DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
US$109
US$116
US$105
1,198 results
All reviewscookiesacross the streetdouble treesmall bathroomold orchardnorth shoreconvenient locationfree parkingbed was very comfortablebreakfast buffetbusiness centerbusiness tripnice stayvery nice hotelenjoyed my stayfront desk stafffitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Double Tree is very attractive, the staff is friendly and the rooms are spacious. The free chocolate chip cookies are a nice touch. However, I had a couple of maintenance issues that took a while to resolve and my TV had to be replaced at 11 at night. The desk showed no record of the replacement the day. I was then told that I would receive a free dinner at the restaurant. When I checked out and reviewed my visa statement, there was a $20 not on my bill. I called the hotel yesterday and they said it was a hold. When the $20 still showed today, I called again. I was told that it was from the restaurant and that only $17 of my meal was taken off the bill. I explained the situation and the person on the phone said she would credit the charge. It was annoying to have to go through all of this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeSarah, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Julie K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

While I am happy to hear you enjoyed our cookies, I am sorry to hear about the maintenance and billing issues you experienced. I have followed up with both my engineering and front desk staff in hope that others don't have the same experience as you had.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've stayed at this Doubletree multiple times as one of my companies regional headquarters are nearby. Always the service and restaurant have been excellent. This was the first time I was the meeting planner and I have to say WOW! My first contact with the Sales Office was Rachel. Everything I mentioned by email was already handled when I arrived - no need to follow up on anything when I got there. The Front Desk was prepared for our arrival with everything we needed. Rachel recommended Immanual Limo (their in-house company) who also did an excellent job with 3 trips to the airport. The in-house restaurant, Jameson's, is excellent. The food and service was outstanding. I had to leave in the middle of dinner to do a conference call and they held the bill until I could come back down and sign it! Perla was super!

I've also stayed one with my husband and we really enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool - you could duck under the wall and actually be outside - in the middle of winter.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WiWeezie

Dear WiWeezie,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect our hotel has to offer!

We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Greeted upon arrival and staff was very friendly. Room was clean, and the stay was wonderful. Food was good, the meeting room was comfortable, and when an adjoining meeting room had a loud meeting, they were accommodating to us when we asked them to turn the music down as we had a quiet meeting, Great hotel, great price, great experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marilou M,

I am happy to hear you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful and that you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to having you back with us again!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The room was clean and neat, the bed was very comfortable, with alot of really nice pillows! a very comfortable stay, we were put at a quiet end of the hotel. The only complaint was the bathroom was very small. smaller than my bathroom at home, the door hits your knees when you are...but otherwise very nice room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pamela W,

While I am happy to hear that your stay was a comfortable one, I am sorry that you found our bathroom to be small and cramped.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We flew in and out of Midway and the car service at this hotel was fantastic, helpful and cost effective compared to a cab or the train!! The front desk staff set it up for us and was very understanding when we needed to make a few changes. I would highly recommend using this service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family