two rooms for a family stay, and we received exactly what we asked for. This is pretty no-frills, but everything worked and was as expected. The free internet is nice, and the restaurant is more than OK. There are plenty of chain restaurants within walking distance, like iHOP and Panera, and the Old Orchard Shopping Center is across the road. The service is friendly. Rooms seem to have been redone, with beautiful big flat screen TV's, nice bathrooms, very clean. Towels were a little worn, but clean. I'd stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ashland, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Air conditioning is needed in room 1020. The temperature was set at 60 degrees and the fan all the way up and the room still felt like a sanua. I have asked they document that I am not to be placed in that room for future stays.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ohio
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I booked a room here for an extended weekend in the Evanston/Skokie area. Using Hotwire for a Fri – Sun night stay at the beginning of Nov, I got a room for 2 adults at $63/night; $75.50 w/ taxes & fees. For that price the room was worth it and I’d recommended a stay. But at the regular price of $112/night (w/o taxes & fees) I don’t think the place is worth it and think you can find a better value in the area since there are a number of hotels in the vicinity.
I greatly appreciated the hotel was flexible regarding check in. Since my boyfriend was traveling separately and there was a good possibility he would get there before me I called the hotel beforehand and they were more than happy to take his name and allow him to check in before I arrived. We received warm chocolate chip cookies at check in which is always appreciated. The hotel has a pool that spans indoors and outdoors which looked nice but we did not use it. There’s no public hot tub or sauna. The hotel also has an onsite restaurant & fitness room but we did not use either. The free in room internet was acceptable but we used it only sporadically. There is plenty of free, well lit parking on site.
For what we needed the location was fabulous. There are lots of places to eat within walking distance. We especially appreciated the Panera Bread across the street. There is also an upscale mall, Westfield Old Orchard, diagonally from the parking lot. It was also convenient to Northwestern Univ and the lake, which what was important to us. We did not use public transit and did not go into downtown Chicago but the train stations are not that far away but not walkable IMHO. Plus the hotel was easy to find for us out of towners.
They gave us a 3rd floor room with two queen beds but it still had plenty of room for 2 adults to move around comfortably. The bathroom however was tiny; 2 adults could not use it at the same time. The room had a mini fridge which worked just fine but no microwave. The TV had lots of channel choices but no pay per view movies, which I thought was odd for a 3.5 start hotel. The bed, linens and pillows were all very, very comfortable and we had no problems sleeping. The entire room was clean, nothing was ripped, torn, stained, worn looking, with everything in working condition. However the thermostat did not reflect the room temp; I think it was because the heating/cooling system is so old. We had to set the thermostat to 62 deg otherwise the room was too hot to sleep. But once we figured that out, it was comfortable.
Housekeeping did an ok job but not excellent. I always tip housekeeping daily so expect everything to be clean and/or replaced when I return. That did not happen every day and had to call on 1 occasion for glassware which was not replaced. But it was promptly brought to our room.
Overall for the price it was an excellent stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you do not pay full/list price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!