“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
bloomington, United States
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Nice room. Great pool! Complimentary coffee in the lobby would be nice. $3 for a coffee is not good. Free wifi though, so that's a plus. The $25 gas and save package is a good deal. We were there on a busy night so parking was a pain. I would stay there again. Geez, 200 characters is a lot. I really have nothing more to say.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeSarah, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Robert G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback of your most recent visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Chicago North Shore. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the hotel and its amenities and would like to thank you for the great suggestion in regards of the complientary coffee. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St Louis, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Excellent staff. Staff was very welcoming. Check in was quick and easy. I liked that there seemed to always be an elevator waiting on the lobby floor. Our room was a bit small but well appointed and clean. There is a restaurant that is attached to the hotel and the food is excellent. We stayed overnight and ate dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. If I'm in the area again, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Brenda F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us and for your kind remarks about our service team. Comments like yours inspire our continuous pursuit of excellence in everything we do. We truly value your feedback and will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This Hilton Double Tree is a great place to stay while visiting Old Orchard Mall. It is close to area restaurants and is still comfy enough to be called a suburb of Chicago. The hotel itself is very modern in decor, clean and provides a great experience for anyone visiting Skokie.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Trina W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you truly enjoy the hotel’s location and its modern décor. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Davenport, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The overall quality of the DoubleTree Inn/Skokie IL for the price was well worth the stay. The restaurant associated with the facility was above and beyond our expectations. We would use this hotel again Skokie, IL be our destination in the future when attending North Western University athletic events

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Darrell T,

Thank you so much for you positive feedback regarding your continuous stays with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the food from our on-site restaurant. Comments like yours inspire our continuous pursuit of excellence in everything we do. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 January 2014

In July of 2013, I had to stay at the Double Tree hotel for the Mrs. International Pageant. I booked a premium room to ensure that I had space to enjoy while at the hotel. Upon arrival, my reservation was changed without anyone contacting me. I promptly complained (after driving 11 hours, I was really not happy). Israel, Brian, and Farland took control and fixed the problem. First, I was given the room that I booked within 20 minutes of my complaint. I was given a reduced rate on the premium room due to the inconvenience. Then, all of my bags had to be moved from the tiny room to the larger room. This was done promptly and with a smile. I understand that mistakes are made; but Israel, Brian, and Farland's response to the mistake is what made the difference. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Also, the entire hotel was lovely, clean, and service was similar all week. Everyone was always willing to help.

Room Tip: If you are traveling alone or are a light packer, then the regular room will be fine. I refuse to l...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
DoubletreeSarah, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Mrs. PAQueen2013,

Thank you for the 5 star post and the great comments about Israel, Brian and Farhad. I am very glad they took care of the issue and went above and beyond to take of you. I will share the post with them and certainly celebrate it with the team.

Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Staff was excellent as were accommodations with the exception of the small bathroom. Everything was clean. Plus, free parking near Chicago is a huge benefit. Very nice hotel and location - near mall, restaurants etc.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Patrck S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am truly delighted to learn that you found comfort in your room, enjoyed the location and that our service team was able to graciously assist you throughout your visit. I apologize the bathroom size was not up to your satisfaction. We truly value your feedback and will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Kimberly, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel stay was quite nice. I only stayed one night but it was very comfortable. My bathroom was really small and cramped, though. I didn't get to enjoy the resturant, but I have stayed here in the past and the food has been really good. The staff was really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Stacey P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments of your most recent visit to the Doubletree by Hilton North Shore. I am very glad you had a fantastic stay with us and cannot wait to serve you again soon!

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!