“Clean, Organized, and Fantastic Staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Clean, Organized, and Fantastic Staff”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

In July of 2013, I had to stay at the Double Tree hotel for the Mrs. International Pageant. I booked a premium room to ensure that I had space to enjoy while at the hotel. Upon arrival, my reservation was changed without anyone contacting me. I promptly complained (after driving 11 hours, I was really not happy). Israel, Brian, and Farland took control and fixed the problem. First, I was given the room that I booked within 20 minutes of my complaint. I was given a reduced rate on the premium room due to the inconvenience. Then, all of my bags had to be moved from the tiny room to the larger room. This was done promptly and with a smile. I understand that mistakes are made; but Israel, Brian, and Farland's response to the mistake is what made the difference. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Also, the entire hotel was lovely, clean, and service was similar all week. Everyone was always willing to help.

Room Tip: If you are traveling alone or are a light packer, then the regular room will be fine. I refuse to l...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
DoubletreeSarah, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Mrs. PAQueen2013,

Thank you for the 5 star post and the great comments about Israel, Brian and Farhad. I am very glad they took care of the issue and went above and beyond to take of you. I will share the post with them and certainly celebrate it with the team.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Staff was excellent as were accommodations with the exception of the small bathroom. Everything was clean. Plus, free parking near Chicago is a huge benefit. Very nice hotel and location - near mall, restaurants etc.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Patrck S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am truly delighted to learn that you found comfort in your room, enjoyed the location and that our service team was able to graciously assist you throughout your visit. I apologize the bathroom size was not up to your satisfaction. We truly value your feedback and will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Kimberly, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel stay was quite nice. I only stayed one night but it was very comfortable. My bathroom was really small and cramped, though. I didn't get to enjoy the resturant, but I have stayed here in the past and the food has been really good. The staff was really friendly and helpful.

Dear Stacey P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments of your most recent visit to the Doubletree by Hilton North Shore. I am very glad you had a fantastic stay with us and cannot wait to serve you again soon!

Prophetstown IL, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We attend events at Northwestern University and this is a great location, convenient, easy access and egress. The staff is top notch. The bathrooms are very small but very clean and well kept. I will return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Myron H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us, for your kind remarks about our service team, and for the hotel's great location. Your patronage and loyalty are highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Front Office Manger
Tuscola, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay very much. We would rate this hotel a 12 if there was such a thing on a 10 point scale. Will most assuredly return if we are ever again in the area. Very Nice / Outstanding hospitality and staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeSarah, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Karen M,

Thank you very much for the amazing comments and the 5 star rating !!! I will certainly share them with the team. Look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Chicago North Shore soon.

San francisco, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was so insulted as they don't offer complimentary coffee in the lobby nor a good breakfast place, so we had to go out in the extreme cold for coffee and breakfast. The bathrooms are sketchy and even though the water is loaded with chlorine, they have no bottled water.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Susan S,

Thank you for for taking the time to review your most recent stay at our hotel. I am terribly sorry for the inconsistencies in the quality of our service you encountered throughout your experience, especially concerning the hotel amenities such as compliemntary coffee and water. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

South Riding, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The rooms at this Doubletree are very nice with good, comfortable bedding and sufficient lighting to either relax or be able to work without straining your eyes late at night. Each room has a refrigerator, which is handy for holding snacks and drinks, and a pod-based coffee maker, which is ok unless you drink lots of coffee. Only drawback is the lack of a microwave - there is one in the lobby for everyone to use so pack nice pajamas if you intend to travel down during the night for a reheat of leftovers. Staff is very friendly and engaging.

Dear Jody C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am truly delighted to learn that you found comfort in your room and that our service team was able to graciously assist you throughout your visit. In regards of the microwave, indeed we have one in the lobby as well as we can provide one to your room every time you visit us. We truly value your feedback and will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!